Here is enough space for all you players to ask questions about the game

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » Sun May 08, 2011 4:55 am

:lol: You made me laugh out loud :lol:

Thank you Hoff

the littlewoman xoxo

Shifty figure

Post by Guest » Tue May 24, 2011 1:37 am

The shifty figure was back again, but we have been doing some research since his last visit.

It would appear that what we believed to be a rare and valuable antique, is in fact a copy :o

Others just like it have been spotted in numerous cities :(

The rogue was sent packing again; although we suspect they will return when we least expect it. :shock:

Re: Quests - How much time between deliveries

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:29 am

I got my first quest yesterday (after ignoring the very first message) and I'm wondering how long before I get the second message. I finished the first delivery yesterday.
I hope it's a few days at least because this could well ruin my village.

pearlbay

Re: Quests

Post by pearlbay » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:43 am

Hi Andro,

the next visit should be after 24 hours of the dark shape's first visit, if the quest is still ongoing. New visits after a successfully or unsuccessfully completed quest are then generated randomly. By the way: if you don't complete a specific quest, the others won't be affected; you'll still get new quests after that, no worries!

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:11 am

Thanks for the reply. The shade is now hiding in the shadows again. I have a message but haven't read it yet. I'll wait a day or two. :wink:

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:20 am

Hehe, alright. ;) And you're very welcome! :D

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:18 pm

You are clearly in the wrong guild if you are asking these questions. :wink:

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:03 pm

How long after recieving the first message does it take to recieve an actual task? i had the message with the word 'Harbour' two days ago. I already have an harbour so shouldn't the dark shape be back by now?

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:21 pm

Stonehaven wrote:You are clearly in the wrong guild if you are asking these questions. :wink:
I'm not in a guild by choice. I'm getting really fed up by the need to get people into a guild. Being in a guild means you need to adapt to some extent; be social; do this, help out there. Not for me. Not in this game.
Besides, what's the point of a forum if everyone seeks out a guild and only hang out there asking their questions?!

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:47 pm

Depending on the guild, the level of adaptation you need to make can vary. I'm in guilds on German servers where I don't actually do anything but make the occasional wonder donation. :)

The KR forum is actually a strange beast. People in a guild have a board in-game through which they can communicate. That's often the first stop for interaction for many players, since it is most convenient, not requiring a separate log-in and visit to another page. This means that, as you might be able to tell from the level of activity on this forum, fewer go outside the guild, unless they're reporting a bug, complaining about an aspect of the game, in need of something their guild cannot supply (like coins), or recruiting for their guilds. Also, Upjers doesn't want certain information posted as spoilers (like the products needed for certain quests or the delivery to special buildings), while guilds can maintain lists of products and even point you to people who make those goods. Because guilds are on some levels in competition, they're not likely to share this information with others. This may be different for the other servers (the German forums always seem a lot more active when I bother stopping by), but for this server, you're more likely to get help and support from a guild than from the forum.

You CAN play this game solo, which I do on a couple of the other servers, but it helps if you already know the ins and outs of the game. Which, because of the situation described above, will likely happen faster if you're in a guild, sharing the accumulated knowledge of many players. In my experience, anyway. :)

As for your question, have you employed anybody in your harbor?

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanks, luckily spotted your last sentence :)

To be honest though with this whole guild thing. I'm getting sick of hearing about them and everyone seems to use every possibility to enroll you into theirs. I've posted minimal questions and pretty much every thread I read ends up with advice of joining the helpers guild. I even ended up with pm's which although I appreciate the advice which was very good ended up advertising a guild. The only doves I get are from people offering for me to join their guild's. It gets a little tiresome.

At the same time the actual guilds section of the forum contains very little information and seem very inactive. Surely to advertise activity that particular section would busier? What incentive is there if nobody from a guild can be bothered updating or upping threads for a year or so but says join us we have information.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:42 pm

I was scratching my head at first, since you shouldn't be asked to build the building if you already had. Except if you don't have employees. :D

I can't speak for all, obviously, but I would imagine that part of the lack of activity in the guild section is that it actually has little return on getting new membership, even with semi-frequent "ups," whereas being helpful and letting new KR players know about your guild has a better return rate for new members. The dangers of any sort of advertising, I guess, is that it can still be irritating, even if you think you have a good product to offer! *ponders going and "upping" the MLT thread, just in case*

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:53 pm

It didn't make much sense but then the dark shape forgot to mention employing people just building a harbour, for some reason I never thought about employees. It'll have to wait a day anyway I've ran out of citizens to employ again.

From your description the 'whole' forum makes little more sense now as it did seem very quiet compared to the market and usually there is at least some sort of constant trading within the forum. Whereas here's it's obviously a little more veiled behind guilded doors.

In regards to 'upping' it's always been easier to spot more active players or in the case here guilds. If something hasn't been upped for months on end there just doesn't seem any enticement that whatever your joining is active.

Edit: just to add Ironically just received another spam dove about MLT in-game, I think the word is out Jediping. :wink:

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:54 am

Lol

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:55 am

And you will likely keep getting them.

You are perplexed about the heavy guild presence in this game. Good for you. I am perplexed at people that only want to play half of the game. Guilds make more sense here than do the unions of Kapilands. The game is actually built to drive the guild experience here. You complain about the lack of activity on this forum. Good for you. All the freaking activity is in-guild on the chat boards Ping mentioned. Sorry you don't like it. But it is what this venue is built on.

After one has put up a thread in the guild pages here, there is actually very little else to do with it. Recent activity doesn't even move your thread to the top of the list, so why bother? We spend time, getting our hands dirty, contacting players directly. And believe me, if you grapple around the dovecote as much as I do on recruiting days, your hands get pretty dirty. I long for a reason to get active on the guild pages, but short of calling each other names, which we have already done to the point of boredom, there isn't much reason. Not that this should bother you any...you aren't interested in the first place.

So, there it is from my point of view. If you don't like the message, you have my permission to shoot the messenger. I borrowed him from the Pirates!!! of Trading Taiwan. Though I am still trying to figure how they get away with trading Taiwan. 8)