When to start using pamphlets?

Here is enough space for all you players to ask questions about the game

Moderator: moderators

When to start using pamphlets?

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm

So, when is the best time to start using pamphlets?
What is the disappearance rate of them?

I have four 1300 sq.m jewellery stalls and a 300 sq.m fruit stall. I try to sell almost as much as I produce in 24 hours.
The reason I haven't bought pamphlets yet is because I don't know if it will be worth it at my village size (allod: 98.000.000,00 ¢τ).

Us Kapilanders are spoiled with ever-lasting advertisements. :P

Re: When to start using pamphlets?

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:14 pm

You'll want to start using pamphlets as you can afford them. They will boost how much you can sell in your stall significantly if you advertise to the maximum number of points, which, I believe, is around 40k. The decay rate is very slow, so I usually advertise around 45-50k of advertising points, and I haven't had to refresh pamphlets yet.

I also suggest joining a guild (like MLT!) where people are more willing to part with things like pamphlets for near the production cost, rather than the huge mark-ups you'll pay on the market. Or at least send a dove to me [Elantris] and I can send some your way. /end shameless promotion :D

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:09 am

Thanks for the info. Am I right to assume that better quality speeds up sales too?

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:00 am

Hi Andro

Each quality gives you q+1 ad points.

i.e., q0 is 1 ad point, q1 is 2 ad points & q5 is 6 ad points... so on.

Effectively, higher your pamphlet quality, more ad points you get out of each pamphlet.

Also, higher product quality improves sell speed, lower price improves sell speed, lower market saturation improves sell speed too (very unlikely to hit that roadblock).

Cheers

PK

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:57 am

Thanks for that info. :)
I find it nice that the stalls market has the ability to shift that way (haven't experienced it yet though). It will force villages to change their sell strategy. That doesn't happen in Kapilands. :?