player oppertunities

Here you can find conversation partners. Maybe they can even help you create a new banner or solve any other problems.

Moderator: moderators

player oppertunities

Post by Guest » 25.03.2007, 08:37

I've been looking into the game stats for those of you who would like to know what you should expand into.

It seems most people are starting with farming and selling food, since they are the cheapest to build.
The food has the highest volume but also the lowest price.

But for larger profits, I've noticed that Leather jackets has a supply/demand of 8,177/34,234, which means that there are a lot of players selling leather jackets, also means a lot of players likely to buy leather jackets.

While there are many Grocery stores and a variety of factories and farms to feed them, there are over 1000 textile stores, while the textile factories often require many processes and time to complete those goods, as opposed to pears which can be sold immediately.
So this would create a great demand on the market for those goods and component materials, such as leather, wool, fabric and cotton.
For those wishing to manufacture goods solely to sell on the market.

Also for those looking for a idea,
Toy factories and toy stores/Drugstores are the lowest in the game,
Meaning there will always be a customer demand if you wish to sell them in your own stores, meaning less player competition for that market.

As an example, right now there are 36,694 apples in stores but only 4 toys.
There are 14962 grocery stores but only 525 toy stores and 490 drug stores.
Granted this means there will be fewer players who wish to buy your goods if you post them in the market but more customer demand if you sell them in your stores.

Also I'd like to add that I don't think that most player will notice that you can also sell;
Bottled cocoa
Coffee powder
Candy bars
Breads
Biscuits
Flour
Sugar
Candy
Cocoa powder in the grocery stores besides just apples and oranges.

I don

Thanks!

Post by Guest » 28.03.2007, 11:03

Nice Guidelines...?! Heheh! I learned quite a few new things here! Thanks!

Datep

Post by Datep » 10.04.2007, 05:23

deleted

Post by Guest » 14.04.2007, 03:22

First off, wtf datep. wtf. i hope they ban you.
Secondly,
I'm running a coal/power/water buissness.. i don't know what kind of profits your making on selling all that stuff, but coal for me, if you can produce yourself the power and water, nets me a 1700% profit... no kidding. you don't see it in the little supply and demand page cause it's the actual players that are demanding it. coal is used for steel, and every company out there needs steel to expand, thus steel is in great demand, and thus coal is in great demand.

EDIT: Holy! after figureing the cost to make cotton, i found out that right now it's selling at a %5900 profit!!!! if your new make cotton!

Post by Guest » 15.04.2007, 07:14

yeah, that kind of screwed my idea, they had a cotton contest, so the cost shot threw the roof.
So that caused a rise in the wool prices, so I'm gonna have to go to making gloves but still.

Yeah, dunno, you are right, I try to make all my own stuff.
The price of power was killing me and I'm pissing money since I bought my power plant.
But if you don't wanna wait for the plantation to grow those goods for your textile mills to make those products, then you will still make profit.
Profit is profit.

I make my own wool and cotton but still buy cause my farms can't keep pace with the factories, since I have 2 textile mills and one cattle rance and two plantations. they have to grow other stuff besides just goods for my textile mills.

You have to first grow the seeds to get the corn to raise the wool, which takes too much time.

I'd rather make less money now than have my factories set idle, making no money.

besides, if everybody stopped buying from the market you'd make no money from your power, coal and water, right?

Post by Guest » 15.06.2007, 09:14

Supply and Demand...

what can be said... hmm...

Its all based on if people work with other players or just buy from random market sales for their wanted items, as so "most" of us seasoned players know that its cheaper t go thru contracts, and most people do this so their is no need for the 10% taken from you for putting it in market.

i made 3 power plants with 2 employees each in congo, makes over 700k power every 24 hours, i only use about 120k power so the rest is profet, along with my 2 plantations, 1 butcher, 1 well with 3 employees 30m2, 1 factory, and 1 mine.

i control my own profets because i am capable of making everything i would normaly have to buy, so i save 100% in spent cash.
with what i make every 24 hours, which costs me less then 15,000caps daily i get back 200,000+ depending on the current prices which are in the market, so i make around 6,000+ profet margen per day off of myself.

my only expenses are new buildings, and product costs from my own production, i don't buy products from anyone unless im buying something i cant make.

but he has a point about Supply & Demand, but it also depends on current economics with players.

Post by Guest » 01.07.2007, 02:43

That's the way I tend to think as well, but there are those who argue that building slots play a part as well, and argue that you can make greater profits by building the final production building and buying other profits, meaning you have more slots dedicated to solid selling products and immediate profits.

This also makes sense- it's more the way you want to play the game than anything else. :D

Post by Guest » 12.07.2007, 06:49

I have made of the following form: I produce my merchandises, storage and wait, as soon as the price react and happen scarcity seeing in the market, for example. I stored 10,000 flour, with a normal price of 15 dollars, sell the 175 dollars