PHISHING ALERT - URGENT - PLEASE READ.

What's going on in Kapilands?
This section is for all about the game itself.

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » 19.04.2007, 11:17

Yes, sounds like it. If you change it then the hacker have made you use a password chosen by him/her.

Post by Guest » 19.04.2007, 12:24

I have also recived messages from a compay 'KapiTeam '. Its been deleted but i think this whole probablem is becoming a real issue.

Firslty i feel the url needs to be changed. You should make it so that url is irrelevant and doesnt contain any information. Ie even if u give someone a url they wont be able to see the page unless they log in and the url doesnt give them any personal info. (This can and is done in other online games)

Secondly we need to stop bots create new companies (i assume they are bots) and like my suggestion for the forum there should be a tickbox asking if u are human (which needs to be checked to continue) that is added toi the procedure to make a company!

Im sure there are other ways to combat theses messages and stop them being sent in the first place, as reactive work such as warning us is not good enough in the long run.

Post by Guest » 19.04.2007, 16:07

I got that igm too still have it but didnt reply so if GMs want it just message me

Post by Guest » 23.04.2007, 16:49

think I'm 1 of a very few idiot who have replied the message... I've changed my password... is it save? can anyone tell me what to do next in terms to avoid my account to be hijacked?

Post by Guest » 23.04.2007, 17:07

You've got mail.

Regards AMI

Post by Guest » 23.04.2007, 17:22

Phoenix Oil wrote:I have also recived messages from a compay 'KapiTeam '. Its been deleted but i think this whole probablem is becoming a real issue.

Firslty i feel the url needs to be changed. You should make it so that url is irrelevant and doesnt contain any information. Ie even if u give someone a url they wont be able to see the page unless they log in and the url doesnt give them any personal info. (This can and is done in other online games)

Secondly we need to stop bots create new companies (i assume they are bots) and like my suggestion for the forum there should be a tickbox asking if u are human (which needs to be checked to continue) that is added toi the procedure to make a company!

Im sure there are other ways to combat theses messages and stop them being sent in the first place, as reactive work such as warning us is not good enough in the long run.
I think ^^ is falling on deaf ears :lol:

Post by Guest » 23.04.2007, 17:23

Message from sistem , 23.04.07 18:55

Subject congratulations
Congratulations! Your company has been chosen for one of the most business talented company in Kapilands (along with 10 other comanies)! But before we can send you your prize, you will have to do one thing.

First log off. Then log on again and look carefuly at the top of your web browser. Can you see the short word =&pass= in your web adress? Just copy everything behind that word.
After that go and send me a message and paste me what you have just copied.
It is extremly important that you copy everything right after you log on, before doing anything else.
Then we will send you your prize!
Thank you!

Post by Guest » 23.04.2007, 17:27

Escaton wrote:Message from sistem , 23.04.07 18:55

Subject congratulations
Congratulations! Your company has been chosen for one of the most business talented company in Kapilands (along with 10 other comanies)! But before we can send you your prize, you will have to do one thing.

First log off. Then log on again and look carefuly at the top of your web browser. Can you see the short word =&pass= in your web adress? Just copy everything behind that word.
After that go and send me a message and paste me what you have just copied.
It is extremly important that you copy everything right after you log on, before doing anything else.
Then we will send you your prize!
Thank you!
I reported this 5mins ago :)

Post by Guest » 23.04.2007, 17:48

yeah i think a checkbox would be good...or even have a letterbox that ppl have to type. ive seen that done and its effective. Also it would discourage massing of messages. But eh...hey...send me ur url to win a prize. Go ahead jake...you want to...

Post by Guest » 23.04.2007, 18:19

i lost my account tonight!

[censored] hackers

Post by Guest » 23.04.2007, 18:53

Not really hacking. More like meeting a stranger in a dark alley. He aproches and ask for your creditcard nbr. Being in a very trustfull mood you think that he might have troube using it without proper ID so you give him your pasport aswell :?

Edit: Not ment as saying you deserved what happend. I sincerly hope the mods can restore your assets but lesson well learned by us all. The warning of not copy any ingame url must be taken seriously as the gamedata may not be restored at all. Just imaginie the same scenario a year from now, loosing an account it took months of work to create :cry:

Post by Guest » 23.04.2007, 21:42

yes...if you play many online games, its common sense that you dont send out ur info....the game does not need it to distribute prizes.

Imagine losing an account you spent money on, for coins and supporting....that would REALLY suck...Live and learn and hope the lesson wasnt too costly...

Post by Guest » 23.04.2007, 22:50

I am sorry supermujeres, I hope you get your account back too. :( I am glad I have been reading about this to learn from your guy's mistakes.

Post by Guest » 25.04.2007, 21:22

i recover my account tanks at the moderators!! .. thanks tycoon.. thanks at all..

never more happens this... i learn :)

Post by Guest » 25.04.2007, 22:42

That is good to hear!