possible idea

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » 15.08.2009, 15:28

An automated feature that I suggested some time ago, and which exists in some research games, is setting the next research topic before the current topic completes. I'm in favor of not having to set an alarm to log in at the odd times of research completion.

Post by Guest » 15.08.2009, 15:31

Do you actually do that?
Set your alarmclock? :lol:

Post by Guest » 15.08.2009, 15:38

sally wrote:Do you actually do that?
Set your alarmclock?
As I live and breathe. One space game makes you log in every 3 hours for days on end, during battles. (I quit after 2 rounds.)

Post by Guest » 15.08.2009, 16:34

I wouldnt name it automation, but I also think this would be nice (just thinking of the game regardless of the policy of game makers). my idea is maybe one step after the proposal; currently each building gets activated to produce a certain quantity of product. maybe thinking of contracts that makes sence, but how about factories just producing?! each factory would work permanently (even maybe on certain percentage of full capacity). the player then has to set where the product is going to be stored/sent. default would be warehouse, but as was mentioned by doublepeg the user would also be able to set a fraction of the products to be delivered to another factory (or even maybe on a constant rate to another player in form of a contract).
assume I would like to produce stones with water and power produced by myself. unless I allways keep an amount in warehous, I have to just calculate on timings to see when one product would be finished so that I can deliver it to another factory. I think with the suggestion, then instead of calculating these times, I will be busy with thinking how to set the shares of each product for different destinations!

Post by Guest » 15.08.2009, 16:49

if you automated everything then there would be no point in playing the game at all

Post by Guest » 15.08.2009, 21:47

GREED inc. wrote:if you automated everything then there would be no point in playing the game at all
We could have a feature in which our avatars run their virtual fingers through gold coins from a sock.

Seriously, the point of every game is to get superior results, and KL would still have stats by which players could compare themselves, even with full automation. Our differing strategies would play out like robot warriors.

Post by Guest » 15.08.2009, 22:10

the player then has to set where the product is going to be stored/sent. default would be warehouse,but as was mentioned by doublepeg the user would also be able to set a fraction of the products to be delivered to another factory
Doesn't sound so bad, you'd still have to do calculations an timesetting, so it would not be all automatic.
I think it is an interesting idea.

Post by Guest » 16.08.2009, 07:38

sally wrote:
the player then has to set where the product is going to be stored/sent. default would be warehouse,but as was mentioned by doublepeg the user would also be able to set a fraction of the products to be delivered to another factory
Doesn't sound so bad, you'd still have to do calculations an timesetting, so it would not be all automatic.
I disagree with sally (i just had to said it) 8) because with every automation you have less stuff to do. i read you complain about waiting in this game in some other thread, so it sounds a little paradoxal to me that you dont mind having automation while you hate waiting. because with every automation the waiting time to do something useful increases.

Post by Guest » 16.08.2009, 09:54

GREED inc. wrote:
sally wrote:
I disagree with sally (i just had to said it) 8) because with every automation you have less stuff to do. i read you complain about waiting in this game in some other thread, so it sounds a little paradoxal to me that you dont mind having automation while you hate waiting. because with every automation the waiting time to do something useful increases.
I don't agree with Greed's reasons for disagreeing.
I still don't like to automize the game, but I don't think this particular idea (sending a part of production directly to another factory) would add to waitingtime.
You would still have to set what factory you want to send the products to, how much you want to send, what the second factory is supposed to do with the products sent, and you would still have to set/calculate quality/ time.
The only thing that would change is the click to the warehouse.
It is just more efficient to be able to directly send it where you want it.
8)

Post by Guest » 16.08.2009, 10:28

oh you think so? lets see: a guy having power plants, plantations, mines, wells, factories, textile factories, electronics factories, car factories and car dealers plus research centers and for all that gets the suggested automatization. he then just sets continuous production of

power, water, rubber, cotton, coal, iron ore, minerals, quartz, silicon, chemicals, plastic, textiles, steel, glass, e-components, oil, plastic, car bodies, engines, tires, cabriolets

and also he has automated research for rubber, cotton, coal, iron ore, minerals, quartz, silicon, chemicals, plastic, textiles, steel, glass, e-components, oil, plastic, car bodies, engines, tires, cabriolets

and automatically selling the cabriolets.

the automatization would result in him clicking and collecting money from shops, and thats everything. sounds like fun?

p.s. sally i was hoping you would put the disagree thingy in your signature :shock:

Post by Guest » 16.08.2009, 11:05

GREED inc. wrote:oh you think so? lets see: a guy having power plants, plantations, mines, wells, factories, textile factories, electronics factories, car factories and car dealers plus research centers and for all that gets the suggested automatization. he then just sets continuous production of

power, water, rubber, cotton, coal, iron ore, minerals, quartz, silicon, chemicals, plastic, textiles, steel, glass, e-components, oil, plastic, car bodies, engines, tires, cabriolets

and also he has automated research for rubber, cotton, coal, iron ore, minerals, quartz, silicon, chemicals, plastic, textiles, steel, glass, e-components, oil, plastic, car bodies, engines, tires, cabriolets

and automatically selling the cabriolets.

the automatization would result in him clicking and collecting money from shops, and thats everything. sounds like fun?

p.s. sally i was hoping you would put the disagree thingy in your signature :shock:
No no no, you don't understand.
I was only speaking of this idea:
The other suggestions I do not agree with or I would have quoted the whole piece.

P.s. I was actually thinking about putting the disagree thingy in my signature, but it doesn't harmonize ( clashes) with the other statements...
then again, that does represent your personality doesn't it ..:idea:
ok, you're in!
8)

Post by Guest » 16.08.2009, 11:08

sally wrote: the player then has to set where the product is going to be stored/sent. default would be warehouse,but as was mentioned by doublepeg the user would also be able to set a fraction of the products to be delivered to another factory
but if you send products to another factory, what else could it possibly mean except that it goes to a factory where it is used in production of something up the production chain :shock:

Post by Guest » 16.08.2009, 11:21

I don't understand this disscussion :?

When a production run finishes the produced goods are automaticaly sent to the warehouse, and when you start a production run the required elements are automaticaly sent to the production building.

Post by Guest » 16.08.2009, 11:22

but if you send products to another factory, what else could it possibly mean except that it goes to a factory where it is used in production of something up the production chain:shock:
Yes it does mean that...so?
Well let's try this in theory.

I set my plantation to send part of my corn production to my breed building after corn production is finished, to produce cattle.
Then set my breed building to send part of my cattle production to the textile factory to make leather, and to send the other part of cattle to my Butcher to make beef.

You can also set nothing and then the products will go to the warehouse by default.
So I think it is still a good idea as an option, you don't have to use it, but you can.

Post by Guest » 16.08.2009, 11:40

so i do understand :P thats exactly what i was telling you with that cabriolets example