Stone Producers Union- SPU

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 14:17

sergiurocks506 wrote:I am going to have about 40 mil stones in a week. :wink:

Ihave 70% mines and the rest is expanding. :D
Wicked :) If you know any other big stone roducers get inviting them in!

Also if you can buy up the cheaper offers on the market :D

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 14:22

Company god145145 produces lots of stones, he has 65 mil on the market. :wink:

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 14:50

Not anymore.
I just bought him out completely to raise the price in the market. :P

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 15:01

Well done. :D

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 15:03

Denis Stones and Mining Corp, he could join, he put some on the market for 26,49. :D

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 15:14

Invited :) We're doing well, 40mil stones a day made by our union members! :D All going well! Though that is a tiny fraction guys! C'mon and getting inviting! :D

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 15:21

a suggestion .......

it may not be the wisest thing (in fact some may argue that its right up there with the biggest stupidity in the game) ... to be buying someone's stones from them and then follow it up with a spam private message lecturing them on price and an industry being hurt

tbh I dont understand why some of you expect anything else from a raw material in the market and to expect to 'control' it in the same way that other industries can be is a losing battle imho

good luck with your fight, obviously I understand your sentiments as it is the same with products within the game, but remember that spam is spam and you are relying on your members to behave themselves.......... there is a difference between starting threads and posts on here with your message..... and insulting them with the spam

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 15:29

Two more companies:

White International

Privo

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 15:38

Sergiu: Some of those companies have been invited already. :P
Most regular stone sellers will get a single message, and that's about it.
if they want to join that's great, if they don't, oh well.

I'm keeping track of the names that I invite so I won't send a message to the same person twice.

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 15:40

spudplank wrote:a suggestion .......

it may not be the wisest thing (in fact some may argue that its right up there with the biggest stupidity in the game) ... to be buying someone's stones from them and then follow it up with a spam private message lecturing them on price and an industry being hurt

tbh I dont understand why some of you expect anything else from a raw material in the market and to expect to 'control' it in the same way that other industries can be is a losing battle imho

good luck with your fight, obviously I understand your sentiments as it is the same with products within the game, but remember that spam is spam and you are relying on your members to behave themselves.......... there is a difference between starting threads and posts on here with your message..... and insulting them with the spam
And equally there is a difference between a business message and spam. Spam is the mass sending of pointless mails or mails to which the owner obviously wants no affiliation with. VerConMat simply sent you a message explaining how selling your stones at such a low price was damaging the stone area of the market, which it was by being sold 1.5 caps below the average price.

This might not seem like much but that is a 5.6% drop in prices. And other people followed you up quite quickly, activity like this can cement prices lower. Therefore he bought up your stones to help bring the stone price back up. You put them on the open market so everyone has a right to buy them, you cannot complain.

My final point is you say that he "insulted" you... i have seen all the mails and the only insulting that i can see going on is you accusing him of spamming you, which he never did. On that point I rest my case.
sergiurocks506 wrote:Two more companies:

White International

Privo
to mail? :)

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 16:11

felixbluindustries wrote:
Yes. :wink:

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 16:20

VerConMat Industries BV wrote:Sergiu: Some of those companies have been invited already. :P
Most regular stone sellers will get a single message, and that's about it.
if they want to join that's great, if they don't, oh well.

I'm keeping track of the names that I invite so I won't send a message to the same person twice.
:P
Most of these names that you pull from the market will already have been contacted, that's where we look first.

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 16:23

Ok, sorry. :lol:

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 16:25

Excellent, the price is starting to stabilise. :wink:

It has been at 26,5 for 3 hours now. :D

Post by Guest » 06.02.2010, 16:43

felixbluindustries wrote:

And equally there is a difference between a business message and spam. Spam is the mass sending of pointless mails or mails to which the owner obviously wants no affiliation with. VerConMat simply sent you a message explaining how selling your stones at such a low price was damaging the stone area of the market, which it was by being sold 1.5 caps below the average price.

This might not seem like much but that is a 5.6% drop in prices. And other people followed you up quite quickly, activity like this can cement prices lower. Therefore he bought up your stones to help bring the stone price back up. You put them on the open market so everyone has a right to buy them, you cannot complain.

My final point is you say that he "insulted" you... i have seen all the mails and the only insulting that i can see going on is you accusing him of spamming you, which he never did. On that point I rest my case.
sergiurocks506 wrote:Two more companies:

White International

Privo
you miss my point.... I dont have an issue with him buying the stones... how could I? Just like the spam you are treating me as if i'm stupid lol..... I placed the stones on there to be bought at the price I wanted...... I also have the necessary brain cells to rub together to understand that when fixating on a product and preferring a regular and satisfying price to sell at then its best to buy any product which is considered to be cheap... either to sell on for profit... or just to clear the way to the 'right' price.................. is this not a running theme with most products in the game? (although here for me is one of the issues... yours isnt a normal 'product' is it? its a raw material with an NPC price...... much more unlikely to be 'controlled')........... ultimately the 1.5 and 5.6 mean nothing once I have made the decision that I am happy with what I am doing

the issue I have is with the spam and the attitude within that spam.......... you have your thread already...... you have made your point within that thread.... you are clearly canvassing within the thread

the bottom line for me is do you want your cake and eat it? If it is acceptable to be pm'ing people about stone prices or your 'union' then maybe all that is needed is a link to this thread? I would suggest that is preferable to the patronising tone and the moaning about your industry being hurt

My personal opinion is that if you are going to invade someones inbox with patronising themes and moaning about YOUR industry being hurt then expect the odd hostile reaction