Ghost Towns

Ideas on how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:29 pm

The easiest solution is to either

A) place a small icon like the VIP icon or the Reputation icon, to show players who have not been loggedin in say 3-6months...maybe even a different icon to show those that have been gone for 6+.

b) the Easiest work around here is to create allod rankings, or repulation rankings with an All tab, and an Active tab....like a drop down used in compairing guilds in the guild statistics...

Either way it will be depressing to see just how many are inactive, it would probably lead to guild purges, and a few people quiting...but it would also lead to finding active new players easier and getting them hooked into a guild sooner, rather than later....

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:18 am

I have been giving it some more thought, and found a different solution:
(not for the ghost towns being there, but for the demand that they create)

Stop growing demand until it becomes proportional to the number of people actually producing something.

It would be a more smooth transition (it would probably take a few years), and would again make sure that supply and demand are closer together, which probably would make the game much more interesting.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:18 am

Hmm,don't know if that is doable, but will note it down and pass on the idea!

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:03 pm

pearlbay wrote:..
While this is certainly an interesting idea, it would be problematic for those players who are indeed offline for a longer period of time, and return to find their cities gone. Since Kapi Regnum is based on long-term planning, this would be a great loss for someone who has played for several months or even years; that is why we are very careful with features that harm a player's account during his/her absence. After all, you wouldn't want your account damaged if you have been on vacation or simply did not have the time to log in for a while because of personal reasons. :-)

Best regards,

pearlbay
This ^^. Having been one of those people who had to leave the game for an extended period (1 month RL break resulted in almost 3 years of doing nothing more than using email on the interwebz), I certainly appreciated being able to come back and see everything just as I left it.

I see where the player's are coming from though and even had my account been deleted/mothballed, it wouldn't have hurt me too much as the first thing I did when I got back was hit the "reset" option. But had I spent alot of time building up a mid-large sized city, having it go "POOF" in my absence would have been a bummer.

Post by Guest » Sun May 01, 2011 12:12 pm

:x Deleting accounts :x

I am happy that this has not been done. I for one do not own my own computer or internet connection. It can be months between access, especialy if I go to the hills for winter. Sometimes it has been 8 months between internet/computer access.

This game has a level of enjoyment that would be missed if my account were deleted just because I am not one of the lucky people with a secure structure to their lives.

The world has turned in to a disposable society; let us not be so quick to dispose of peoples fun along with everything else.

:idea:

Post by Guest » Sun May 01, 2011 6:24 pm

Pearl Bay to the rescue...

It makes me nervous to hear talk like this...

The game is awsome... I enjoy playing...

If I were deleted and came back to find I had to start over. I would.

Some cities I have met over time have gone... Where? Some were here long some not.
It is common for me to have them come to mind. I wonder if they are ok.
Having their city stay intact leaves room for hope of their return.

I too had to choose another name because the one I wanted was taken...

Meant alot more to me then than it does now. If I would have known how long I would play this game, I would have picked something else...

the littlewoman xoxo

Post by Guest » Sun May 01, 2011 10:12 pm

Ardour wrote:
This game has a level of enjoyment that would be missed if my account were deleted just because I am not one of the lucky people with a secure structure to their lives.
i totaly agree .. i was off the game for allmost 6 months last year due to RL issues that took priority ... whould have been a shame to come back to nothing ,after all the work i put into my city.
Ardour wrote: The world has turned in to a disposable society; let us not be so quick to dispose of peoples fun along with everything else.

:idea:
absolutly

Post by Guest » Tue May 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Certainly, I do not want to dispose of the fun that some people have who can sometimes not log into the game for a long time, and probably this is a strong point of the game, that you can actually go away for a long time.

As I understood from Pearl Bay's comments, you can rest assured that your account will not be deleted, and your city not be destroyed while it is gone.

I still hope that the problem that supply and demand do not really play a role in the sales to the NPC can be dealt with in another way. I have learned a lot about this game and the people who play it since my first comment, and if nothing else, at least this has been a good outcome of this this discussion.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Wed May 04, 2011 8:59 am

Paracelcus wrote: As I understood from Pearl Bay's comments, you can rest assured that your account will not be deleted, and your city not be destroyed while it is gone.
That is correct. Should there ever be any changes here, we'll make sure to alert all players, but at the moment, there are no plans of doing this. :)
Paracelcus wrote: I still hope that the problem that supply and demand do not really play a role in the sales to the NPC can be dealt with in another way. I have learned a lot about this game and the people who play it since my first comment, and if nothing else, at least this has been a good outcome of this this discussion.
I cannot make any promises as to that effect (both about the doability and feasibility of a major change like this), though of course I have passed that on to our developers.

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » Wed May 04, 2011 11:25 am

It's great to see so many people enjoying this game in so many ways.

Hoorah

:D

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Thu May 05, 2011 7:53 am

Ardour wrote:It's great to see so many people enjoying this game in so many ways.

Hoorah

:D
:D Thanks, Ardour, I agree! :D

status Quo

Post by Guest » Thu May 05, 2011 11:19 pm

Hi to contributors so far.
I have wondered for some time if the clearing out of unused cities might make the game more exciting for newcomers to get to the top more easily. But then I realised that the dormant cities were active enough to get high rankings when they were playing. One does not remove an athletes name from the world records just because he has stopped running!! All new competitors have to earn their medals.
Some cities could well be 'dormant' because they are on long term upgrade!
There might be a case for eliminating cities that have not completed the training stage AND have no logged in for over a year but I think it will make very little difference to the normal player.

poipoi