Ingamespamm

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

Ingamespamm

Post by Guest » 15.05.2009, 13:50

http://www.forum.kapilands.com/viewtopic.php?t=37

The post in this link above says that Ingamespamm is prohibited. Why is nothing being done about the spam in the marketplace? Is market spam a exception and somehow not included in the rules? Example: Players spam 20-40 rows of offers, same amount, same price. They could have just made one or two offers but no, they won't leave space for other players.

I can see how exceptions can be made if they use the maximum amount, but they never do.

I quote "rasfast" he put it better then I could:
There should be respect to other players. If you want to promote your product, you should use other methods rather than spamming the market.
Do something about these spam offers that are obviously just there to take up space, remove some of these offers and give the player a warning. That's my advice to make kapilands a better place.

Post by Guest » 15.05.2009, 19:03

You considering it spam doesn't make it spam.

I think the amount of messages you posted about this topic could be considered spam rather then the guy putting many batches on the market.

Post by Guest » 15.05.2009, 19:06

Ronintje wrote:You considering it spam doesn't make it spam.

I think the amount of messages you posted about this topic could be considered spam rather then the guy putting many batches on the market.
Don't bring that nonsense here, you got my other thread for that.

Post by Guest » 15.05.2009, 20:36

00110110 wrote:
Ronintje wrote:You considering it spam doesn't make it spam.

Don't bring that nonsense here, you got my other thread for that.
WHOEIIII being protective are you :P

Lets see, its nonsense cuz it doesn't fit your ideas of wrong and right.

Making mistakes is human, but obviously you aren't human cuz you are perfect and without flaws :)

You must be lucky.

Post by Guest » 15.05.2009, 20:49

It is a repeated use of the same action, so it fits well into the category of spam. Move along.

And please, don't discuss this at here.

Post by Guest » 15.05.2009, 21:35

Your given 40market slots to use as you choose- it costs them money and if you organize the page in the correct way eg price it wont change a damn thing unless they post it cheap in which case it might just take a bit more time to buy up all their wares at a cheaper price- no reason to make 2 different topics about it. Whats your suggestion anyway?

Remove market offers-that has never happened IRL, its called either holding a monopoly over the market(which these people arent ofc) or selling so many little offers it is self advertisment. That is the reason why you can only post 40 offers maximum so something has been done about it. Plus do you think Goldeney or Pearlbay have time to wander through the markets and see what they consider spam or not- They barely have enough time for the forums and bugs let alone market spam.

Post by Guest » 15.05.2009, 22:17

Damn, what is that sound now again, must be those sabotagers again! Keep out of this thread! This is the Suggestions and Proposals section! You guys already have that other thread I made to pick on in the General Stuff section.

There's a lot of people that don't like when other people spam in the market since it doesn't make it easier for anyone. Stop the spam equals more happy people and a better kapilands. Simple as that.

Post by Guest » 15.05.2009, 22:47

Yes Felix, leave the boy alone now to make his proposal.
We already made his day miserable, so lets leave him in peace.
enough is enough. :lol: :wink:

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 03:03

What is the suggestion? Make a rule against "spamming the market"? Why don't you suggest a rule in detail which would go over much better? ;)

Example: You may only have up to 5 market offers for an item, with the same quality and price, at any given time.

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 05:44

Azer Productions wrote:What is the suggestion? Make a rule against "spamming the market"? Why don't you suggest a rule in detail which would go over much better? ;)

Example: You may only have up to 5 market offers for an item, with the same quality and price, at any given time.
You know spam when you see it. And there's no certain number to it. So if you can't recognize spam then that's your problem.

But I have not seen so much spam lately to that extent which I always used to so this is unusual. Maybe bringing the problem to the attention did some good after all.

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 08:27

You obliviously feel passionate about the subject but continually acting aggressively will only put people offside, even if they support your cause. I detest immensely the 'spammers' lining up 20-30 offers of x for no change in price/Q but I have watched both your posts with interest and dislike even more the inflammatory way you

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 08:43

Azer Productions wrote:You may only have up to 5 market offers for an item, with the same quality and price, at any given time.
Very nice rule, will help to bring much more order to the market

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 09:15

[quote="Horizon Holdings"]You obliviously feel passionate about the subject but continually acting aggressively will only put people offside, even if they support your cause. I detest immensely the 'spammers' lining up 20-30 offers of x for no change in price/Q but I have watched both your posts with interest and dislike even more the inflammatory way you

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 09:52

Ok then what is your ideal common sense rule? Or are you suggesting that mods should roam the markets looking for such?

Post by Guest » 16.05.2009, 13:21

Horizon Holdings wrote:Ok then what is your ideal common sense rule? Or are you suggesting that mods should roam the markets looking for such?
When it is obviously spam.