WOOOOO!

This is our board section for topics that are not related to Kapilands. Please keep in mind: Avoid links to non-Kapilands-websites.

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » 23.07.2010, 21:21

I've had a single testdrive which was decent, I have to get used to the car a lot, still.

I should be getting the car in just over a week now. ;)

Post by Guest » 23.07.2010, 22:43

That's good! Glad to hear you're finally starting to get the grip on the art of driving :mrgreen: . I think I'm gonna be driving my car again tomorrow, just gotta go to the country side and pick it up from there. My parents took it when they left, couple of days ago. It's a good thing I don't need it all too often, since I don't need to drive to work. My home is my office, as well. :P

Anyway, I will start saving some cash to buy my own car as soon as possible. Until then, I'll have to share the current family car with my folks. :)

http://midwest187.hi5.com/friend/photos ... d=47423149

http://midwest187.hi5.com/friend/photos ... d=47423149

This is the one I'm talking about. :)

Post by Guest » 24.07.2010, 08:24

Nissan Sunny anyone? blimey..

ah well,

Nissan=Renault
Dacia = Renault

Importer is Louman & Parqui, use it on google to find the Supra

Post by Guest » 25.07.2010, 12:44

You're a fan of the old Datsun 1000? :P

Datsun 1000 is just another name for Nissan Sunny.

Post by Guest » 25.07.2010, 15:45

nah the latest, '90s model Sunny

anyway the Toyota should do fine..like all Toyota's

Post by Guest » 02.08.2010, 20:45

Yeah, all cars are good while are new.. and if it are built to last, of course. But still, I don't get it why would people wanna buy a 1 liter engine car.. Aren't it too small? Well, unless you're forced to drive through narrow streets and heavy traffic..

Post by Guest » 04.08.2010, 01:01

jan1666 wrote: Importer is Louman & Parqui, use it on google to find the Supra
It's louwman & Parqui :P
That's where my brother works ;)

He drove his Toyota Corolla to L&P for the last time this morning, and I drove the car back from L&P to the post office, and then home.
It's officially my car now. :)

My brother got a Toyota Auris Full Hybrid, he got it today, which is the official 'release' date of the Auris full hybrid as well.
it's in the showrooms starting today, he got his car outside of the showroom though, benefit of working for the main importer I guess. :)

Post by Guest » 05.08.2010, 15:37

Congrats for getting your own car, Vercon! :mrgreen: Hopefully, you'll get to drive it for as many years as possible, without any sort of incidents! ;)

Post by Guest » 05.08.2010, 16:13

ah yes louW, typo :oops:

How's the Auris? my dad wants i if it uses less fuel than his car right now (1:17)

Dont come with books, they lie

Post by Guest » 07.08.2010, 16:16

Get a Solenza, it does 47 miles per gallon :lol: ( Shameless advertising, I know )

Post by Guest » 07.08.2010, 16:52

I'm going to buy one of marxers' cabriolets :)

Post by Guest » 09.08.2010, 11:29

WallachianHoldingRomania wrote:Get a Solenza, it does 47 miles per gallon :lol: ( Shameless advertising, I know )
That car was never sold here in the Netherlands, but we do have the Logan, which as an estate isn't all that bad to look at. You get a lot of car for your euro with Dacia. :D

Post by Guest » 10.08.2010, 18:24

@sjohie: I didn't know that the Solenza model has never been sold to your country. Maybe, not many such vehicles were shipped to other places around the world. In Romania, you can see loads of them roaming the streets, a lot of people usually have a good opinion about these cars, myself included.

Logans aren't bad, either, I have to agree and I see it are selling like hot cakes ( in Russia, for example ). As you have mentioned, you do get quite a lot of bang for your buck when buying a Dacia. I'm not actually a die hard fan of this company ( neither a patriot ), but I have to admit they have managed to strike a little gold with models such as the Logan or even with the newer Duster. :P

Post by Guest » 11.08.2010, 11:04

jan1666 wrote:ah yes louW, typo :oops:

How's the Auris? my dad wants i if it uses less fuel than his car right now (1:17)

I didn't pay too much attention to the 1:-- figures but I do know that it gets a better average than 1:17 even at highway speeds.
And driving on battery alone (50km/h or slower), it showed an impressive 1:99 :lol:
The battery powered engine is helping the petrol engine often which keeps the fuel usage low.
Also, when you let go of the acceleration pedal completely, the petrol engine also cuts off immediately.
So there's no idle running time on the petrol engine.

Post by Guest » 09.10.2010, 16:32

VerConMat Industries BV wrote:
jan1666 wrote:ah yes louW, typo :oops:

I didn't pay too much attention to the 1:-- figures but I do know that it gets a better average than 1:17 even at highway speeds.
And driving on battery alone (50km/h or slower), it showed an impressive 1:99 :lol:
The battery powered engine is helping the petrol engine often which keeps the fuel usage low.
Also, when you let go of the acceleration pedal completely, the petrol engine also cuts off immediately.
So there's no idle running time on the petrol engine.
My brother isn't a very 'careful' driver when it comes to economics.
But he still averages around 1:19.5 :P
So it is better than your dads current car, and depending on his driving style that number could be even better.