KL coin market

Ideas how the game could be improved and suggestions for subsequent versions of the game. (this is just a space for ideas! We can't guarantee suggestions will be implemented!)

Moderator: moderators

KL coin market

Post by Guest » 23.04.2009, 19:15

KL depends on selling coins for real money. Real life purchasers of coins would get more value from them if there were a KL market for them. Let's have a coin market, operated like the building and tech markets with no 10% fee. This will result in KL selling more coins for money and will also make premium features more accessible to successful accumulators of imaginary assets.

Post by Guest » 24.04.2009, 02:24

I have seen this suggested and shot down more times than I can count.

If I remember currectly, the reason was something about not wanting coins to be compared to products. (Or something like that.)

Post by Guest » 24.04.2009, 04:37

Well, there's no such thing as settled law. Maybe someday the developers will decide that a coin market might result in more coins being sold by the game.

Post by Guest » 26.04.2009, 09:19

Straw Man wrote:Well, there's no such thing as settled law. Maybe someday the developers will decide that a coin market might result in more coins being sold by the game.
I suggest next time you start with reading the forum rules/sticky posts a bit more carefully before posting something.

http://www.forum.kapilands.com/viewtopic.php?t=42

Like Azer wrote, it hasn't been suggested once but already VERY often.
And guess what it has never been implemented.

You can find buyers in the forum and sell without cost.
Its funny how this gets suggested whenever there is a sudden raise of price in one of the 2 realms. :)

Post by Guest » 26.04.2009, 10:20

Ronintje wrote:
I suggest next time you start with reading the forum rules/sticky posts a bit more carefully before posting something.

Its funny how this gets suggested whenever there is a sudden raise of price in one of the 2 realms. :)
Yeah, that link has the definitive answer:

"There wont be a coin market. That means you cannot sell coins like wood etc."

But, as Azer says, people keep suggesting it. It's a popular idea and they can't always find the answer before they post.

Post by Guest » 28.04.2009, 10:13

Straw Man wrote:
Ronintje wrote:

Yeah, that link has the definitive answer:

"There wont be a coin market. That means you cannot sell coins like wood etc."

But, as Azer says, people keep suggesting it. It's a popular idea and they can't always find the answer before they post.
Thats why they used "**READ THIS FIRST**" in the topic.
It might give people the idea to read that thread before posting an idea.....

But obviously it doesn't :lol: 8) :lol:

Post by Guest » 28.04.2009, 11:42

Ronintje wrote:Thats why they used "**READ THIS FIRST**" in the topic.
It might give people the idea to read that thread before posting an idea.....

But obviously it doesn't :lol: 8) :lol:
No, people are creatures of habit, and habits are sloppier on the internet than in paper studies, because the screen is upright, rather than laid out flat, and you can only access one source at a time. Also, entering commands with the keyboard and mouse will never be as intuitive as moving things around with your hands.