Question about rank

Here is enough space for all you players to ask questions about the game

Moderator: moderators

Question about rank

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:40 am

This is my first time really playing this game. From reading the forum about it, I found that "production rate, amount produced, amount you can sell" drops as you increase in rank.
I am currently at 1,480,000 allod and zero cash, rank increases @ 2,000,000 combined allod and cash.
I am producing 49,600 wood every 24 hrs. Selling that amount would put me over 2mil. So what I plan to do is sell 23,636 keeping me right under 2mil, set production for another 49,600, spend the rest on water to drop money back down then sell another 23,636, What will happen is that I can stay under 2 mil for as long as I like, building my wood and water stockpile. My question is. Is it worth it? am I over thinking things or is this a good idea. thanks in advance.
P.S. How much does amount you can sell and produce decrease?
P.S.S. Please tell me I am not thinking of a way to cheat the system.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:40 am

Yes, gaining rank is not a good thing. But indefinitly staying below a low rank, isn't either. Since you grow, you will produce less with the same building, but growing means more and bigger buildings, thus incrising your profit. And you gain more by growing then you lose by gaining rank.

So don't worry to much about ranks. If you can postphone it, fine, but don't overdo it :)

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:48 pm

What Utopolis said.

I haven't played Kapi-Regnum much either but I suspect it is a lot like Kapilands in this respect.

Early in your city's growth, it is going to be almost impossible to keep from ranking easily. Trouble there being is that 2 million ¢τ isn't all that hard to make either through actual cash or allod (or both). 4 million 8 millon and 16 million probably are going to come pretty quickly as well.

I have done, in Kapilands (and am planning on doing here in Kapi-Regnum) what you said as well. Using stock buys (tools q0 most probably) to keep from ranking if I ever have a major expansion coming. It would really blow to get all the buildings lined out and all the materials needed to do an expansion on multiple buildings just to have to re figure because you just went over the rank threshold by 100,000 ¢τ.

One problem I ran into there that I expect to see here as well at some point, is that the sheer amount of cash needed for an expansion(s) itself is greater than what you need for the next rank.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:54 am

Aught wrote:I haven't played Kapi-Regnum much either but I suspect it is a lot like Kapilands in this respect.
Yes, it's the same as in Kapilands.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:11 am

One problem I ran into there that I expect to see here as well at some point, is that the sheer amount of cash needed for an expansion(s) itself is greater than what you need for the next rank.
This is especially a problem when you sell a large order for an outrageous amount of money (think contest goods): there you may even skip a rank. In this case, take special care to split the order so that you can turn your first load of cash into wood, stones and tools, then you can use the second load to upgrade your buildings with the materials that you bought from the first.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:57 pm

as Aught said .. buy stocks .. keep your wood and stone buy tools and yes even water .. since u will be needing a lot more of these basic goods down the road for productions and upgrades .. you definatly can avoid early promotion like that .. try to put as much as you can into upgrades ...increased allod means better compensation for productiondrop ;)