What is the sound?

This is our board section for topics that are not related to Kapilands. Please keep in mind: Avoid links to non-Kapilands-websites.

Moderator: moderators

What is the sound?

Post by Guest » 17.06.2007, 17:10

Of one hand clapping?

Post by Guest » 17.06.2007, 17:17

Is there any sound if a tree in a woud falls , but there are no people or animals or whtvr to hear it ?

What was there first , the chicken or the egg ?

I doubt , so i think , so i'm a thinkin being so i doubt ( descartes )

Etc.. ^^

Re: What is the sound?

Post by Guest » 17.06.2007, 20:30

dbsuma wrote:Of one hand clapping?

The souned is the same as a speaker playing a very low pichet note at the smallest decibal. :shock:

Post by Guest » 18.06.2007, 00:03

your all stupid (not realy but anyway) the sound of one hand claping, how the hell can one hand clap :!: :!: if a tree falls in the woods and nothings around to hear it, of cours it's going to make a sound its a huge tree falling over :!: :evil:, and finaly what came first , the chicken or the egg, well of course the chicken why would god (if you believe in him) want to sit on and egg for 12 weeks waiting for it to hach :!: :!: :!:
Jezz these are dumb questions :evil: :evil: ( :lol: not realy lol :P )

Post by Guest » 18.06.2007, 15:22

Tree : If NO - one CAN hear it , how can you prove it was there ! :twisted: ( its an ancient amer-indian philosphy ! )

chicken / egg : there IS NO GOD , get over it... , regarding the evolution theory egg was first , and mutating animals , finaly becmae chickens !!!

One hand clap => IT CAN -.- just Open and close your hand erry quickly like your making a fist => SOUND !

Post by Guest » 18.06.2007, 20:36

And some one-handed people clap with their hands in their necks :wink:

Post by Guest » 19.06.2007, 01:24

i dont believe in God i also believe in the evaloting thing, but the chicken came from the taranasaurus rex, (aufle spelling but oh well) so the real question is what came first the taranasaurus rex, or the taranasaurus rex egg

Post by Guest » 22.06.2007, 00:50

myth123456789 wrote:if a tree falls in the woods and nothings around to hear it, of cours it's going to make a sound its a huge tree falling over
NO, tree's don't make sound, nothing does.
Sound is electromagnetic waves emitted into air.
Sound is not so much produced but detected.
When this electromagnetic energy goes into a ear, then that ear sends it to the brain, that just thinks it is sound. Without an ear to hear it no sound is really made.

It is like saying if you do not have film in your Xray machine did you still take a picture of the inside of somebody's head. Obviously not.

All sound is, is electromagnetic energy, like light it is us silly little humans think that this certain frequency of electromagnetic energy is making sound, when actually it is not making any more sound than a your refrigerator light when you open the door.

Our ears hear sound and our eyes see light but they are both just photons when we can neither see nor hear, they are just vibrating at a different frequency, which our human brain thinks is either sound or light.

Can you hear light? See sound?
It is all arbitrary really, if you think about it.

See, OK, radio and TV signals are also different forms of electromagnetic energy.
So if a radio station is broadcasting it's signal but there are no radios to detect that signal, then it will not make a sound either.

it works the same with trees falling in the woods, as well.

Post by Guest » 22.06.2007, 01:07

This thread is just EM pulses trying to delude my brain into thinking it is alive. :cry:

When God spoke to Moses, did God speak loudly or softly?

Post by Guest » 22.06.2007, 01:11

dbsuma wrote:
myth123456789 wrote:if a tree falls in the woods and nothings around to hear it, of cours it's going to make a sound its a huge tree falling over
When this electromagnetic energy goes into a ear, then that ear sends it to the brain, that just thinks it is sound. Without an ear to hear it no sound is really made.
Sound is not electromagnetic. It's a physical vibration of the air.

Post by Guest » 22.06.2007, 06:35

Arkenor wrote:
dbsuma wrote:
Sound is not electromagnetic. It's a physical vibration of the air.
Regardless my point still stands,
you still need an ear to hear it.

From Wikipedia:
"Sound is a disturbance of mechanical energy that propagates through matter as a wave. Sound is characterized by the properties of waves, which are frequency, wavelength, period, amplitude, and speed.

Humans perceive sound by the sense of hearing. By sound, we commonly mean the vibrations that travel through air and are audible to people. However, scientists and engineers use a wider definition of sound that includes low and high frequency vibrations in air that cannot be heard by humans, and vibrations that travel through all forms of matter, gases, liquids, solids, and plasmas.

Humans can generally hear sounds with frequencies between 20 Hz and 20 kHz (the audio range)
Most human speech communication takes place between 200 and 8,000 Hz and the human ear is most sensitive to frequencies around 1000-3,500 Hz."

