holiday replacement, and such

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

holiday replacement, and such

Post by Guest » 24.01.2010, 20:27

If I'm not wrong, to 'sit' someone's account, you need his username and password (which may cause problems, If the sitter decides so)

I think that there should be an option in the profile, In which you write the company name of the one who is going to 'sit' your account (and choose for how long)
and then he can login to your account using your companyname(or username), and His password.
[Or he can enter your account from his profile, without the need to know your username/password]

and when you are back, you just remove him from the account sitting in your profile.

It's not much programming, and might save accounts from being stolen.
Last edited by Guest on 24.01.2010, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » 24.01.2010, 20:29

I suppose that could work.
Or, rather than using his own password, the 'hosting' company makes a 'guest password' for people who sit their account during holidays.

Guest password has limited access only, and cannot change the main password etc.

Post by Guest » 24.01.2010, 20:30

added the part : [Or he can enter your account from his profile, without the need to know your username/password]

Post by Guest » 25.01.2010, 19:33

ILIYYILI wrote:added the part : [Or he can enter your account from his profile, without the need to know your username/password]
I played on another game with this feature and it worked very well, it blocked the trading/events between the 2 accounts. Though there were problems that when people quit they just let other people account sit them forever, practically being a 2nd account which is against the rules, maybe have a limit of 3months at a time that you can sit for?

Post by Guest » 26.01.2010, 15:14

I have never had a problem with a sitter. Just create a new password before you leave and change it back to your old when you get back.

They cannot "steal" your account if you posted in the correct forum. The Admins can always change your password for you if your sitter happens to change it him/herself.

Post by Guest » 26.01.2010, 15:52

Azer Productions wrote:I have never had a problem with a sitter. Just create a new password before you leave and change it back to your old when you get back.

They cannot "steal" your account if you posted in the correct forum. The Admins can always change your password for you if your sitter happens to change it him/herself.

well... if they try, It will be just more work for the goldeneye/pearl, to give you back your account, and to prove it is realy you.

and felix, 2-3 weeks max sitting and no trading of 2 accounts with the same ip for atleast 2 days after the last time they had the same ip.

Post by Guest » 26.01.2010, 23:17

Just thinking...

Can your account really be safe while another person has got access to it?
He/She can sell all your buildings, can trade at unallowed prices, can destroy your high researches, can ruin your company by doing dumb transactions...
Keeping that person away from your password does not really makes your account safer. :)

Post by Guest » 27.01.2010, 11:20

when you make a holiday replacement you have to option to accept/decline contracts and only research not selling, And only production/expand AND NOT SELLING THE BUILDING..

Post by Guest » 27.01.2010, 11:57

vannuland verhuur wrote:when you make a holiday replacement you have to option to accept/decline contracts and only research not selling, And only production/expand AND NOT SELLING THE BUILDING..
To go a bit further on Vann's suggestion, give the owner of the account checkboxes for those options. That way you can be 100% at ease. Of course the only down side to this though, is that your sitter may or may not get butt hurt if you check all of the options off, showing that you don't trust them. :)

Post by Guest » 27.01.2010, 15:42

GoldenEye wrote:Just thinking...

Can your account really be safe while another person has got access to it?
He/She can sell all your buildings, can trade at unallowed prices, can destroy your high researches, can ruin your company by doing dumb transactions...
Keeping that person away from your password does not really makes your account safer. :)
I thought of that when I said this:
VerConMat Industries BV wrote:Or, rather than using his own password, the 'hosting' company makes a 'guest password' for people who sit their account during holidays.

Guest password has limited access only, and cannot change the main password etc.
Basically, they'd be allowed to set productions, but cannot sell buildings or make any major changes to the account.

Post by Guest » 27.01.2010, 15:48

ok this is so great idea! Upjers have to make it! When they not, we fight to it!

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 27.01.2010, 16:43

vannuland verhuur wrote:ok this is so great idea! Upjers have to make it! When they not, we fight to it!
It is certainly an interesting thought. But as you know, all ideas have to be regarded from several perspectives. Feasibility, legibility, possibility of implementation, etc. As noted in this forum, we generally take good care of reviewing suggestions. I cannot say anything about the options of implementing this one anymore than in regard to any other proposal, but it will certainly be passed on. I will close this topic, then, thank you for coming up with this one! :-)

Best regards,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!