WOOD prices...

Moderator: moderators

WOOD prices...

Post by Guest » 20.11.2007, 20:21

The big companies are systematic lowering their woodprices. Once it was 55+, but now it's only 46+.

Wood is not my primary business; i make wardrobes, but sell daily 50.000 wood. I would like to see the prices go up again ! PLUS, the wardrobe-price depends on the wood-price.

Is there anybody that knows how we could do this ?

I suggest that you dont sell your wood too low, and if nobody pays enough, just dumb it at the market at 'high' prices (50-55)...

Re: WOOD prices...

Post by Guest » 22.11.2007, 19:24

esvece wrote:The big companies are systematic lowering their woodprices. Once it was 55+, but now it's only 46+.

Is there anybody that knows how we could do this ?
Well, because I have some money at my backhand, around 0,5M .
I will buy every dumb thing on the market which is in my range.

Just like a few seconds ago, some company dropped Q4, Q8 and Q16 wood for about 49 - 50 kaps on the market, this just blows my mind, so to be the good-one of the market, I buy them, and re-sell them for more fair prices (Q16=55, Q8=53, Q4=50), so I could sell my Q2 for 49

Post by Guest » 24.11.2007, 15:42

just, i do that too sometimes, but i dont have that much cash to do every time, so probably it wont change anything :(

Post by Guest » 24.11.2007, 15:47

I produce 50K wood daily as well.
Q5 selling at 50c.

Think probably would need to gather the big wood suppliers to make this work.

Post by Guest » 26.11.2007, 21:01

I don't think the big wood suppliers could change it either.

The problem is that all the big players have millions of wood in reserve, so there is no need for new... offcourse for low prices, they buy everything.

I think to solve the problem we have to let them use their reserves ! How ??? To make other things with your wood, for example TABLES. You need no steel for tables, only wood !
I am going to make more wardrobes so i dont have that much wood to sell daily...

Post by Guest » 27.11.2007, 12:28

OK good idea.
So tables better or wardrobe better?
I ll be selling to the population.

Post by Guest » 27.11.2007, 20:17

for wardrobes you need steel, so if you only make wood >>> tables are best !!

offcourse this wont help much.... i think that the prices will go down so dramatically, that a lot of people will change business !

Post by Guest » 27.11.2007, 20:24

Even though I can make my own wood, I still don't want to see prices go too high because I still have to import wood sometimes to expand my power plants. I'll let my plants grow more slowly, though if prices get too high because I'd rather put my other buildings into production.

Post by Guest » 28.11.2007, 21:26

dragon51188 wrote:Even though I can make my own wood, I still don't want to see prices go too high because I still have to import wood sometimes to expand my power plants. I'll let my plants grow more slowly, though if prices get too high because I'd rather put my other buildings into production.
you mean you use wood for expansion ??

Post by Guest » 04.12.2007, 21:20

Yeah, who doesn't use wood when they expand? In fact I could be entirely self sufficient if I felt so inclined, what with my 5 power plants, well, mine, plantation and factory.

Post by Guest » 04.12.2007, 21:30

listen people, its about competition. even if you get the big companies onboard, the little companies will take over, taking all the customers, and turn out better profits. i have many posts on power, they are having the same problem, everyones competing. you either go with it, or lose your business. i also said on the other one, the economy is collapsing onto itself. everyone is lowering to sell for that profit, itll just keep getting lower and lower, causing the market to pretty much crash.

Post by Guest » 04.12.2007, 21:51

You see, vertical integration gives you an advantage over the competition in a lot of cases because you can produce for less. You can then sell your products for less, making them go more quickly or you can make more money on each item. Yes, I just said something that could put me at a disadvantage.

Post by Guest » 06.12.2007, 16:42

we are on a crises I also get about 50k wood a day but wuts the point on selling it for 40c each? what are we back to 29 or something?

Post by Guest » 06.12.2007, 20:05

The only way to make the wood price go up again is find more bigger buyers and fix the price up to $50 and above,buyers control the price if no seller Unite to control the price^^ :wink:

Just a suggestion

Post by Guest » 08.12.2007, 06:42

well i make 95k wood now just finish 3 new Plantations at 1km2 each but it all go into wardobes so now i will make x2 more money selling wardobes in my stores then i do now so production cost will be like 3mill per day but profit will be 9mill that 9mill will be spent to buy wood off market for my expansions like i always do only it will be x2 more that i buy now but it not much but it still something it about maybe 10k per day as i will now use all high Q steel i make for wardobes now and be buying lots of npc steel for expand.

ok but that is when i expand and right now i dont realy have anything i want to expand as i have reached all my goals so far and i need to save alot of money anyway for something i need to get back to be able to expand 3new Plantation 1km2, 2 new power plants 300m2 +500m2 off another oen already had, 1new well 500m2 +300m2 on another new Furniture store 1,200m2 and new Joinery 500m2 all at once.

so with extra money that i will be saveing i think i will buy lots of wood and sell at a higher price 9mill in wood per day is alot of wood + if i sell any then i got that much more to spend the nexed day all the way to like 160mill as at 160mill i will then spend my money so i will try my best to keep prices high till i get the 160mill.

i sold the item as i know it will help my producion and income of x2 so what is why i sold it and now it will only take 1/2 the time to get the money back for that item more like 2 weeks to get it back well werth it i say as that would of taken me maybe months to gain that much stuff at the money i was makeing befor.

ya my post is hard to read and i go on about stuff i just dont need to post about but this if a forum so who cares anyway. :P