More robust contracts

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » 08.06.2009, 21:47

Have you ever looked at all the pages of suggestions and proposals Horizon?
Then do it and start with page 13.
When you are finished, in a week or so, notice how many times certain suggestions keep coming up and see how many of all those suggestions and proposals have been implemented.
:shock: :shock:

Just 1 little example: posted over 2 years ago..

Post by Guest » 09.06.2009, 06:36

uh, I was kinda agreeing you u :shock: :shock:
I simply moaned about people not listerning, its a fairly common thing around here you do it quite regulary yourself :D :P
H

Post by Guest » 09.06.2009, 08:26

I understand :D but still, have you looked?
It is not very encouraging, is it? :roll:

Post by Guest » 09.06.2009, 08:58

Not as far back as 2 years no but I have browsed some areas out of intrest
The same questions keep getting repeated I know but most people simply dont care what has happened in the past but think that they can make the deveopers see their own reason.
Sad
H

Post by Guest » 09.06.2009, 13:20

I would like automatic contracts to come in but I have an idea.

Ok so you can set up a contract for example
Walker Landing agrees to Sell Microsft 1000 Wood @ 70c every 24 hours. This agreement lasts until 19 June 2009.

Walker Landing & Microsoft must give 3 days notice to cancel this contract early.

If goods or paymetnt are more than 12 hours late it will be charged at 3% of the late total per day
Now the devs dont want this to be automatic right? So how about the contract is there, signed & agreed for the next X days. What this will mean is that the supplier will have to log on daily and click to send the goods.

You could click on the contract and see

Contract NO -
Details
[Cancell Contract]
10th June 09 - 1000 (1030) wood - [Send] - Warning 17:34:02 Late
11th June 09 - 1000 wood - [Send]

Etc I think that would work.

Post by Guest » 09.06.2009, 14:46

I am against anything automatic, except how the contest awards are handed out.

Walker, what you are suggesting sounds like an advanced contracts save option. You save a contracts just like you save a friend. (Company, Product, Amount, Quality and Price) Then all you have to do is click the send button and you jump past having to fill all those fields out by hand. Only your suggestion adds a whole penalty addition which they would never add. Why? Upjers has said they don't want to penalize people for not logging in. If somebody wants to leave for a month, or a year, their will be the same when they get back. That is what a lot of us love about this game.

Post by Guest » 09.06.2009, 14:54

Well ok Lets just say Microsoft say they want 1000 wood each month from me. I Increase my production to fill microsofts request. Then Microsoft decides to back out of the deal....

Where does that leave me? With an ageed contact he has no intention of filling? I am left with the increase in goods. Sure I can sell them elsewhere but the fact would remain that Mr Microsoft wasted my time.

I think it adds a bit more realism to the game. The charge would be optional as would the qty, cancellation terms etc and would also make contracts more worthwhile (not on the chance there late) just because its "Expected".

Sure I can deal with the terms via IGM, but there is no way to enforce thoose terms. A small % like 3% would prevent that. The other option is that the player simply sends the current market value for the goods to whichever one automatically.

Post by Guest » 09.06.2009, 15:18

The game has been functioning for years with the currect, no penalty, contract system.

Sure, it is a major pain when costumers or suppliers disappear. I have found myself several times with no income and scrambling to finds new costumers/suppliers. That is real world experience to its fullest. Companies are always backing out of deals, delaying or going bankrupt all the time. Rarely are any penalties given or enforced.

Post by Guest » 09.06.2009, 21:05

I suppose I am just a businessman at heart and am used to contracts which usually have thoose sorts of t&c in. Still even without penaltys a "contract" storing function would help I think.

I currently use an excel spreadsheet. Would be cool if I could send at the click of a few buttons.

Post by Guest » 10.06.2009, 08:34

Lots of suggestions like sally said keep popping up and I like them but never gonna happen ;)

Go sally go sally go sally :P

Post by Guest » 10.06.2009, 15:58

It is not like I don't want anything new to be added to the game, and I like many ideas that have been brought up, but after a while of playing and browsing trough this forum I realize almost nothing that has ever been suggested was implemented, so after a while you kind of loose enthousiasm and get a bit cynical about the whole "suggestions and proposals" corner.
Even if the idea is good, and many players like it, nothing happens..so what is the point.. :roll:

Post by Guest » 10.06.2009, 20:51

the only thing i have seen added is ice cream and there was somethin else which i dont seem to remember ryt now..... :P but yea sally is ryt when i joined 2 yrs ago i had seen time and again all suggestions being refused so i neva gave one :P

Post by Guest » 10.06.2009, 21:02

Well the point of this area of the forum I thinks to like bounce ideas off of each other, not just simply dismiss them (not taking a dig here) With the off chance we actually find something good.

I dont think anything gets done or changed is that change requires money and time. This companys only source of income I can see is coin sales. And when you take away overheads and wages and so on. You realise this company probably doesnt earn enough to impliment many of the majorly big changes.

lol

Post by Guest » 10.06.2009, 21:29

There have been some things suggested and added to the game. (Ice Cream being one of those things.) I have even had one of my suggestions added http://www.forum.kapilands.com/viewtopi ... 8871#58871

Good suggestions are always worth talking about even if you don't think it will be added. One day something might be added, who knows? ;)

Post by Guest » 10.06.2009, 23:22

there was also in your nots section, or contact list, before to see what notes you had writeen about a company you had to click a link, now its just displayed underneath.