What is the best thing to sell in a France Grocery Store?

Here is enough space for all players to ask questions about the game.

Moderator: moderators

What is the best thing to sell in a France Grocery Store?

Post by Guest » 18.03.2010, 18:30

As the topic says.

I just bought an 8000m France Grocery Store.

Re: What is the best thing to sell in a France Grocery Store

Post by Guest » 18.03.2010, 20:37

Only one question remains:
jegsmoto wrote:I just bought an 8000m France Grocery Store.
Why did you do that?! ;)

Unfortunately the groceries are not profitable. It is a nice and cute industry but you cannot become rich with it in an adequate time. It is like small children selling their strawberries in the summer - it's simply cute but not that profitable.
There are several different businesses that bring you some good income - but the grocieries won't, sorry.

Yet you want to get an answer to your question and here it is: That depends on the stats (supply/demand (that need to be in a good relation, stats-price and the stats-quality which is important for the quality of your products).
Additionally it also depends on the realm you are talking about. :D

Post by Guest » 18.03.2010, 21:42

I do not plan on becoming rich with selling stuff in groceries, I am using my gas production for that. I am just testing what I can do with retailing, I am wanting to go full retailing at some point with just retailing items like wardrobes, gas, electronics, and textile products. I am only experimenting with this.

Post by Guest » 19.03.2010, 09:27

No worries, it's completely your decision! :)
And it is good to see that there are people interested in leaving well known paths and trying to explore the rest of Kapilands. :D

I hope you can use the aspects I mentioned above for your calculations. :)
Although the realm would still be interesting. Do you want to produce the products or do you want to buy them?

Post by Guest » 19.03.2010, 14:16

Thank you for your support on the matter. I like seeing what potential every product has. When I go into full retailing I will only be buying the products, I want to have all 100 building slots full with stores.

Post by Guest » 19.03.2010, 16:18

The food market on Realm2 is far more explored than Realm 1. Coffee powder is good.

Post by Guest » 19.03.2010, 17:19

Just sell fruit, and anything BUT Sugar! :P

Sugar sells for about 20 caps each. :lol:

As well as that, you can change the store price for food REALLY fast. :wink:

So your profits will grow even if you don't change anything. :wink:

Post by Guest » 19.03.2010, 17:25

I can't experiment in realm2 with food because I am full wardrobes and furniture stores, not a single building slot open there.
I am going to try every item in the grocery store "except for sugar" to see how much the price difference is on all the food items.

Post by Guest » 23.03.2010, 10:43

Try selling chickens or beef.
Higher quality of both sells good in your shop.

EDIT: I see now you are in R1, dont know how market is there.

Post by Guest » 23.03.2010, 20:10

Thank you Sally, I will try them.

Post by Guest » 26.03.2010, 14:47

Don't touch the R2 sausage market (in yellow). That one is MINE! :twisted:

I read somewhere that retailing is mainly a supplement and "backup" for market sales. *shrugs* One thing is for sure though, you do not become rich with food.

Post by Guest » 26.03.2010, 16:52

Andro wrote: *shrugs* One thing is for sure though, you do not become rich with food.
However, it is very fun. :D

Post by Guest » 26.03.2010, 19:54

It is very fun to experiment. I don't plan on becoming rich from food. I rely on my gas production and retail for that part of my company.

Post by Guest » 26.03.2010, 20:49

Indeed, food is really bad, but that haven't stopped me from having a little potato business in R1 (2 plantations, 1 Grocer)(I do have wells which make water too, but they weren't planned as part of the potato business).

The numbers say that I make about 3m a day, which considered that I use a 20.000 and a 8.000 plantation, and a 20.000 grocery is extremely little. :P

Think I could make more with more potatoes, but they are not possible to but, and take forever to make, that's harder than I like. :(

Post by Guest » 27.03.2010, 06:16

sergiurocks506 wrote:
Andro wrote: *shrugs* One thing is for sure though, you do not become rich with food.
However, it is very fun. :D
Very true. My goal when I started on R2 was to not follow the paths of others. I wasn't sure what the most common path was but I knew it wasn't sausages - or cattle-breeding for that matter.