menu bar issue

Always add your player ID, your company name and the Realm you play in to your description. Describe the problem as detailed as possible!

Moderator: moderators

menu bar issue

Post by Guest » 01.09.2014, 11:12

I no longer seem to be able to play the game.
When i log in through internet explorer the graphics are wonky- there is a grey box that contains details of the other games, this blocks where I should be able to click on research, production,sales etc.
If i log in through firefox the graphics are straight, but the buttons for research, production, sales etc dont work. I can click on stats and stuff on the left but not the useful buttons

Duffhead
Support/Admin

Re: menu bar issue

Post by Duffhead » 02.09.2014, 07:04

Hello,

Have you tried clearing your browsers' caches? If that doesn't do the trick, do you have any browser addons or extensions that might interfere with the game? If you have any extensions installed, I recommend you deactivate them all and reactivate them one by one in order to see if that's where the problem's coming from.

Post by Guest » 03.09.2014, 16:26

Neither solutions work.
I can run the game on my phone but it doesnt seem compatible with my desktop browsers at work anymore. IE8 is the main one where i am getting this stupid grey bar blocking all the menus - I can't upgrade beyond that though at work.

Duffhead
Support/Admin

Post by Duffhead » 04.09.2014, 07:25

Ah, okay. Well, IE8 might be the problem, but I'm not sure whether we can fix that taking into account that IE8 is an outdated browser. Can you please post a screenshot here so I can send it to a programmer?

Post by Guest » 05.09.2014, 11:08

how do i add a screenshot in here?
I could email it?

Duffhead
Support/Admin

Post by Duffhead » 08.09.2014, 06:58

You can upload your image to any online image hoster such as imgur and then post it here using the [img] tags :)

Thank you very much in advance!

Duffhead
Support/Admin

Post by Duffhead » 09.09.2014, 07:13

Hm, that looks like the toolbar is the cause of the problem. I'm note sure we're able to fix that, IE8 is just too old. You could go up to your sysadmin and ask him for a browser upgrade, arguing that Microsoft will drop support for IE8 in a few months. I think the deadline for IE8's support end will be January 12, 2016, but in my opinion, it always has been an inferior browser. I've opened a ticket with our devs, but I'd have to say chances are slim that this particular issue is going to be fixed :(