Europe

Want to know where your trade partners live in real life? Find out here!

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:31 pm

I live in Avilés, a city from the North of Spain. I can speak English and Italian and some German.

I study Chemistry in the University.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:47 pm

I'm from America and have been living in Germany for nearly 13 years. My native tongue is English, but I also speak German.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:27 am

Hi,

I'm Thom, I'm somewhere between British and English depending on my mood (father's from the south of england, mothers from the north, I was born in scotland, grew up from the age of three in the south-west (Cornwall), went to Univeristy in Wales (A tiny village called Lampeter), moved around a bit betwen England, Wales and the Republic of Ireland, and am now back at university in Leeds, England).

To my shame the languages that I speak are few and none fluent. I did a very intensive medieval Latin course last year which was 'fun'. I have a bit of Czech that is highly rusty, I can understand the Welsh of the trainstation announcement, have a little bit of French, less German, and even less Icelandic. I'm supposed to be studying (Late) Old English this very second, but instead I'm writing this... time to get back to studying i fear!

Take care all,

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:39 pm

hey ,i 'm from belgium
i live in the east of the flanders ,
i speak dutch ,french ,english and a little german

niecke

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:59 pm

Now that was a rather strange feeling last night.

Was anyone from the UK awake around 1am this morning, or at least woken up by a severe shaking?

I was just heading off for the night, when all of a sudden the whole house started shaking. It wasn't until the morning I'd actually realised what it was - An Earthquake.

Now I live about 35 miles from the epicentre of the quake, but to feel it shaking that violently I can only imagine what it was like in Lincolnshire, especially since it's been reported people as far as London, or even north-east Wales felt the effects.

Quite a scary moment actually, especially since we don't really get such earthquakes in the UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7267567.stm

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:22 pm

Lucien wrote:Well I'm from Landshut near Munich and I speak german. I also speak fluent english due to 10 years in South Africa and can read some dutch and a bit of french and spanish.
hi whats your townname?

i'm from landshut too

my town is Bornstein

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi Therian,

taken me a while to reply to this, but I've not been on the forum in a while. The earth quake was pretty funky, though Ifeel sorry for those who where closer and suffered property or persona ldamage form it. I'm up in Leeds and found myself debating whether mammoth's had been magically re-introduced into the area... I guess, having been asleep at the time my brain wasn't quite working properly :?

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:03 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

you were actually by a earthquake.....

not that impressive i from CA. i have slept through 3 and have been awake for 1 not that impressive. :wink: :P :P

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:25 am

I'm from Glasgow, Scotland. I have had some exposure to many european languages through school, colleagues and even and old girlfriend but I'm only really fluent in English and Scots (I bet most of you didn't even know that was a language, in fairness its really more of a dialect of english.)

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:38 pm

Image Greetings from Germany here Image
living in Offenbach, next to Frankfurt a.M.

in kapi-regnum.de my town is called Offenbach
and kapi-regnum.nl :D my town there is called Emden (my old homeland)
and i'm also active in kapiland.de
W1 = Ladys Baustoff AG
W2 = Ladys Baustoff AG
W3 = Ladys Strickwaren AG
W4 = Ladys Milchladen

ahh :D
here my town is called Liverpool, because my sister is living in Liverpool UK

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:17 pm

I'm from Belgium the dutch part of it.
Belgium is a multiple land of languages.
That's why we can speak different languages like dutch, french and german.
And english ofcorse

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:00 am

Dang, LadyH, you be everywhere! And you're definitely the hardcore Kapi player! :lol:

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:35 am

Hello, I am Tante (aunty), born in 1965 and i'm from Holland. I only speak dutch, coz thats the easiest language in the world 8)
What else to say.... Dunno.... If you have any questions, fly to Antarctica and ask me your question :D

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:45 pm

I'm Lisper, born in the year 1982, from Belgium(at this moment it still is, maybe in few months I should say Flandres :D).
I speak dutch which is very obvious ;)
I also speak english, French, little German and few words gaelic :p

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:30 pm

I was born in Belgium but lived in the Netherlands for most of my life.
Officially i am Dutch, genetically half Dutch half Belgian.
I speak and read Dutch, Englisch, German, French and a tiny bit "Scandinavian" ( I am afraid i mix up Danish Swedish an Norwegian). I can read (easy) bits in the newspaper in Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Italian and Spanish.
I am Playing a town called "East Mersea".
Why? East Mersea actually exists. You can find it about 10 miles south of Englands Oldest town: Colchester. It is on a little island called Mersea, that with high tide gets cut of from the rest of the world.
I fell in love with the place when I was a teen ager. On Mersea Island, once every summer, a great camp is organised for young people from all over the world. I used to go as a camper, but now i bring over a group of young people from teh Netherlands (and incidentally some from Belgium, Luxemburgh and Germany as well) to camp. I just returned from International Camp 2008, an other great year!!!!!!