Buisnesses Shares

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » 05.10.2009, 19:56

I'm not sure, either an admin or a game developer would have to look here and decide? Or maybe if a Moderator saw this he could put it forward to them....

Speaking of moderators, it would be good if we could get one in here to comment and just tell us what he thinks of the idea and the chances of it being implemented ;S

Post by Guest » 06.10.2009, 01:45

Forum Mods don't have any power with suggestions. (They are not Upjers staff.)

The only real way to get the suggestion through to them would be to send it directly.

My opinion, it will never happen. Why? They have said time and time again, if it will change the game too much it won't happen. This suggestion would change the game too much. Period.

Post by Guest » 06.10.2009, 02:01

Companies typically sell stock to the public to cover previously incurred debt. For example, I'm Mobil and I decide I want to buy another oil company. I buy Shell for like 50 billion dollars. Mobil is now is debt, so they sell shares to the public to help generate cash to pay the debt down. The company now owns shell so its revenue and fixed assets are greater... and hopefully overall the company becomes more efficient and can increase profit margins.

In Kapilands there is no debt. Everything is prepaid. Its virtually impossible to lose money in Kapilands... just varying degrees of making money. So really the entire stock market has no bearing on anything because based on an always increasing market. The only way the market goes down is if players quit playing. I mean losing money cause business sucks, well, is no fun! :lol: :lol:

What would be interesting if in R3 they mapped the price of caps to the Dow Jones or something like that. While the cap has no real value, but has a stock market that players can invest in to make some extra bucks... with the risk that it could all crash ala 2007 style and you lose half your investment.

Post by Guest » 06.10.2009, 15:12

felixbluindustries wrote:Ok so you buy 80% of my company for 4weeks and I charge you 1bil.

For the next 4weeks I decide just to make gas and not sell any. At the end I'm 1bil up and have loads of gas to sell and you have nought? :P

What happens then?
A credit score. a company is given a score out of 1000. and if they return the investment the score is set at 500. if the company returns greater than the investment the score is somewhere between 500 to 1000. if the company returns less than the investment the score is below 500. so then if the company messes up one person they will have a score so that no one else wants to invest in the company. and if the company returns a lot more than invested more people will want to invest in it. i would like the idea that the company always pays 1% of income to each share. and the shares never expire. they just can be traded in the market so that someone can hold them for a long time or buy them and sell them if they no the company stoped working. this will be interesting. what happens when a company stops working the share price goes to nothing. so you wouldn't want t buy a small company becasue they will be much riskyier. but they would grow the fastest.

Post by Guest » 06.10.2009, 15:27

The credit score is a fantastic idea ^^

They won't accept a suggestion if they think it will change the game too much? That's kinda discouraging progress don't you think? Kapilands is too stale as it is now and I really think this could make the entire game more dynamic...

Post by Guest » 06.10.2009, 15:42

i agree

The game is getting stale and a stockmarket would improve it dramatically but i think a good over haul on most things could be used.

Post by Guest » 06.10.2009, 16:07

Bump

Post by Guest » 06.10.2009, 20:20

kingrewt wrote:i agree

The game is getting stale and a stockmarket would improve it dramatically but i think a good over haul on most things could be used.
If it is getting stale for you then leave. ;) Everything will be the same when you come back because you realized how good the game was later on. :D

Post by Guest » 08.10.2009, 15:57

Bump

Post by Guest » 09.10.2009, 01:34

what is with the bumping?

Post by Guest » 09.10.2009, 07:51

its to make topic active

Post by Guest » 09.10.2009, 14:59

i am so confused why would some one want to make a topic active? we wil lsee the tpic anyways? or is it some special command that is required? like what happens if i just say bump several times in a topic?

Post by Guest » 09.10.2009, 17:44

It's to get it to the top of the page, otherwise a thread can very quickly sink nearer the bottom where people tend not to look as much.

Post by Guest » 09.10.2009, 19:14

jkeller4000 wrote: like what happens if i just say bump several times in a topic?
You win a cookie.

BUMP stands for something... P is page... can't remember the rest.

Also get goldeneye or pearlbay to pass it onto the upjers staff- the idea that is, not bump ;)

Post by Guest » 09.10.2009, 20:17

Lmao, and any ideas' for getting them down here? Just mailing them?