Inventory and Accounts

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

Inventory and Accounts

Post by Guest » 01.12.2009, 13:16

I've poked around a bit and been unable to find this feature in the game.

First, an inventory register (just like an accounting journal - in our business we simply call it an 'inventory') which tracks inventory adds and deletes (like an accounting journal). This is particularly helpful for viewing consumption of assets for those of us who conduct many kinds of transactions in a day. It's not something that can't be calculated (I know), but it is also something that is fundamental to every business that handles the sale of physical product.

Second, it would be helpful if there was some kind of perpetuity to the information in "Accounts." The system seems to be rather tempermental about when it decides to delete that information, and it is very useful for tracking cashflow - but when there is no permanence it is almost impossible to do this. I know it would be difficult to implement a permanent cash record for every company, but perhaps maintaining a weekly record (with a clearly set and announced time at which it reset) would be helpful; or a way to do a regular data dump from the "Accounts" screen and clear it at user command.

Post by Guest » 01.12.2009, 14:52

finances page and account page are ALL you need :)
more then that will take alot of memory in the game servers xD

Post by Guest » 02.12.2009, 09:05

ILIYYILI wrote:more then that will take alot of memory in the game servers xD
So stick it on our computers....I would have no problem with it being shelved on my HDD like a GFX pack.

H

Post by Guest » 05.12.2009, 17:20

for additional reports you can track your finances by making graphs and spreadsheets on excel

Post by Guest » 14.12.2009, 13:40

CEOincorp wrote:for additional reports you can track your finances by making graphs and spreadsheets on excel
As I pointed out in my original post, this isn't possible because of the irregular time of day at which information is dumped from the ledger. At the very least I suggest this be formalized and declared; with a certain amount of overlap to allow for uncertainty and error.

In addition, it would be helpful if the same sort of export functionality was provided for messages. I don't ask that the servers retain them, I ask that there merely be an easier way for me to retain them (than to copy and paste contents, time, date, and recipient).