POLL: KapiTimes Contest: Choose the contest industry!

What's going on in Kapilands?
This section is for all about the game itself.

Moderator: moderators

Which industry do you want to see in the next contest?

Poll ended at 15.03.2012, 20:55

Factory
23%
Well
13%
Car Factory
26%
Joinery
No votes
Toy Factory
16%
Jewels Factory
No votes
Chemical Plant
3%
Ice Factory
19%

Total votes: 31

POLL: KapiTimes Contest: Choose the contest industry!

Post by Guest » 03.03.2012, 20:55

Hello Kapilanders!

A long time ago, KapiTimes allowed its readers to choose the contest-product,
We're doing something similar, yet a little different this time.

This time, you get to choose the contest industry!

The industries that you can choose from are industries that have not been used in any contests since KapiTimes came under new management late last year.
Of course as this poll is about the industry, we won't be taking suggestions for a specific product,
the product will remain a surprise until the contest starts. :)

POLL rules:
-You can choose only one (1) option in the list above.
-You cannot edit your vote in this poll.
-The poll will run until Thursday, March 15th 2012 - 21:55 Servertime.
-The winning item will be used in the next contest.
-If there's two winners, KapiTimes management will choose one out of those two.

Re: POLL: KapiTimes Contest: Choose the contest industry!

Post by Guest » 04.03.2012, 17:40

Unfortunately, Fruit plantations aren't in the list as fruit has already been used once 'under new management'. ;)
The last contest of 2011 was Apples Q2. :) (11-12-2011 - 23-12-2011)

Post by Guest » 05.03.2012, 10:38

I think that contest should be only for factories that dont bring any profit like ice factory, mines, fruit plantation, butcher shop etc or buildings that expand hard 2m/hour. from other side they dont have to be joinery contest or for HQ stuff like Q13 tables. In other words they should help small companies to grow quick and keep them interested in game by building new buildings for every new contest and investing small amount of resources in final product. (to build a cabrio they will spend 180k and make only 50k profit and opposite for a strawberry ice cream they will spend 200 at maximum and will sell for 9000) Also i dont recomend the contests that involve only 1 building to make the final product like jeans (textiles are made in the same building) and opposite will be tyres for example that involve rubber from plantation that is a building that brings less profit.

Post by Guest » 07.03.2012, 18:43

Toyfactory definitely. Don't have any of the other buildings listed :)

Post by Guest » 07.03.2012, 20:51

I'm playing for more than 1,5 year and there was never well or toys contest.
Well is not as good for contest, because it has only 1 product that worth it - oil (water contest is a non-sense one)
Toys - only 3 products, but it was a very long time absent.

Post by Guest » 08.03.2012, 16:41

That's right, it's been a long time since there was a contest that uses the Toy factory.

Simple statistic:
There are just over 100 products on Kapilands in total, only 3 of them come out of the Toy Factory.
So there's only a 3% chance of a Toy Factory item getting picked,
and with only about 25 contests a year, it might take a few years before one gets picked. ;)

Post by Guest » 09.03.2012, 21:13

VerConMat Industries BV wrote:That's right, it's been a long time since there was a contest that uses the Toy factory.

Simple statistic:
There are just over 100 products on Kapilands in total, only 3 of them come out of the Toy Factory.
So there's only a 3% chance of a Toy Factory item getting picked,
and with only about 25 contests a year, it might take a few years before one gets picked. ;)
Using that kind of math, there will not be any product from the plantage for a couple of years. 8-)

Post by Guest » 11.03.2012, 02:56

Using that math, it can take a while indeed.

Of course the math isn't entirely correct as the contest-product is picked manually and not randomly.
I do try to mix up the buildings, using products from all of the different industries as we go along with these contests.
There are 19 different industries, so each industry can be picked at least once a year. ;)

Post by Guest » 14.03.2012, 18:27

VerConMat Industries BV wrote:...
There are 19 different industries, so each industry can be picked at least once a year. ;)
Picking from industry list not from product list make more sense for me.

Post by Guest » 15.03.2012, 16:03

Is there a place where I can see what were the products of the passed contests? Its good for new players to know

Post by Guest » 15.03.2012, 17:03

Yes, in game click on 'stats' scroll down to the bottom and click on 'contest stats' on the left, use the dropdown box to view each contest. :)

Post by Guest » 16.03.2012, 10:08

I think that whatever it will be, it needs more production facilities involved. What makes the contest more fun is higher qualities. For instance this CPU contest was Q4 and could easily produced by setting CPU just on Q16 and silicon Q0. high Qs, >6 makes the contest more fun, because then you really need to buy/produce higher quality silicon to make these CPUs.

Post by Guest » 16.03.2012, 10:13

I dont agree with you. Contest helps new player that dont have high quality researces.

Post by Guest » 16.03.2012, 11:36

biggrig wrote:I dont agree with you. Contest helps new player that dont have high quality researces.
AGREE with u...people above you is only thin about them self...if all people think about them self, this game is for sure gonna die since no new players and lots of small player quit playing this game as they don't have enough money and gets bored...