Questions for Newbies

Here is enough space for all players to ask questions about the game.

Moderator: moderators

Questions for Newbies

Post by Guest » 21.05.2011, 22:22

Hello, am relatively new to Kapilands, and would like to ask some questions. (Apology if there was post similar; but to my best ability I had been double searching the post or I just did not understand).

If I would like to produce Coffee Powder (my goal):

1. Do I need to build both Research Centre? Such as Cattle & Plantation RC and Food RC?

2. I don't quite get it, what does it mean by Quality in Production? Like I can assign anyway I like in input. What is difference between this quality in production stuffs and quality in Research Centre?

3. Also, would you mind giving me some suggestions; whether to have two Plantation and one Food Factory or one Plantation and one Food Factory?
I had been trying before reset; that I need to make Seed first then Coffee Beans; do you think it's better buying the seed from the market?

Thanks and really appreciate for the constructive responses =)
Nice to meet you!

P.S.: I will add more questions here if I have.

Post by Guest » 21.05.2011, 23:11

it is normally more profitable to buy the seeds and use the plantation for other things, also personally i dont have a production line unless the prices are way too much for the raw resources

Post by Guest » 22.05.2011, 00:08

Question 2:

What comes out at the end is the result of what you put in, plus what level you have researched to for the item you are producing, divided by how many items you put in eg:

To make coffee powder you need coffee beans and power.

Power is always Q0 but you can get higher Q coffee beans. So say you get Q10 coffee beans and you've researched quality level 20 coffee powder.

0 (power)+10 (coffee beans) +20 (coffee powder research)= 30

You then divide the 30 by the amount of things you added together, eg in this case we have 3 (Power, coffee beans and coffee powder research). so 30/3=10
Therefore Q10 coffee powder would come out at the end! :)

Question 1:

Only build them if you produce the things you need and you want to research them, but as dudzdude says, buying off the market can sometimes be cheaper and easier. If you buy Q10 coffee beans off the market, but don't have a coffee beans research that won't effect the quality of the beans when going towards making the coffee powder :)

Question 3:

Buying the seed is usually a smart idea in my opinion, but you'll have to work it out mathematically yourself- I'm not well versed in Coffee Powder making! :P

Post by Guest » 22.05.2011, 05:53

Thanks for the input guys, let me re-clarify this:

Question 1:
...but don't have a coffee beans research that won't effect the quality of the beans when going towards making the coffee powder...
So what you're saying that if I buy Q11 Beans; it will be calculated in Coffee Powder as:-
0 (Power) + 11 (Coffee Beans) + 20 (Coffee Powder Research) = 31
31/3 = ~10 ? Am right?

Question 2:
So, what is meant by what it said in game I can input Quality lower and equal to the average of quality right? For an example that you gave me. I can input between 0 - 10 and can never be above the average quality; which is 10 for this example, is this right?

Another question which am not really sure is:
4. If someone sell powder for let's say 10 caps in Grocery Store and I sell for an example 12 caps ea. Will NPC customer take into consideration buying competitor one instead mine? Or it doesn't affect at all?

5. About Average Prices and Qualities in Stats. Is this based on Market or Grocery Store and/or other stores? Is the price for single individual items or the total amount/quantity for that price?

6. I don't know if you are aware of this:- but I read the forum that for beginner, we should sell raw material such as power, water, stone, etc. Then I see in the market place someone put up the stock like billion (or I have seen it wrong). Wouldn't it be discourage some new players to sell the raw materials? :S Or is it like this game changing towards something that now new players no need to sell raw materials; but instead straight away produce whatever they want and research since the billion stocks of raw materials exist? :S

Thanks once again for clearing this up :D I appreciate it.
Edit: I added q. 6 as I would like ask and discuss. Cheers.

Post by Guest » 23.05.2011, 06:46

Sorry I'm busy at the moment, I'll come back later and answer the rest but for now:

Question 1/2- If you have coffee beans Q9 and a coffee powder research of 0 then 0+0+9/3=3 So you would make Quality 3 coffee powder.

And the "quality setting" applies only to the coffee powder setting. So if you have Q30 coffee powder research and Q10 coffee beans, usually this would be 40/3= Q13 coffee powder.

But if you edit the quality setting in your building from whatever it is to 20 then it'll do 20+10/3=Q10.

You could even put this on 0 and get 0+0+10/3=Q3!