Company score - wrong focus

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

Company score - wrong focus

Post by Guest » 18.09.2009, 17:59

I used the 'My company?' feature while looking at the scores today and I noticed that when I clicked the link to find my company, the page aimed for the top number of the same score that my company has (550.000c fixed assets), and I had to use the Next link several times to locate my company ranking.

Can someone fix this please. I would like to have my company show up with one click only.

Post by Guest » 18.09.2009, 18:06

It searches for the number not your company. Why? Because the top score isn't really on a first come basis. It was explained to me as the first company got there first then everyone else is ranked by their ID number. That is why when I gain a new research I reach #7 in the Quality toplist. Then after a day or two I fall to #11.

Just consider it a tie with all the other companies who have the same score as you. It doesn't matter which one is above you or below you as long as they all have the same score.

Post by Guest » 18.09.2009, 18:17

Then what is the point of having the 'My company?' link if it doesn't search for the company? If a link named like that is there, I expect it to show my company on one click.
I believe Molehill Empire works the same way, except in that game your company pops up immidiately when you search for it in scores - any score.

Post by Guest » 19.09.2009, 11:58

Andro wrote:Then what is the point of having the 'My company?' link if it doesn't search for the company? If a link named like that is there, I expect it to show my company on one click.
I believe Molehill Empire works the same way, except in that game your company pops up immidiately when you search for it in scores - any score.
Why you want to find YOUR company?
Isn't it to know at what spot you are?
Doesn't it show what spot you are, since you are at the same spot as the company it shows??

Grow and you won't have to click 3 pages to find your company.

1. This isn't a bug.
2. If you complain about a bug, even one that isn

Post by Guest » 19.09.2009, 14:49

actually he is right.... your not getting the point are you? its not so easy to get in the top list... he means to say when he searches his company ranking he gets companies having similar scores which are above him due to the ID thing.... but it should come straight to his company no matter how many ppl have the same score..... in all other games when u search you get your company straight.. you dont go searching for it!

Post by Guest » 19.09.2009, 15:52

adi2412 wrote:actually he is right.... your not getting the point are you? its not so easy to get in the top list... he means to say when he searches his company ranking he gets companies having similar scores which are above him due to the ID thing.... but it should come straight to his company no matter how many ppl have the same score..... in all other games when u search you get your company straight.. you dont go searching for it!
I agree also... when your company is small like mine you almost always go to a page and then you still need to go down one or two pages to get your own...

the man has a reasonable request here... its does not have to be a real life problem....

Post by Guest » 19.09.2009, 17:04

adi2412 wrote:actually he is right.... your not getting the point are you? its not so easy to get in the top list... he means to say when he searches his company ranking he gets companies having similar scores which are above him due to the ID thing.... but it should come straight to his company no matter how many ppl have the same score..... in all other games when u search you get your company straight.. you dont go searching for it!
Reading is difficult, isn't it?

Grow and the problem is solved, whining about something as pointless as this is completely useless.

Fact remains:
1. Its no bug.
2. This isn't the bug forum.
3. He could be happy if this is the worst problem in his lift.

Post by Guest » 20.09.2009, 05:56

It is a bug! i mean what kind of a search button gets 2-3(sometimes even 5-6!!) pages away from what your searching??! isnt the search programmed to find your user ID? or is it programmed to find the cash(or whatever else you search)? If it searches the same amount then there will be many players.... but obviously u have a unique user ID. So why can't the search option get us straight to our company?

This is not whining... its just a good way to improve the game.... I used to have that problem before but obviously when u grow it just gets easier...

Post by Guest » 20.09.2009, 15:30

adi2412 wrote:It is a bug! i mean what kind of a search button gets 2-3(sometimes even 5-6!!) pages away from what your searching??! isnt the search programmed to find your user ID? or is it programmed to find the cash(or whatever else you search)? If it searches the same amount then there will be many players.... but obviously u have a unique user ID. So why can't the search option get us straight to our company?

This is not whining... its just a good way to improve the game.... I used to have that problem before but obviously when u grow it just gets easier...
See, you have no clue what you are talking about.
It has been explained before and still you have no clue.....and then you are telling me i'm not getting the point???

Once more, a bug is something that is wrong, when it is intended the way it is it ISN'T a bug. :roll:

It works perfect.

Post by Guest » 20.09.2009, 19:18

adi2412 wrote: isnt the search programmed to find your user ID? or is it programmed to find the cash(or whatever else you search)?
It searches for the number not your company.
...as the first company got there first then everyone else is ranked by their ID number.
:D

Post by Guest » 21.09.2009, 16:09

yea so ur ranked accordin to ur user id.... i get that but when it searches isnt it searching for your user ID and doesnt that mean it should come straight to the page??? :?

Post by Guest » 21.09.2009, 16:24

Yeah I know what you mean, but I think what Azer means by number is: it searches for the rank number you got,( like the system "sees" that ID number 000 is searching for his contest rank for example, and so that is what the system does, it searches for your contast ranknumber.)
and then when others also have that same ranknumber, the first one who got that rank comes before you, and you and the others with the same rank are placed in line behind that according to their ID number.
At least that is how I understand the explanation.
Why they would do it like that I have no clue.

Post by Guest » 21.09.2009, 18:02

weird ppl... no wonder some ppl put weird amounts lyk 243292... :P!!