It is still a wave and can not be perceived till heard.

Post by Guest » 22.06.2007, 11:29

myth123456789 wrote: Our ears hear sound and our eyes see light but they are both just photons when we can neither see nor hear, they are just vibrating at a different frequency, which our human brain thinks is either sound or light.

relating to looking i just feel like throwing this out there.

The act of looking changes the values of what is being looked.(indian Philosophy) NOt sure wrote that but ill come edit it when i do

So when the thing is not being looked at. it has defferente values and different (forme*). Withought a eye it like this and with the eye its like this

*verbe of sense it does not actually change forme

Post by Guest » 23.06.2007, 00:08

ganman wrote:
myth123456789 wrote: Our ears hear sound and our eyes see light but they are both just photons when we can neither see nor hear, they are just vibrating at a different frequency, which our human brain thinks is either sound or light.

The act of looking changes the values of what is being looked.(indian Philosophy) NOt sure wrote that but ill come edit it when i do

So when the thing is not being looked at. it has defferente values and different (forme*). Withought a eye it like this and with the eye its like this

Yes, excellent,
Not just Indian philosophy, not even sure about that but Quantum physics as well.

There is a particle that has been found that does not appear to exist till observed and once it is observed it behaves as the observer expected it to behave.
Once the observer is changed, then so is the expectation then do does the behavior of this particle.

A++ for GanMan

Well I can't type a reference here cause I don't know what to put in the search engine, unless I dig out my copy of the Holographic Universe.

AH, here we go,
"The holographic Universe"
By Michael Talbot
Harper Collins 1991

Page 35

"An aspect of Quantum reality that Bohm found especially interesting was that strange state of interconnectedness that seemed to exist between apparently unrelated subatomic events. What was equally perplexing was that most physicists tended to attach little importance to the phenomenon. In fact, so little was made of it that one of the most famous examples of interconnectedness lay hidden in one of quantum physic's basic assuptions for a number of years before anyone noticed it was there.

That assumption was made by one fo the founding fathers of quantum physics, the Danish Physicist Niels Bohr. Bohr pointed out that if subatomic particles only come into existence in the presence of an observer, then it is also meaningless to speak of a particle's properties and characteristics as existing before they are observed.....
But if the act of observation actually helped create such properties, what did that imply about the future of science?"

Page 34

"Perhaps most astonishing of all is that there is compelling evidence that the only time quanta ever manifest as particles is when we are looking at them. for instance, when an electron isn't being looked at, experimental findings suggest that it is always a wave."

OH well, can't seem to find the exact thing I was looking for and I'm not going to read the whole book again just to post it.

Look up Niels Bohr and David Bohm

Post by Guest » 23.06.2007, 11:59

dbsuma wrote:
ganman wrote:

Yes, excellent,
Not just Indian philosophy, not even sure about that but Quantum physics as well.

There is a particle that has been found that does not appear to exist till observed and once it is observed it behaves as the observer expected it to behave.
Once the observer is changed, then so is the expectation then do does the behavior of this particle.

A++ for GanMan

Well I can't type a reference here cause I don't know what to put in the search engine, unless I dig out my copy of the Holographic Universe.

AH, here we go,
"The holographic Universe"
By Michael Talbot
Harper Collins 1991

Page 35

"An aspect of Quantum reality that Bohm found especially interesting was that strange state of interconnectedness that seemed to exist between apparently unrelated subatomic events. What was equally perplexing was that most physicists tended to attach little importance to the phenomenon. In fact, so little was made of it that one of the most famous examples of interconnectedness lay hidden in one of quantum physic's basic assuptions for a number of years before anyone noticed it was there.

That assumption was made by one fo the founding fathers of quantum physics, the Danish Physicist Niels Bohr. Bohr pointed out that if subatomic particles only come into existence in the presence of an observer, then it is also meaningless to speak of a particle's properties and characteristics as existing before they are observed.....
But if the act of observation actually helped create such properties, what did that imply about the future of science?"

Page 34

"Perhaps most astonishing of all is that there is compelling evidence that the only time quanta ever manifest as particles is when we are looking at them. for instance, when an electron isn't being looked at, experimental findings suggest that it is always a wave."

OH well, can't seem to find the exact thing I was looking for and I'm not going to read the whole book again just to post it.

Look up Niels Bohr and David Bohm
I love this type of stuf 8) I was aso reading a day or to ago, That the souned of one hand clapping can be listen to but its a such a low frequency that a dog is just outside the range to hear it! weired whe? so i think that answers the first question in a scientifique matter

Post by Guest » 31.05.2010, 10:07

how interesting