Translation mistakes (FIXED)

Always add your player ID, your company name and the Realm you play in to your description. Describe the problem as detailed as possible!

Moderator: moderators

Marketplace

Post by Guest » 23.03.2007, 18:16

At the bottom of all the marketplace pages it says

Tip: With 'buy' are also partial purchases possible!

Should be Tip: With 'Buy' partial purchases are also possible!

Or you can omit "also" altogether

Thanks.
Love the game

Post by Guest » 29.03.2007, 12:19

When Expanding a facility

There are XXm

Post by Guest » 04.04.2007, 13:45

Everything (which didn't concern the secretary :P ) should be fixed now.

Thanks for your feedback!
Regards,
Aru

Post by Guest » 06.04.2007, 12:04

After a production order

There are XXXXX YY quality Z in production.

should read

XXXXX quality Z YY are now being produced

or

A production order for XXXXX quality Z YY is underway

done

Post by Guest » 09.04.2007, 17:08

when will those translation errors be fixed? Getting crazy from my secretary

Post by Guest » 10.04.2007, 14:07

any sales building:
Quality bad --- very well
Q: x
edit
quality should be bad or very good

done

Post by Guest » 14.06.2007, 19:09

Good evening boss,
Hint: Don't you want to put in a few new co-workers? That also cost only with the attitude, then nothing more.

I don't really know what she wants to say ...

Post by Guest » 14.06.2007, 19:11

I guess someone wanted to say "increase". "attitude" has a completely other meaning I am affraid.

Special buildings

Post by Guest » 16.07.2007, 06:02

When I mark all buildings in my "Power plant administration" and dont give a number of power to produce and press execute it says "keine Anzahl eingegeben"

Post by Guest » 30.08.2007, 23:11

Selling research:

Sell at once

Do your really want to sell the research for 5,400.00 at once?

Sell at the technology market?

You can sell your research also on the technology market. But you will first get the money if there is a buyer for it.

Price:

Sell with contract

Or send a purchase contract. But you will first get the money if the buyer signed the contract.

Company name: Price:

Change to:
Sell to the system

Do your really want to sell the research for 5,400.00 to the system? You will receive the money immediately.

Sell at the technology market?

You can also sell your research on the technology market. You will receive the money if there is a buyer for it.

Price:

Sell with contract

Or send a purchase contract. You will receive the money when the buyer signs the contract.

Company name: Price:

/done

what is this?

Post by Guest » 30.09.2007, 15:49

i bought a single unit to see if the picture could give me a hint. also, is this product listed in help? maybe i was looking in the wrong place:

Tierfutter

translate please? i can't find it listed in any market listing, neither food nor nonfood nor raw materials. is this item a bug?

Post by Guest » 29.10.2007, 15:47

I recently made manager, so I have brand new (non-secretary) translation issues as part of my new level features ;) These are a bit more serious than the typical "poor english" sentence which you can still make sense out of, because they actually end up claiming an inaccurate fact.

The issue seems to revolve around a confusion in whichever automatic translator was used between "erst" in german (only when / once) and "Der Erste" (the first).
You never get your money first, then put the tech for sale.
You never get the money first if there is a buyer for your tech (they buy it first, then you receive the money).
=> You only get your money once someone bought the tech.

-----

When selling a tech on the tech market:
You can sell your research also on the technology market. But you will first get the money if there is a buyer for it.
Or send a purchase contract. But you will first get the money if the buyer signed the contract.
-----

The same exists with the building market:
You may also sell your building at the building market. But the money is first credited if there is a buyer for the building.
Or send a sale contract. But the money is first credited if the buyer signed the contract
-----

There are other issues with those sentences, as well as their little friends on the same pages ("Do your really want to sell the research for 43,200.00 at once?"). Rather than fixing one by one all the little flaws to get an accurate translation of these german sentences, they'd probably be best remade from scratch by an native english-speaking person (which I'm not), who gets the idea and expresses it directly in english. But the use of "first" in these 4 sentences felt very misleading, so that specific error probably deserves a fix in the meantime =)

Post by Guest » 02.12.2007, 18:34

One can use [ quote ] and [ /quote ] in IGM but the result is red text with Zitat:

instead of "quotation" (I'm not native speaker, but "quotation" should be fine).

Post by Guest » 02.12.2007, 18:41

The other is "Contest stats" in STATS:
in list of finished contests are von 14.11.2007 bis 23.11.2007.

Maybe "from" and "to" would be better.

Tutorial issues

Post by Guest » 18.01.2008, 05:44

I hope this is the right place for this!

1) At the bottom of each e-mail you get during the tutorial, there are two links at the bottom, like this:
Start over tutorial

Reset account without tutorial
Of course, the first one should really say
Start tutorial over
2) One of the tutorial e-mails contained some not-exactly-English, and I had to read it over several times to understand it. Also, some of the instructions didn't match the text on the screen being described:
Subject Next level!
Tutorial nearly finished!

Sale

Now we'll train the sale in a store!

Left hand above your company name is a contract shown. Click on it.

In the next window click on the ware name of the contract and sign it (click on sign).

Now go in the menu [Sale] to your just built Grocery and click on ready.
Left handed in the Grocery is: in sale. Click on change there.
Then enter in the following window the value 50 for the apples and sell them for 1,5