selling in the market

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

selling in the market

Post by Guest » 22.08.2009, 21:02

when you sell in the market you want to try to get the best price you can, especially competition produts.
You mark them high, But if they are not sold, you have to buy them back.

The system doesn't recognise that it is your stock anyway and your cost has dramatically increased.

Is there a function where you can edit the price that your selling in the market ?. If not i think this would be a good tool.

Post by Guest » 22.08.2009, 21:24

Is there a function where you can edit the price that your selling in the market ?
No, you can't edit the price.
But when you buy it back you "only" loose the 10% marketfee, the system DOES recognise it is your stock so you don't have to pay the whole sellingprice you put it on the market for.
Example: put stock on the market for 5 million total, you loose 500k.(marketfee). :D

Post by Guest » 22.08.2009, 21:25

No this is impossible.

Just make sure you don't overprice products so you don't need to take them of the market again.

Post by Guest » 22.08.2009, 21:49

sally

thanks for the response, i have just sold 1 car in the market for 150k, i bought it back and now the cost in my warehouse if 150k not the origonal price before i put it in the market.
This is what i was trying to explain, if you could ammend your selling prices it would not do this, and you could remain competitive.

Post by Guest » 22.08.2009, 22:23

jasonh wrote:sally

thanks for the response, i have just sold 1 car in the market for 150k, i bought it back and now the cost in my warehouse if 150k not the origonal price before i put it in the market.
This is what i was trying to explain, if you could ammend your selling prices it would not do this, and you could remain competitive.
I understand.
The cost in your warehouse is something you can ignore though, it is not right most of the times.
If you browse through this forum, especially the sticky threads for beginners you will find out about those things.

And yes it sounds nice to be able to adjust your price in the market, except for the fact that everybody would start changing (lowering) prices every 5 minutes in order to sell faster then the other guy, prices would drop like crazy.
There would be no stabilty in the market and it would become difficult to get a good price for your products.

You can still be competetive by offering a good price and/or good quality.

You don't need to be the cheapest to sell your product, especially when you sell raw materials, they will always sell if you put it on the market for a reasonable price.

If you would sell stones for the same price as the cheapest offer right now they will still be sold within a day.
No need to undercut prices, some people think that is the way to be competetive, but they are not always right.

Use the market as a step towards selling by contract.
Put half your stock on the market, if somebody buys it send him a message and offer the rest of your production for 10% lower.

:D

Post by Guest » 23.08.2009, 00:04

jasonh wrote:sally

Damn, now that is a HUGE problem......

Dude, GET A LIFE!!!!!

Or just send yourself a contract with whatever price you want it in your warehouse and accept the contract....wow, the item is in the warehouse at the right price....

Pretty important :roll: 8) :roll:

Post by Guest » 23.08.2009, 00:12

sally wrote:But when you buy it back you "only" loose the 10% marketfee, the system DOES recognise it is your stock so you don't have to pay the whole sellingprice you put it on the market for.
Sally, that answer is really stupid. :lol:

You don't have to pay the whole sellingprice???

You pay the full price, but you don't notice since you recieve the money immediatly and therefor your Cash won't change.

Re: selling in the market

Post by Guest » 23.08.2009, 03:33

jasonh wrote:Is there a function where you can edit the price that your selling in the market ?. If not i think this would be a good tool.
I recommended that a long time ago. Such a feature does not violate the spirit of KL, but is not so easy to implement.

Post by Guest » 23.08.2009, 10:09

Ronintje wrote:
sally wrote:But when you buy it back you "only" loose the 10% marketfee, the system DOES recognise it is your stock so you don't have to pay the whole sellingprice you put it on the market for.
Sally, that answer is really stupid. :lol:

You don't have to pay the whole sellingprice???

You pay the full price, but you don't notice since you recieve the money immediatly and therefor your Cash won't change.
Yes, well, that is what I ment/should have said, :oops: the result is the same though. :D

Post by Guest » 23.08.2009, 11:53

Jees Ron GET A LIFE!!!!! Dont you have something far more important not to mention productive than running around a small time game forum bagging out random people or is your life just that pointless that you have to vindicate yourself by pointing out the flaws in everybody eles life so you can feel marginaly better about your own? Seriously dude, take a little of your own medicine, go back to your house and drink yourself into a stupor. Least when you wake up with a headache you have a reason to be pissed off at the world. Heck ill even let you drink that Q12 beer I left in the fridge last night.

On the actual topic...I dont think such a tool would be very usefull. It would make markets far more volitile and whilst this can be good spectulive buying and selling would make the swings even more explosive. I would be nice if I could get it back off the market free but it also makes me more carefull about how I price my items.

A rather tired and grumpy H!

Post by Guest » 23.08.2009, 12:04

Horizon Holdings wrote:Jees Ron GET A LIFE!!!!! Dont you have something far more important not to mention productive than running around a small time game forum bagging out random people or is your life just that pointless that you have to vindicate yourself by pointing out the flaws in everybody eles life so you can feel marginaly better about your own? Seriously dude, take a little of your own medicine, go back to your house and drink yourself into a stupor. Least when you wake up with a headache you have a reason to be pissed off at the world. Heck ill even let you drink that Q12 beer I left in the fridge last night.

On the actual topic...I dont think such a tool would be very usefull. It would make markets far more volitile and whilst this can be good spectulive buying and selling would make the swings even more explosive. I would be nice if I could get it back off the market free but it also makes me more carefull about how I price my items.

You are such a good boy! :D :D
You make me very proud. 8) 8) :wink:

Post by Guest » 23.08.2009, 12:10

Horizon Holdings wrote:Jees Ron GET A LIFE!!!!! Dont you have something far more important not to mention productive than running around a small time game forum bagging out random people or is your life just that pointless that you have to vindicate yourself by pointing out the flaws in everybody eles life so you can feel marginaly better about your own? Seriously dude, take a little of your own medicine, go back to your house and drink yourself into a stupor. Least when you wake up with a headache you have a reason to be pissed off at the world. Heck ill even let you drink that Q12 beer I left in the fridge last night.

Self reflection is a healthy asset in human brain.

I would almost think you were thinking of yourself when writing this :lol:

I say, look down and figure out how to relieve yourself...you obviously need it... :lol: :lol: