PHISHING ALERT - URGENT - PLEASE READ.

What's going on in Kapilands?
This section is for all about the game itself.

Moderator: moderators

PHISHING ALERT - URGENT - PLEASE READ.

Post by Guest » 14.04.2007, 22:28

I have just received an IGM from "system_" with the following.
Message from System_ , 15.04.07 00:23

Subject SPECIAL AWARD!
Congratulations! Your company has been chosen for one of the most business talented company in Kapilands (along with 10 other comanies)! So please copy and paste us your URL:
Example of URL: kapilands.com/main.php4?page=nachricht&
Just copy adress that is written on the top of your browser and send us that in your reply to us so we can send you your prize!!
note: I'm going to post this accross several forums so hopefully everybody will read it and not have their account deleted. sorry if this is against the rules and i accept any warnings that may be given...

This is NOT official and is an attempt to hijack your browser session and gain access to your account. Your account can be deleted if you answer this IGM.

Do NOT respond to this IGM. The games makers will have your session data available to them in a database anyway.

To nasenprinz and mods: account and all igms sent by him needs deleted immediately.

Post by Guest » 14.04.2007, 23:32

Got the same one and quite francly, even if it is against the rules to post other companynames like this, I fully aprove.

This is a company only created to destroy and never intended to take part of regular gameplay. Message sent to admins

Tycoon
Moderator off duty

Post by Tycoon » 15.04.2007, 05:35

NEVER SEND ANY URL TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!

WE ADMINS NOR OF THE GAME NOR FROM THE FORUM WILL EVER ASK YOU TO SEND US SUCH ADDRESSES FROM YOUR BROWSER!!!

Thanks for the info, will be sorted out asap...

Post by Guest » 15.04.2007, 09:51

All, please be aware that this did not stop. I just received another message from System_:

Subject SPECIAL AWARD!
Congratulations! Your company has been chosen for one of the most business talented company in Kapilands (along with 10 other comanies)!
So please just look at the top of your web browser. Can you see your web adress? Can you see the short word UIN in it? Just copy and send us everything that is written behind that so we can send you your prize!

Example: =e1ae2e0b7e1559afb36ecbb7c1dfd1c3&nr=1107855
Thank you!

Post by Guest » 15.04.2007, 16:28

why is this company not yet banned??? wth are you doing, team?

Post by Guest » 15.04.2007, 21:22

Just got my third message from that company now :x :?

Post by Guest » 16.04.2007, 09:10

Just received another message. Why this company has not been banned yet??????????????????????????????????????? :(

Message from System_ , 16.04.07 11:09

Subject SPECIAL AWARD!
Congratulations! Your company has been chosen for one of the most business talented company in Kapilands (along with 10 other comanies)! But before we can send you your prize, you will have to do one thing.

First log off. Then log on again and look carefuly at the top of your web browser. Can you see the short word =&pass= in your web adress? Just copy everything behind that word.
After that go and send me a message and paste me what you have just copied.
It is extremly important that you copy everything right after you log on, before doing anything else.
Then we will send you your prize!
Thank you!

Post by Guest » 16.04.2007, 12:03

If you go stats and search company the company

System_

Does not exist.

So therefore either u will not get anymore messages, or the bot can still send messages from the company System_ even though its been deleted!

In anycase just make sure you DO NOT give any details to anyone.

Post by Guest » 16.04.2007, 13:22

yes i lost my company yesterday, i was in a hurry, so i didnt reconize there was a hacker active, im glad nasenprinz help me right away, because he know me, from another conversation.
so im back now, and there is just a little damage to my company.

SO PEOPLE BE AWARE!!!!!

Post by Guest » 16.04.2007, 14:05

Phoenix Oil wrote:If you go stats and search company the company

System_

Does not exist.
It seems the company has been deleted around noon CET.

Tycoon
Moderator off duty

Post by Tycoon » 16.04.2007, 21:30

No, this company did not send any further messages after the deletion.

@AVIA: my info was, that two companies sent their urls to that company, but nothing happened to these accounts! And if you know Nasenprinz, you also should have known not to send an url... this is an "old" issue in Kapi....

@all: People should also take care of the texts they are reading: if you read a message, this warning not to send an url comes each time... so BEFORE you reply, you will automatically see the message... you just have to read it.

And: things happen... even on a weekend... We sent several warnings, there are lots of threads here in the forum on this. It was an issue in the chat...

So everybody should be able to have one day of a weekend... even programmers ;-) (although just to inform you: yesterday was an exemption, usually they also work on the weekends..... so no need to worry in my opinion^^

Post by Guest » 18.04.2007, 19:43

Message from KapiTeam , 18.04.07 20:59

Subject SPECIAL AWARD!
Congratulations! Your company has been chosen for one of the most business talented company in Kapilands (along with 20 other comanies)! But before we can send you your prize, you will have to do one thing.

First log off. Then log on again and look carefuly at the top of your web browser. Can you see the short word =&pass= in your web adress? Just copy everything behind that word. .......
I suggest to ban the whole IP address, if possible, it is not difficult to create new company and try again...

Tycoon
Moderator off duty

Post by Tycoon » 18.04.2007, 20:40

IP addresses can change every minute....

Post by Guest » 18.04.2007, 20:59

do you think its a computer not just a hacker?

the message is incredibly annoying

And i do say is there a way to get rid of him or her for you cant realy ip ban (you can but it can change very fast)

Post by Guest » 19.04.2007, 10:17

was this also a hacker:
Your new adress: xxxx
Your new e-mail password: xxxx

This will be your new e-mail adress. Please go to Profile settings and change it! After that send us a reply so we can activate your e-mail adress. Please take this message seriously because you will lose right to use any e-mail adress if you don't change it in 7 days!
REMEMBER NOT TO TELL YOUR E-MAIL ADRESS OR ITS PASSWORD TO ANYONE!!!