Ingamespamm

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 13:21

00110110 wrote:
Azer Productions wrote:Example: You may only have up to 5 market offers for an item, with the same quality and price, at any given time.
And if we use a system like that, then there would be loopholes. They could simply just change the quality and price slightly. It is much better to use common sense for things like this.
What is wrong with that? 90% of those spam market offers are usually for stone, water or power. If they lower or raise their price by 0.01 it won't block the whole page when sorting by price. ;)

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 13:50

Azer Productions wrote:
00110110 wrote:
Azer Productions wrote:Example: You may only have up to 5 market offers for an item, with the same quality and price, at any given time.
And if we use a system like that, then there would be loopholes. They could simply just change the quality and price slightly. It is much better to use common sense for things like this.
What is wrong with that? 90% of those spam market offers are usually for stone, water or power. If they lower or raise their price by 0.01 it won't block the whole page when sorting by price. ;)
I guess that would be the case of the most situations. But to have someone count the offers sounds like a lot of work to me. I suggest that they have someone check those products where spamming is common at least ones every day, and just use their eyes to check quick if something sticks out more then it should. It wont look that strange if there's like 3-4 offers but when there's like 7-40, then it starts to take up ridicusly much space. People should be aware to not spread up their offers into small pieces so they take up much more space then is needed.

But I'm sure they can come up with a better solution then I can, I'm just suggesting that they do something about it.

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 14:04

The problem is no set definition for "spam" being posted on the forum. That is why I suggest you suggest one. For a rule/law to be effective it needs to be black and white.
Ingamespamm, especially links is prohibited.
With offense, the company immediately becomes deleted!

The same be valid for the forum.
If I remember currectly, that was posted because of the amount of people spamming the FAX system. There, in the faxes, people pay BIG money to post their Ads. When the faxes get pushed off the edge people are really lossing money. However, that isn't the case on the market. Once you market offer is posted it will stay until somebody buys it no mater if people spam the market with offers.

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 15:17

Azer Productions wrote:The problem is no set definition for "spam" being posted on the forum. That is why I suggest you suggest one. For a rule/law to be effective it needs to be black and white.
Well I don't think it has to be that strict, I'm confident that when it has gone overboard, then it will not go unnoticed.

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 15:41

and what do you suggest?? they should put someone all day being on the market to find some people that they do this?? come on use your common sense.. this cannot be done... you should meke a clesr suggestion as azer said and not suggestions like stop spaming or stop cheating..

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 16:26

thessalonikia wrote:and what do you suggest?? they should put someone all day being on the market to find some people that they do this?? come on use your common sense.. this cannot be done... you should meke a clesr suggestion as azer said and not suggestions like stop spaming or stop cheating..
You just made an a** out of yourself. Read my post 4 steps up. And the way you conclude my intentions is just [censored], you should start with getting some overview before getting so involved in this discussion and use some common sense.

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 16:33

00110110 wrote:It is a repeated use of the same action, so it fits well into the category of spam. Move along.

And please, don't discuss this at here.

Aha, and obviously creating 2 threads to complain about this isn't spam.

Don't tell me that isn't funny :P

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 16:40

Ronintje wrote:
00110110 wrote:It is a repeated use of the same action, so it fits well into the category of spam. Move along.

And please, don't discuss this at here.

Aha, and obviously creating 2 threads to complain about this isn't spam.

Don't tell me that isn't funny :P
It's funny because it's so wrong.

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 18:38

So if I understand it right, you suggest the market must be checked once a day for those big rows of spam offers.
That might work if the admins had time to do so, but I am almost certain they don't, so the best thing to do is make a suggestion that the admins can work with, something concrete like: a certain amount of offers people can put on a specific market, e.g. you can not put more then 3 offers on the leather market, ( at least more then 1 because of the different qualities,) and no more then 1 offer on the stones market (since there is no quality in stones) and so on.. or something like that.

Ofcourse that would have to be implemented by the programmers and I have no idea if there is a lot of work involved in doing that, from what I understand it seems the programmers are very busy working on the new version of this game, but maybe they will consider doing something like that if you make a concrete suggestion.( I fear they won't, but you never know.)

