The point of current contest

What's going on in Kapilands?
This section is for all about the game itself.

Moderator: moderators

The point of current contest

Post by Guest » 06.12.2010, 00:03

Seriously, what is it? The one with most cash can buy the most of contest product from the npc ... and the contest product has already had lower supply than demand. No advantage for small companies, no real challenge in the contest.

Or do i not see some hidden point of the contest?
Last edited by Guest on 06.12.2010, 08:49, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » 06.12.2010, 00:21

i think it might have something to do with saturating the power being produced by large power suppliers like myself so the smaller companies can use the sudden drop in production of gas and oil (due to us all hoarding our power to win the competition at the last minute) to sell their lower qualities for a higher profit margin, though this is wild speculation.

Post by Guest » 06.12.2010, 00:34

It's just a who can throw enough caps in the pot contest as far as i can see, but in a way aren't they all anyway?

Don't think gas and oil come into it either, wouldn't of thought that many in those trades would be wasting building slots for pp's and would just be buying power at .25/.27/npc already.

Post by Guest » 06.12.2010, 00:39

Cash: 722,179,732.65

Post by Guest » 06.12.2010, 00:41

and on a point, i wonder who is going to be better off after this competition? the person who puts up 10 billion power at a cost of 0.03, so 300,000,000 or the person who spends 2.7 billion, and at the next stage up 3 billion versus 27 billion, depending how high the product amounts are for this competition.

Post by Guest » 06.12.2010, 01:56

maybe the people in charge are trying to pull some kaps out of the system? it's a money sink. that's the only reason i can see a contest for power being useful.

Post by Guest » 06.12.2010, 09:01

yeah Guthrie, thats the only reasonable explanation so far. but even with that reasoning, i fail to see why just pump the cash instead of redistributing it to the smaller companies.

Re: The point of current contest

Post by Guest » 06.12.2010, 18:06

GREED inc. wrote:Seriously, what is it?
Fully agree.

When I saw what is the contest product I stunned. Without words. Worst contest product ever seen while playing kapilands.

Even for me as power producer this contest seems stupid. I can send in all my power for contest, but player with other more profitable business can buy more power from npc and send in. So what can I? I have already sent in all my power to contest, nothing to sell in market, no income, no profit and the same time I need reserve money for production. Only one way - buy coins.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :wink:

Post by Guest » 06.12.2010, 18:41

Before we get bogged down in a conspiracy theory let me repeat the contest description in the KapiTimes:
[...] the contest shall only bring some variety to the game.
That's the main objective of the contest: to make the game more interesting, add some more "action" to it.
And this contest is a very interesting one as you cannot see or guess/calculate (In other contests you can always calculate a rough amount.) how much of the contest product has been sent in. You do not only need to calculate as you always have to calculate in contests:This time you also have to gamble more than in all contests before. ;) That's what makes this contest so special. Everybody is able to get some units of the contest product and therefore so many people are able to take part in the contest. And because it is so easy to get the contest product you need to gamble more than usual... the competition is simply harder this time.

Always keep two things in mind:
1) The contest shall add some variety to the game - and this one is clearly able to do so. :)
2) The contest-product is always wrong and bad. :mrgreen:

@ greenPOWER: Well - your dilemma isn't really a dilemma, isn't it? That's a usual constellation - possible miscalculations, "sub-optimal" investments, a lack of money. It's now up to you to make the best of this situation. Isn't this a nice fillip? What else do you need? :D

Personally I am very excited to see the amounts at the end of the contest and especially the differences between the different players.

Post by Guest » 06.12.2010, 19:46

I participate in contests only to get certificate. This time the same.

Btw, how much score points are for gold medal? Has anyone calculated how much first place have to spend caps to get gold medal? Maybe it is cheaper to buy coins and status symbols to get the same amount of score points. In contests risk comes along too.

Post by Guest » 06.12.2010, 23:02

Can we do water nest contest?

Post by Guest » 07.12.2010, 17:43

@ greenPOWER: Isn't the contest also about thrill, action and fun? :)
Not everything that you can "earn" has to be measured in points.

@ jinny1: We'll see what we'll get... :mrgreen:

Post by Guest » 07.12.2010, 18:06

You know, first reaction of everything unusual and new is: Wtf, No no no, bad, why. But after a while we get used and everything is fine.

It was unusual to get npc product as contest item. But slowly we get used to it. :D

Post by Guest » 08.12.2010, 16:17

Lotta kool-aid getting swallowed. :wink:

Post by Guest » 08.12.2010, 18:09

personnaly as a new player this contest is a big LOL...

I use to sell my power until last week for about 0.24/0.25 by contract to people purchasing on the forum...Does this contest make the price sky rocket so i can sell my power over the ''usual market price'' ?
I dont think so since the ''usual market price'' in that case is limited by NPC at 0.27 caps.

New player who rely heavily on contest to make a fortune to expand will have to wait next time.

The fact that it remove money from the game or not dont realy change nothing imo ... people will always addapt to the economy...less $ = drop in price ... more $ = price increasing due to ppl willing to spend more money.ofc this is just generaly speaking.

As for me and contest since i joined this game about 2 month back...i could not participate in any of them due to the lvl of required items to send.This one i could if i wanted ....but for what .. i already stoped selling power cause i can barely supply my own self with my company expanding.

No biggies tho since im in no rush to reach high rank and be faced with special building quest and such.
Im still a big newbie in a veterant land :)