New Interface Look!

Here you can find conversation partners. Maybe they can even help you create a new banner or solve any other problems.

Moderator: moderators

New Interface Look!

Post by Guest » 06.09.2007, 16:49

Hey Everyone..

Some of you might already know that www.kapitools.de has various GFX packages you can use for Kapilands, Ive been using them myself for a long time, but lately it has been a bit slow, so I thought I would upload all the gfx packages to my own webserver and get some more speed and it really helped, so if your in the same boat as me, goto

http://kapi.splashgame.org/

and find the interface you want, then in kapilands, goto your profile, and under GFX Package put the url for the package you want.

ie.
http://kapi.splashgame.org/gfx/metropolis/

And check out your new interface!

Have fun.

Post by Guest » 06.09.2007, 18:19

I've had a look at the "official" GFX package very shortly after I created my account, but it turned out it added a lot of german stuff in many icons and in the menus, plus an annoying bar everywhere reading "Geld Sheffeln - bauen - produzieren - handeln".
I was very happy when I found the extra packages on Kapitools, but it turned out they're all in german too =/ So, unless you're a german person playing on Realm1, they're of limited interest "as is" on the international version, and personally, I prefer the clean look of the interface without any packages.

My connection is fast enough to have everything show up immediately, so it's not a big deal, but if anyone ever makes an english version of these GFX, I'd still love them forever (and the Kapilands server probably too, because it would have way less piccies to daily upload to all us non-german natives :roll: )

As a side note, you seem to say you were using the packages directly linked from the kapitools website. I thought the point of the GFX packages was precisely not to download it from anywhere, and run it locally on your computer ? Certainly, direct linking must be bad and straining not only for the server you're direct linking from, but also for yourself, since you take longer to load the pages, no ?

Post by Guest » 06.09.2007, 18:41

Well it's an answer to a different question. Sure, if you have a slow connection then having the images on your computer already will save time over downloading from anywhere. However, splitting the loading over to a graphical server could be beneficial if it gets lets traffic than kapilands.com itself does.

Another benefit of this is that we've had threads discussing the difficulty of getting certain browsers to recognize the images when stored locally. (As a rule, a good browser should at least be nervous when a remote webpage is making reference to things on your local machine.) However, switching from one remotely stored graphic to another should be easy to do in any brower.

Pity the German issue, but I suppose if someone were to volunteer their services to kapitools they wouldn't mind a translation.

Post by Guest » 08.09.2007, 07:43

i tried using kapitools but none of what i was trying to goto was in english.

only a few things are in English...