Large trader market

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

Large trader market

Post by Guest » 11.08.2010, 12:55

A lot of starting companies are putting products on the markets in small quantities, which can really clog a specific section. Would it be an idea to create a market for larger traders, so that you don't have to wrestle thru all those small offers?

Post by Guest » 11.08.2010, 13:02

I think thats a very bad idea, starting companies need buyers just the same if not more than as larger traders, if they were pushed to the side just so you can view larger offers they wouldn't stay around for long, if i need something i tend to buy the smaller offers first then work through the larger ones, only takes a minute.

Post by Guest » 11.08.2010, 13:09

basically you're trying to take buyers away from starting businesses, that's a horrible idea.

you can see the difference between a two or three digit number and a five+ digit number without even really looking at the numbers,
it shouldn't be hard to see the large offers if you want to buy large quantities.

you could always try to get a contract agreement with a large company if this is such a regular thing for you :P

Post by Guest » 11.08.2010, 13:17

If you're looking for a large quantity of product xx, with the same Q, that doesn't always work. Let's look at the coal market at the moment, the first screen is half filled with offers of 1,2,3 or 4 pieces of coal a each, who buys those tiny amounts?

You're right about not creating an elite club or something, but maybe a sorting option based on the quantity of goods per offer could be added, just like the quality sorting option?

Post by Guest » 11.08.2010, 13:22

Coal does look a mess but at the same time there's only one and a half pages to search through, it's hardly going to take long, also it's worth bearing in mind there are some buyers that buy up larger offers and leave 1/2 of the product on the market to keep the lowest price down, i've had this myself recently with cotton sold 4/5 amounts of 5/10m and when they had sold i had 1 unit left of each on the market.

Post by Guest » 11.08.2010, 17:07

I always buy the low quantities first, because I know the small companies need it more than the big ones. I wonder if anyone else does this.

It is a bad idea to take that away from small buyers.

Post by Guest » 11.08.2010, 17:43

I do it too, but if you need a lot of 1 specific Q, it takes a while before you sort it all out.

Post by Guest » 12.08.2010, 13:55

nikhilm92 wrote:I always buy the low quantities first, because I know the small companies need it more than the big ones. I wonder if anyone else does this.

Sure - and I even do not mind paying more for small amounts of small companies... :wink:

Dopamin

Post by Guest » 12.08.2010, 14:57

sjohie wrote:Let's look at the coal market at the moment, the first screen is half filled with offers of 1,2,3 or 4 pieces of coal a each, who buys those tiny amounts?
I hope the coal market meets your level of expectation now, sjohie. :wink:

Post by Guest » 12.08.2010, 17:10

sjohie wrote:I do it too, but if you need a lot of 1 specific Q, it takes a while before you sort it all out.
it need exactly one click at the top ->quality , and all offers are sorted by q :)
and often small offers from big players are advertisement :D
cheaper than faxes

Post by Guest » 13.08.2010, 18:03

nikhilm92 wrote:I always buy the low quantities first, because I know the small companies need it more than the big ones. I wonder if anyone else does this.

You're not alone in doing this. I prefer to help smaller business than my own. I personally wish it was easier to find smaller companies on the market but I cannot think of a way without ruining the setup.

With that said, I agree with basically everyone else that has posted.