Graphics pack issues.

Solved Bugs from Bugs forum can be found here

Moderator: moderators

Graphics pack issues.

Post by Guest » 22.11.2008, 15:35

I tried to look for older threads to see if this was asked before, but I could not track anything down.

The problem is as follows: When I go to change the location of the graphics pack I get an error message stating, "Data could not be changed, because the entered colors are no hexadecimals."(The typo is not mine, it's in the message.)

I tried redownloading the graphics pack and replacing the one that I had been using prior to changing its location on my machine, but I still get the same error. Any ideas?

Post by Guest » 23.11.2008, 14:52

Oh, and by the way: The exact same link to the exact same graphics pack is working perfectly in Realm 2. (My problem is realm 1.)

Post by Guest » 08.01.2009, 20:22

Nearly 7 weeks and still having the problem. Could I at least get a "We're working on it" so I can get my hopes up prior to them being dashed?

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 09.01.2009, 08:22

I am sorry Geneb, it seems I have overlooked your question, as have our moderators during the buys Christmas-season. Please excuse this extreme delay, I am terribly sorry. I am looking into it and will post back as soon as I have a reply for you!
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 09.01.2009, 08:34

Okay, back with an answer:

This sounds like a minor bug, I will notify our programmers and ask them to check.

It seems that you are premium user and have the option of changing your showcase colors in your profile. For some reason, if you change the path of your gfx-pack, this causes a problem with the hexadecimals you have set there.

Either delete them entirely, or change them to different colors, then enter your new gfx-path. It should work then.

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » 10.01.2009, 17:03

Looks like that was the issue. For some reason the text boxes for the colors were empty. I didn't even know they were there, as I have never bothered with the showcase before. I tried putting in the hex numbers from my realm 2 account and chaging the GFX package path to the correct directory, but it gave the same error. Apparently the showcase colors and the GFX package directory had to be changed seperately, which worked like a charm. Thanks alot.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 12.01.2009, 08:01

Great, glad to hear that it worked! :-) Case closed, then! :-)