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 18:56

Well it would surprise me if they can't somehow find a way to have enough time for something like that in a place like this.

And I rather wait for a answer from them before deciding that they don't have enough time.

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 19:44

Thats what i sai, not enoguh man power. Don't you read :evil:

Goldeneye comes on for a few hours everyday. In that time he looks at the whole of the FORUMS looking for spam and answering questions. He then checks any reports made against players in game. He then continues his hard work to stop cheaters by looking at any/all logs of transactions and judging if they are cheating or not. There can be lots of these everyday, he then has to warn/ban these players then he goes about his own in game company, checks the forums again and he's off.

Pearlbay doesmuch the same, but less of the in game stuff and more about looking at logs and chatting with upjers.

Both of them have to do this on both realms. NEither of them get paid.

This is why there isn't enough man power to trawl the bloody market looking for "common sense" errors. So far Azer's suggestion is the best you can hope for- a system created barrier against this "spam". But even this is unlikely to happen.

Me, Sally, Azer and loads of others who have posted here have been playing for much longer than you and posting on this forum heping people out for longer than you. We've all seen this suggestions and proposals section have tonnes of amazing ideas. The reason they aren't implemented? The programmers have better things to do liek create more games. They think of little and often rather than few and large, if you get my drift? They would rather have 10 small browser games than focus on 1 single large one. They even take days to respond to editing simple spelling mistakes, yet you expect them to add several lines of code to a part of a game thats many years old and won't have any added effect on their profit?

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 20:19

felixbluindustries wrote:Thats what i sai, not enoguh man power. Don't you read :evil:

Goldeneye comes on for a few hours everyday. In that time he looks at the whole of the FORUMS looking for spam and answering questions. He then checks any reports made against players in game. He then continues his hard work to stop cheaters by looking at any/all logs of transactions and judging if they are cheating or not. There can be lots of these everyday, he then has to warn/ban these players then he goes about his own in game company, checks the forums again and he's off.

Pearlbay doesmuch the same, but less of the in game stuff and more about looking at logs and chatting with upjers.

Both of them have to do this on both realms. NEither of them get paid.

This is why there isn't enough man power to trawl the bloody market looking for "common sense" errors. So far Azer's suggestion is the best you can hope for- a system created barrier against this "spam". But even this is unlikely to happen.

Me, Sally, Azer and loads of others who have posted here have been playing for much longer than you and posting on this forum heping people out for longer than you. We've all seen this suggestions and proposals section have tonnes of amazing ideas. The reason they aren't implemented? The programmers have better things to do liek create more games. They think of little and often rather than few and large, if you get my drift? They would rather have 10 small browser games than focus on 1 single large one. They even take days to respond to editing simple spelling mistakes, yet you expect them to add several lines of code to a part of a game thats many years old and won't have any added effect on their profit?
*Sigh* So I am not permitted to suggest new ideas then because you say they don't have enough time? And I'm not asking them to add several lines of code :shock:

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 22:35

Hey there. :)

I am sorry for this late answer. Maybe I should have posted much earlier so there wouldn't have been such an aggressive athmosphere.

At the moment no such "rule" or any technical blocker for "market spam" is going to be implemented. Maybe it will come some day yet now there are no concrete plans for it.

All players have got a maximum of lots they can put at the market and they should be able to use them.
If you are totally against a "market-spamming" method then you should buy from other players and ignore the "spammers". And if you want to talk to the "common sense" then you should first and foremost talk to those who "abuse" the "common use" and the market.

I hope that there will be no necessity to close this thread. Simply calm down a little bit, please.
Shalom. ;)

Regards
GoldenEye

Post by Guest » 17.05.2009, 02:55

GoldenEye wrote: And if you want to talk to the "common sense" then you should first and foremost talk to those who "abuse" the "common use" and the market.
I did that. And are you saying that it is not common sense to make a proposal if you wan't there to be a new rule? :roll:

Post by Guest » 17.05.2009, 06:25

Jeez m8 calm down!
Why do you continue to take everything people say and come up with hugely imaginative way to try and make them look like the bad guy? He isn