Car Production - Quality

Here is enough space for all players to ask questions about the game.

Moderator: moderators

Car Production - Quality

Post by Guest » 19.07.2010, 18:53

hi all
what would be the minimum quality of car (etc.) to produce to sell in stores ?
want to make a reasonable profit, but i don't think i have the quality high enough yet.
ta
[edit]
sorry, should have said to fill and sell in one day with full adverts

Post by Guest » 19.07.2010, 21:29

There's only a few car producers post on the forum so the reply you want may take a while, but i think filling and selling in a day would be a very bad idea and very unprofitable, i can't imagine cars would be one of the fastest selling retail products and i can't think of a single retail product that should ever be sold out in 24hrs.

Post by Guest » 19.07.2010, 22:49

I am not perfectly sure as I have never been in the cars-business on my own.
But due to contacts with business partners of mine who know the car-business and due to my personal calculations (way down in the past, so it might be different today) this is what I can tell you:

You need at least a car/cabriolet/motorbike in nearly the quality of the stats.
Additionally you need of course a store full of advertisments.
Then you can propably sell one car/etc. per ~150 sqm per day.

So the cyclus of sales for cars/etc. is veeery long. I doubt anybody who is seriously in the business sells below 300 hours per cyclus. And do not visit the stores in the meantime!

Post by Guest » 20.07.2010, 02:56

Speaking for myself, I am producing Q40 cars, and it takes me around 560 hours to sell 6.000 cars at the price of 450.000,00 each (it costs me to produce around 280.000,00)

Post by Guest » 20.07.2010, 08:59

If I was you I just wouldn't bother with cars unless you have billions of caps like RVF. Too risky, one false move and you've lost a lot of cash.

@Goldeneye

Can you delete one of those please? It seems strange the way you've posted the exact same thing twice. :wink: :oops:

Post by Guest » 20.07.2010, 09:51

GoldenEye wrote:And do not visit the stores in the meantime!
sorry for being thick, but why ?

Post by Guest » 20.07.2010, 10:29

because I think it makes it take longer to sell if you do.

Post by Guest » 20.07.2010, 12:02

m0pdq, don't worry. ;) Your question is easily answered.
Visiting your store during a sale does of course not affect the sales-time of the unfinished sale.

It has to do with the stats.
Once you put your products (let's talk about cars as an example, but it works for all products) into your store, you should not visit it again until the sale is over. It would affect the stats and would (unnecessarily) raise the supply.
The system/idea is that you put in many cars and wait until the sale is over. In the meantime the supply in the stats shrinks, but the demand gets less affected. When you start a new sale you have got a better relation of supply and demand. Due to the sale-price (you need to set it higher to sell for a long time) also the stats-price will raise in the meantime.
But if you visit the store during the running sale this will count into the stats (raise of supply), your sold cars will be added to the stats and the system (s. above) will be influenced.
Hopefully this is not too confusing. :)

@ Euanind: It was a pleasure to remove one of the postings in question. ;)
Yet it is interesting to see that you seem not to worry about your own postings (and their relationship to the rules) as much as about an obvious and harmless double-posting that had its reason in an "accident" (clicking too fast for the server).
Please care a little bit more about your own business/postings and less about others'.

Post by Guest » 20.07.2010, 12:27

A slightly related question.

What would be the best way to raise the average price of an item ?

Is it better to fill your rack with a high selling price then leave them to sell or are you better visiting daily and restocking with the same high price.

Or is there another way ?

I'm not talking about jewelry in this instance.

Post by Guest » 20.07.2010, 14:44

I would say to just put the price up a few caps every time you sell.

Post by Guest » 20.07.2010, 17:17

@ podge: From my knowledge it is better to follow the "system" decribed above.
So set a high price (and also huge amount) in your store and let it sell. :)

Post by Guest » 20.07.2010, 21:44

Just out of interest as there's quite a few topics on retail at the minute, does anyone else visit their stores when the supply stats is really low and reset the price instore? (just click on the price edit then click ok on the exact same price without changing anything) as sometimes if supply was medium/high when you first filled your store this can make a huge difference to sales times, is this recommended?

I can't see that much downside to selling for the same price for a lot faster, obviously this is retailing products that take 400+hrs for a full rack but i've easily knocked 100+hrs off the sales time doing this, or would this be a good time to price edit and increase price instead? being in mind also this is jackets where stat prices tend to be maxed on R2 90% of the time.

Post by Guest » 20.07.2010, 22:00

Well, on my side the only adjustment to prices that I make is to make my selling cycle = to production cycle, considereing that I have one car factory for 6 car dealers, one jewels factory for 12 jewelers, and at this moment I am working on a basis of 168 hours cycle production.

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 02:07

I sell and make cars and cabriolets. profit wise Cabriolets are better the most you can sell a product in the car dealership is 999.999.00. I have 13 maxed out dealerships I sell 30 cars every 48 hours for around 900000. Mainly because well I bought them on the market and I am in no hurry to sell them because well my car factories are still in expansion. When they come out I will be selling roughly 130 cabriolets everyday in each dealer as I produce them. I am selling Q48 cabriolets in my stores presently. I make everything to produce the cabriolets and make more profit making lower Quality cabriolets. I would think it all in how fast u can produce and how fast you want to sell what make. Personally I just want to sell what I can make every 24 hours. :D

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 07:03

@ psychozen: You make everything on your own? Isn't there anything that you buy via contracts/from the market?
Wow... this is... brave. :D

I always thought "out-sourcing" some parts (like water/power and steel, maybe textiles) would be somehow necessary to increase your profits. You could produce more cabriolets/cars and sell them in your stores at a little bit lower price but in the end you get a higher profit margin then.
Is there a reason why you produce all your own materials that we are allowed to know? :)