Rudeness

Here you can find conversation partners. Maybe they can even help you create a new banner or solve any other problems.

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » 09.08.2010, 15:09

I don't like ending my messages with 'kind regards' or something like that...
It's only a game :)

Post by Guest » 10.08.2010, 06:52

sjohie wrote:For me, it depends on the kind of message they send. Sometimes it's just 1 line which says, "I want to buy your xxxxxxx for yyy", without a salutation or decent title. :? Sometimes I ignore those, depending on how busy I am.
This sounds a lot like W5 to me (W6 might be similar)... :lol:

If I should rush through my company I try to reply (if there are any mails), but if I am too rushy I do sometimes forget my good education and forget things like "Regards" and stuff... :oops:

Dopamin

Post by Guest » 10.08.2010, 08:15

As far as I'm concerned, there's no harm in forgetting... it's remembering and not bothering that provokes threads like this. lolz

On the other hand, I've never become knighted, I've never been called Lord BogeyBoy, Sir Hero, or anything else... So why everyone 'has to' be polite to me is still an unanswered question. :wink:

Post by Guest » 10.08.2010, 08:40

bogeyboy corp wrote:As far as I'm concerned, there's no harm in forgetting... it's remembering and not bothering that provokes threads like this. lolz

On the other hand, I've never become knighted, I've never been called Lord BogeyBoy, Sir Hero, or anything else... So why everyone 'has to' be polite to me is still an unanswered question. :wink:
Your wish is my command Sir BogeyBoy 8)

Just joking :P

Well it doesn't harm anyone so state "Hi", "Hello" or some like that, does it? It does not really need to be "To whom it may concern," or "Sirs" (the last one especially not when writing to a female player)...

Dopamin

Post by Guest » 10.08.2010, 08:45

I dunno... I've met a few girls in my time that should be called Sir... but that's a story for another time.

It doesn't hurt to say hi, you're quite right. Let's hope the players that don't bother with politeness, never need our help. I'd love to see the message for that.

'help. need money.'
:wink:

Post by Guest » 10.08.2010, 11:25

Kapiskript makes me polite on every message :D , though sometimes i forget and add hi any way so my message starts

Hi,
Hi,

Post by Guest » 10.08.2010, 17:02

Now that's cheating.
You're not really nice. :roll:

Post by Guest » 11.08.2010, 06:14

Dopamin wrote:Well it doesn't harm anyone so state "Hi", "Hello" or some like that, does it? It does not really need to be "To whom it may concern," or "Sirs" (the last one especially not when writing to a female player)...

Dopamin
If I'm not mistaken, 'Ser' is old english and works for both male and females (heard it in Dragon Age: Origins and thought it was a bug.)

I personally can be without 'kind regards'. It feels like suckup to me. No, a 'hello' or 'hi' works for me, along with a simple '/NAME' at the end.

'Sir' or 'madam' only works in Kapi-Regnum. :wink:

EDIT:
From wikipedia...
Ser: An honorific (equivalent to 'Sir') in Greg Bear's Eon novels, George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire novels and in the Dragon Age video game series by Bioware

Post by Guest » 11.08.2010, 10:51

ILIYYILI wrote:I don't like ending my messages with 'kind regards' or something like that...
It's only a game :)
I end most of my messages in some 'official' way for a company :P

Regards,
VerConMat Industries BV
#316018, R2, Germany.
KapiTimes Editor.

This is a business simulation game, so I'm simulating as a business ;)

Post by Guest » 25.08.2010, 21:22

i check all my messages straight away, its hard not to notice a number next to the phone when normally it is on 0.

yes, i get annoyed when people dont reply, when i started off i messaged alot of people looking for customers and i still do it when i want to sell buildings or buy buildings or other goods.

although most people, when they do reply, are very polite and friendly, unlike lots of other online stuff when if you try and be nice you just get lots of abuse back

Post by Guest » 04.09.2010, 06:49

Follow up question...

If you have bought something from someone on the market and they decide to add you to their address book and start sending contracts of that same product without asking, do you accept them?

This just happened to me. I will eventually need the product but not right now. But I am not in a mood to accept the (3) contracts mainly because I was never asked. It was just assumed I wanted the products.
Now I'm struggling with the decision of not sending an IGM letting this person know, cancel contracts or leaving the contracts for them to figure it all out on their own. It's a shame. It's a new player and I like helping newbies. But not this way. :evil:

Post by Guest » 04.09.2010, 12:39

Different....
Usually I see the opposite, I buy the same players goods of the market almost every day and yet they still dont tick that I would buy on contract...their 10%

Ive only had what your describing happen once, I just contacted them and worked out a deal since I was buying anyway.

U sure you dont have a old forum post or thing in your showcase, I still get the occasional one from that even a year on,
note to self>why haven't you changed that??

My 42c
Joel
Last edited by Guest on 05.09.2010, 06:19, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » 05.09.2010, 06:11

I am not a VIP so I can't add stuff to my showcase. I also have never put up a thread in this forum about buying this particular product.

I don't know. I just got a little bit irritated. I still haven't touched the contracts.

Post by Guest » 05.09.2010, 06:31

It could be someone that speaks very little english, whenever i've had contracts like that without a IGM first it's always tended to be someone that can barely respond to my IGM to ask why they keep sending contracts.

Post by Guest » 05.09.2010, 09:11

something in the vein of "me tarzan. me sell. to want you is?" :twisted: