Beginner Help.

Here is enough space for all players to ask questions about the game.

Moderator: moderators

Beginner Help.

Post by Guest » 09.08.2010, 01:40

I am brand new to this game and have decided to seek help from more experienced players.I have a couple of main questions but any tips are accepted.

1. What buildings should I first make? And how many employee's for them?

2. What product as a raw material is good to make?

3.Last but not least:Should I sell products below or above the lowest market price? If so By how much??

Thank you for reading. Though I would like those 3 questions to be answered ANY tips are greatly appreciated.

Post by Guest » 09.08.2010, 01:52

Welcome to Kapilands. :)

1. Since raw materials are the best thing for starters: mines, wells, or powerplants would be a good bet.

2. Stones are very profitable for starters, along with power and water, I prefer stones personally.

3. Most people tend to sell slightly below the cheapest offer (even 1 cent under it) to ensure that they're the first ones to sell their product.
if other peoples' products are cheaper than yours, they would sell out first.

Buildings should always have their full amount of employees, this ensures a faster production than if you had less employees.

Post by Guest » 09.08.2010, 02:26

Employees are simply the size of the building divided by 10
The bigger the build the more employees the faster you produce items

There are two ways to increase your profit margin, one is to expand the builds (or build more) or to increase the Q (Quality) of the product. The higher the Q the better the price you can get. You increase the Q via research centers which you can also build. This means that low Q products are usually very low profit, raw materials however can only ever be Q0.

These are power, water, stones. The profit on these items is quite high for no research, higher than most other Q0 items. This makes them ideal for new players to produce.
H

Post by Guest » 09.08.2010, 06:25

My suggestions are:

* Start with raw material, whichever you prefer.
* Don't expand buildings in the beginning. Fill up most of your building slots first. Keep them fully employed. That's 2 for a 20m2 building.
* Read about pricing to avoid making the usual beginner mistakes. We've all done them.
* Ignore Horizon's comment about quality. Quality is only wanted once you start producing things that is not raw material. As an extreme beginner you shouldn't bother with that just yet.

Post by Guest » 09.08.2010, 07:50

err, thats what I said....

Post by Guest » 09.08.2010, 09:13

No, you started explaining a little about how quality works and why it's good to have. That to me gives the impression you think research is something to deal with at an early stage. I disagree with this. It's not ideal at all, in my opinion.

As for the rest... it gave me the feel you were thinking way ahead of things instead of focusing on the initial encounter of the game where we all started. Sure, it's good to plan/think ahead but as a newly started business it will take a few weeks to get a steady income that allows for buying more buildings and keeping up production.

Post by Guest » 09.08.2010, 09:34

Here's my idea.
While raw materials give good profits to newer players they offer little challenge in the game.
Be thinking now what business you would like to be in and when you have decided build the buildings needed for that product.

For example:
You might decide to make jewelry so you would build mines to make stone now and then switch to gold/silver/diamond production later.

or you might decide to make gas in which case you would concentrate on building wells that can produce water now and oil later.

When selling anything other than raw materials Quality is important ( in most cases ) and takes time to achieve. As soon as you have decided what business you are going into buy research centres and start increasing the quality of the product you want to produce.

Re: Beginner Help.

Post by Guest » 09.08.2010, 17:08

klax wrote:...
1. What buildings should I first make? And how many employee's for them?
2. What product as a raw material is good to make?
3.Last but not least:Should I sell products below or above the lowest market price? If so By how much??
1. plantations with maximum employees (build 20 sqm buildings only at start),
2. cotton (if you want raw material only then wood),
3. little under market price until you can make big amount of product then you can sell by contracts for better price.

Then build textile factories and produce textiles from your cotton.
At start not need research at all. Just produce quality 0 products.
When you reach 57-59 buildings, then start expanding.
When your buildings are 500 sqm, buy or build Chemical Research Center, expand and research textiles.

Post by Guest » 09.08.2010, 20:37

I started out with stones. They seem to be a consistently profitable beginner's product in the game.

Post by Guest » 10.08.2010, 11:10

Only problem with stones is the cap on price, one of the easiest sellers though.

I agree with Celtne, plantations/textile factories you just can't really go wrong with that for starting, you would need 3x 20m2 plantations to each 20m2 textile factory,

Not sure which realm you are playing on but on R1 profits are huge on cotton/textiles and the price is slowly rising on R2 once your building slots are full and you can't produce enough cotton to keep up just find a decent supplier for cotton and change over to more textile factories.

Post by Guest » 19.08.2010, 22:54

power is good at the start, it requires no products to make and only costs 0.03 in red. you can then sell for 0.27 on the market and will sell reasonably fast because people will prefer to buy from a player than the game, or sell for 0.26 so its cheaper than the game. try and find a customer and sell to him for 0.24 (0.25 if you sell on market for 0.27) or more, you will make more money at this price because of no tax

Post by Guest » 25.09.2010, 09:06

And my point of view..
start with stones the best money for beginners.. build 40 mines and then collect some cash for the contest. if you are lucky it will be a q3--- contest as usual.. build 20 buildings for contest and expand them little the first 4-5 days.. then make the product and sell it... when contest ends wait 2-3 days in case the new product is from the same building then sell them back to the system and again do this... in the while expand your mines....
you can keep doing it to raise cash and through the buildings fro the contest you will be familiar by the most cicles from the product and you choose the one that best fits to your time and personality..