Fix The Great Shop Divide

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

Fix The Great Shop Divide

Post by Guest » 12.01.2010, 17:37

In kapilands shops take less time to build than priduction buildings, do not decrease in efficiency as the size increases and is not affeceted at all by levels. Yet a great majority of the leading corporations in Kapilands are "shop only". They only sell in shops and buy everything from suppliers and make enormous profits and lead in the FA rankings. Why is the game so biad=sed in favour of shop owners. I can undertand an advantage to them because they nedd to find suppliers but they dominate the economy. Shouldn't the shop economy be sorted out? This is not a suggestion for the current realms but for any future ones so that they do not become dominated by shop only companys and give the producer something.

Post by Guest » 12.01.2010, 18:39

usually produces (of wardrobes, as example) earn ALOT more then retailers

and when there will be more producers, prices will drop and retailers will go up... and so on.

the game is not in favor of anyone...

Post by Guest » 12.01.2010, 18:49

well i do make alot profit in wardrobes.

more as a retailer could

i make 500x1500=750.000 PROFIT per hr per joinery.

750000x24=18million PER joinery a day, i got 40 so thats 62 million a day ON AVERAGE WITH THE 'WORST' Q ABLE FOR ME.

for every Q above my worst(19) i gain another 30poe on average

a retailer earns maybe 4 to 500, i triple mine

a retailer sells (i do) 30.000 per 100H, i make 50.000

500x30000=15.000.000 profit for retailer, while i make 1500x50000=75.000.000 profit on the same time period.

so..profit is all to the makers. HOWEVER if u dont have a good Q ure useless.

i started with Q1, Q2, Q7, Q13, it went fast, but i paid alot in those days. now i make Q19 with NPC stuff.

Post by Guest » 12.01.2010, 20:46

Producer do make more money per item but the number of items produced per m2 decreases as level and size goes up while shops are unaffected. That is my problem.

Post by Guest » 13.01.2010, 01:38

continuing with the wardrobes example: joineries are more profitable until a certain level/size of building is reached at which point furn. stores become more profitable at the same size. this is why the large companies are in retail and do not make their own product.

Post by Guest » 13.01.2010, 15:06

cascadepower wrote:continuing with the wardrobes example: joineries are more profitable until a certain level/size of building is reached at which point furn. stores become more profitable at the same size. this is why the large companies are in retail and do not make their own product.

AT the moment, at R1 price, producing (eaven if you're the highest level) is more profitable then retailing.

good point...

Post by Guest » 13.01.2010, 21:06

I'm with Kingrewt on this, i think there should be examples for stores just like there is for production buildings. such as the optimizing every time you reach 400 employees you have to put more advertisements

Example:

up to 399 m2 40k advertisement.

400-799 m2 60k advertisement.

800-1199 m2 80k advertisement, and so on.

This would also put some spark back into the advertisement business.

Re: good point...

Post by Guest » 14.01.2010, 08:11

German Trade Unltd wrote:I'm with Kingrewt on this, i think there should be examples for stores just like there is for production buildings. such as the optimizing every time you reach 400 employees you have to put more advertisements

Example:

up to 399 m2 40k advertisement.

400-799 m2 60k advertisement.

800-1199 m2 80k advertisement, and so on.

This would also put some spark back into the advertisement business.
I think Kapi-Regum idea of having 1% (or something) worth ads expire each day would be easier.

As for the original idea, the main problem is that large companies have quite a large buying power for their retail stores increasing their profits.

Anyone remember when Cash Money Brothers was buying wardrobes for a 1000c (from newbies) when the price of wood was 40c?

That and incorrect pricing for quality probably have an effect, I remember with my old jewellery stores, buying diamond rings for 5000c +100Q despite each Q increasing my profits by 200c a ring.