Building + Expansion

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

Building + Expansion

Post by Guest » 22.08.2007, 14:03

My sugestion is that on the building menu, you have 2 options:

- build a normal building (20m^2)

- build an expanded building without any time or resources change

Basically it's joinning the building and the expanding options in he build menu.

You can tell me that i can buy expanded buildings, yes i know... but if i produce all the raw materials and only have to pay the expansion price, it would save me time (the time between finish the build and start the expansion) and money.

Post by Guest » 22.08.2007, 14:12

I like it!

Post by Guest » 22.08.2007, 23:40

Call me weird, but I have this theory that the things you have to wait for give the most excitement. The extra coding required won't change the amount of waiting much therefore I think this suggestion goes with all the others in the Automation file.

I understand your suggestion but it doesn't really tickle my fancy. Did you call me weird yet? :evil:

Post by Guest » 23.08.2007, 07:44

Hi, i didn't called you weird, and i'm not gonna do it because i respect other's opinions.

So here's my defense:

In reality you can build the size you want. I don't think this is a step to automation, i think this step will lead to others saving money and time:

Let's supose that you are in a level below manager and you want a 70 sqm building, you produce the raw materials and you go out on weekend:

- why to wait until your return to expand the building?

- why buy a 70 sqm build to a manager (or higher level person) which you pay higher (you pay the raw materials at market price, this will lead to a 5x higher price) and takes the same amount of time to have it?

- why don't have the two options, build the 20sqm or build the size you want?

This is a little bit automation but not the kind of automation that lead the people out of the game as automatic production, sales and researches. This is a step that, in my opinion, will lead to faster progress of the newbies.

Allright, and what about using this sugestion for shops and R&D's and not for production buildings. Will you agree with that?

I hope to have exposed well my point of view. Sorry if my english is not good, i'm portuguese!!!!

I'll be waiting for an answer.

Tks for the reply.

Tycoon
Moderator off duty

Post by Tycoon » 23.08.2007, 11:55

johnny16084 wrote:
So here's my defense:

In reality you can build the size you want. I don't think this is a step to automation, i think this step will lead to others saving money and time:
but isn't saving time the same like automation? ;-)

Post by Guest » 23.08.2007, 12:35

yes, saving time is automation. but in this case, this little automation, i think its positive, cause this will not lead people out of the game, because they have lots of other things to do, like production, research, restock shops and send/sign contracts.

For me, negative automation in this game is what makes people log only to mantain the acount, things like: auto-restart production, automatic send/sign contracts, auto-restock shops and start next research when the current is finished.

Thanks for your opinion Tycoon. I hope to have more opinions here.

Post by Guest » 23.08.2007, 12:54

johnny16084 wrote:
Let's supose that you are in a level below manager and you want a 70 sqm building, you produce the raw materials and you go out on weekend:

- why to wait until your return to expand the building?

- why buy a 70 sqm build to a manager (or higher level person) which you pay higher (you pay the raw materials at market price, this will lead to a 5x higher price) and takes the same amount of time to have it?

- why don't have the two options, build the 20sqm or build the size you want?
OK, so, how about a compromise? There won't be a default building size of 20sqm, though maybe a minimum size of 20sqm.

As johnny16084 suggests, I'm going away for 2 or 3 days, and I'd like to have a brand new 200sqm building ready when I return. If I have the funds and raw materials, I can expand an existing 20sqm building by 180sqm, go away, and come back to a 200sqm building. Shouldn't I be able to do the same for a NEW building?

This way, there's no economic or time benefit to creating a large building from the beginning, except for not having to be around for the original building to be completed.

If this makes no sense, make believe I'm not awake yet. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it ;)

Tycoon
Moderator off duty

Post by Tycoon » 23.08.2007, 13:00

Merhouse wrote: As johnny16084 suggests, I'm going away for 2 or 3 days, and I'd like to have a brand new 200sqm building ready when I return. If I have the funds and raw materials, I can expand an existing 20sqm building by 180sqm, go away, and come back to a 200sqm building. Shouldn't I be able to do the same for a NEW building?
yes.. you've got a point here... let me discuss it internally...

Post by Guest » 23.08.2007, 13:04

johnny16084 wrote:This is a little bit automation but not the kind of automation that lead the people out of the game as automatic production, sales and researches. This is a step that, in my opinion, will lead to faster progress of the newbies.
I think this is a step that will lead newbies to a slower progress. New player should not expand their production buildings unless they reached the building limit, because the bigger your building is, the lower is the productivity of the building. So for newbies it
Last edited by Guest on 23.08.2007, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » 23.08.2007, 13:05

Thanks for the help Merhouse, i think you found the right words to explain what i'm trying to say.

Thanks also to Tycoon for taking the subject to internal discussion.

Tycoon
Moderator off duty

Post by Tycoon » 23.08.2007, 13:06

hmmm, yes, elwood is also right in my opinion...
so let us "collect" further opinions on this ;-)

Post by Guest » 23.08.2007, 13:20

I agree with elwood on this one, but this suggestion deserve to be implemented in my opinion. It true that the newbies would be slowed. So here is an option I think that would make this possible without "hurting" the newbies:

Make this option available to players at the small buisnessman or over. This way, with the time that the newbies would have to play to get to small buisnessman, they would probably know by then that 4 20sqm is better that 1 80sqm.

Post by Guest » 23.08.2007, 13:54

[quote="elwood74"]I think this is a step that will lead newbies to a slower progress. New player should not expand their production buildings unless they reached the building limit, because the bigger your building is, the lower is the productivity of the building. So for newbies it

Post by Guest » 23.08.2007, 14:00

Sorry, I think I was misunderstood.

This would not hurt the newbies. No one is forced to use this option if it would exist. If people are good informed, they should know that. (Those who don

Post by Guest » 23.08.2007, 14:06

This would be an option I'd never use. I don't mind having it, but I've seen far better suggestions burnt down immediately!