How to understand the stats chart?

Here is enough space for all players to ask questions about the game.

Moderator: moderators

How to understand the stats chart?

Post by Guest » 12.10.2012, 17:59

Can someone explain to me how to understand the Stats chart? I've been playing for 4 years now and still haven't figured it out or bothered to even try. I am going into retail in both realms and changing out of production, so I need to know how to understand this.

S-
Int Plastics

Re: How to understand the stats chart?

Post by Guest » 21.10.2012, 18:26

Please help.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 22.10.2012, 07:37

Hi jegsmoto,

what exactly about the stats-chart is causing you difficulties? If you could tell us what questions you have exactly, it'd be much easier to answer your question. Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » 23.10.2012, 00:24

pearlbay wrote:Hi jegsmoto,

what exactly about the stats-chart is causing you difficulties? If you could tell us what questions you have exactly, it'd be much easier to answer your question. Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Best regards,

pearlbay

It's everything about the stats that I don't understand, how to read them and tell prices of everything and what Q's are good.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 23.10.2012, 06:15

Hi jegsmoto,

well, erm, in general statistics are quite self-explanatory, and show each company's ranking in regard to the specific area the stars cover. Obviously if you are on place one in the field of "Top Quality", then you have reached the highest quality of research in a certain field. The stats don't differentiate here, they simply say "X has got the highest quality researched to date" - no matter which product that person has researched.

"Cash" will of course show you all companies listed according to the amount of money the currently own, etc. Kapilands being an economy simulation, most players will of course be interested in seeing the status of others. What's "good", I think, very much depends on your own personal angle of playing. What do you want to reach in Kapilands? Do you want to become the richest player ever? Then obviously you'd be interested in being top of the rankings in cash. Is it points your interested in? Then you'd want to make sure you reach the highest score. Is it status you're interested in? In that case you'd want to focus on status buildings and acquiring status symbols. The statistics only capture numbers - it's you yourself as player who'll attach significance to them based on your own aims. Now since I don't know those, I'd be hard put to tell you that this and that is good - and I think the same would go for most of your fellow players. You'd most likely get differing answers from most players, based on their own personal strategies, I imagine.

Of course, if you're just in it for the fun of trading and getting in touch with other players, then you can also disregard the stats entirely and go about your daily business and playing as you like it.

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » 23.10.2012, 11:50

I'm guessing you actually mean the sales statistics? Supply/demand, prices/quality for retailing. The problem is numerous posts have been made on the forum over the years and it would take some time to collate everything to give a detailed post that would fully explain them to you. Due to you not being bothered doing it yourself it may be time to get bothered and search for the information yourself. :D There is no simple post explaining it to link to and it will just take you some time which will be time well spent if you are wanting to retail seriously.

In general though your products will sell better over the avg Q,
Selling too cheaply drops stats price and affects all retailers sales times (and slows your own too)
Each item has a 'price cap' over which sales times slow down but on some products its better to sell way over the price cap still, some caps are noticeable as the stats price will never go over this total.
The stats change daily.
The best advice is just try filling racks and testing sales times to see how a lower avg price/Q affects the sales times so you know when the best time is to refill.

Post by Guest » 01.11.2012, 10:57

NYK wrote:Due to you not being bothered doing it yourself it may be time to get bothered and search for the information yourself.
I like this. There's nothing more satisfactory than find the results for oneself.

Personally, I find the stat page rather self explanatory for the most part. I've been playing for roughly 4 years (I think) and have never had issues with the page. It shows the average sales of each product in each country, the average quality of that product and the average amount of sales. What more do you need?
The only thing it doesn't reveal is when the numbers update. I'd like to know that.

But I can't for the life of me figure out why coffee ice cream have the amount of average sales in R2 Oman if I'm the only one selling. I can usually tell by looking at the average quality (I retail 4 different products). So far it has followed the quality I sell yet the total average sales are triple my sales. When I stop selling due to expansion, the stats shows a decline in both sales and price but not quality. If there were more retailers these stats should adjust to their selling stats. It's just odd.

Speaking of this chart. Why does the average sales decline by half each day if no one is selling? Again, I can tell because I retail in countries no "normal" player retails (Go sausages in the middle east!!! :lol: ).

Post by Guest » 01.11.2012, 22:04

Andro, I've always had a funny feeling the stats are averaged over a way longer period of time than expected. Nobody sells "1" of anything however stats always have at least one. The only thing I can think of is stats can never go to 0 again due to there always being sales at some point over the average period so stats must have not been reset in a long time. (If that makes sense) it's just how long is the average period? :?

Post by Guest » 05.11.2012, 08:56

I understand what you mean.
Or perhaps the developers made sure that the lowest stat is that 1 sale even though there are no people selling the product. I'm just guessing.