Question on if buying low on the market is cheating...

Here is enough space for all players to ask questions about the game.

Moderator: moderators

Question on if buying low on the market is cheating...

Post by Guest » 14.08.2012, 13:02

Hi

Sorry if I missed this being answered somewhere else, I haven't used the forum in a few years.

Earlier today, I saw wood being sold at a stupidly low price on the market...And I mean in the 20s...

Because I am going to expand soon, I had the urge to buy it before no-one else did, as I regularly look in the market for q0 wood under 75c. Therefore, without thinking much, I took 3 million of it.

Is this considered cheating? Is my account in any danger?

Thanks
The Insignificant

Re: Question on if buying low on the market is cheating...

Post by Guest » 14.08.2012, 19:06

Its always best to stick around 10% of market price. You won't get an answer with a definative 'x' is legal price and 'y' isn't. From experience though the price you mentioned should really be avoided and i wouldn't recommend purchasing at such low prices compared to usual market again.

Post by Guest » 15.08.2012, 10:02

Similar with advertisements. But there is very high price to Q74 advertisements. Maybe it is because of lack of advertisements. But I have bought enough for my all stores, so no need of any more.

Post by Guest » 18.08.2012, 21:28

Thanks for the answers guys, I suppose that confirms what I thought.

Post by Guest » 01.11.2012, 11:23

I agree that wood for ¢20 is absurd. There's absolutely no reason to go that low. But for most other products I feel like the rule of not selling "too low" is equally absurd (of course, depends on what "low" is). Some products have greatly inflated prices and this rule could very well hinder fluctuation based on supply and demand. Not to mention the "avoid increasing level by spending tons of money to keep the current production rate". This could give a false sense of demand because players would rather pay for overpriced products to get rid of money than level too fast.

But that's a sort of side topic.

Post by Guest » 02.11.2012, 19:43

I think the only explanation is I accidentally intercepted a person swapping wood between two different accounts. And yes, there are hardly any decent offers on the market for anything...