Important about Gas Prices!

What's going on in Kapilands?
This section is for all about the game itself.

Moderator: moderators

Post by Guest » 15.07.2010, 19:25

Well it's not quite that - for around 40 caps you can sell it on the market. In shops - you can sell it much higher. I'd say 80+1*Q might be accurate for low quality gas ;)

Post by Guest » 17.07.2010, 13:46

Related question:
those of you who retail, do you fill up stock every day even if it hasn't sold out or do you let it sell out and then restock?

Is there a difference?

I have no input on the actual topic at hand as I don't retail what others are. I seem to be alone in doing what I am doing. :mrgreen: But I do keep to an average sale time of 48h.

Post by Guest » 17.07.2010, 15:36

Only visit the shop if you think the new stats would give you a better price.

Post by Guest » 18.07.2010, 02:54

Well as far as I know - there's no difference between only visiting stores and restocking them. Only the quantity and the quality of good that were sold is important.

I visit/restock my stores few time a day - but it's a part of my tactics. I think that using this method helps me to make a small contribution to raising avg. price everyday. But still - I use 72-96hrs cycle to sell my gas :D

And well - I've contacted all the players selling gas on the large scale (top40) and I've received a positive response from most of them. Still there's someone ruining avg. price.

:D

Re: Important about Gas Prices!

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 08:45

dpdsbd wrote:Hello,

I wrote it to you in the game but I'll write it here as well - having low prices is probably because of your gas stations are on the wrong locations. Gas prices have never been so high so far. A month ago quality 29 was 63 caps in my stations, now quality 29 costs 80 caps in the same stations of mine.
I don't wanna write the whole thing again, so I'll copy-paste the message you have received from me:
Sofia Gas Company wrote:About the price going down - it's not true. A month ago quality 29 was 63 caps in my stations, now the same quality costs 80 caps. The price depends on your advertisements, gas stations locations and the qualities of gas and oil you have researched. And your profit depends also on the total area of your stations. Before I started expanding my stations I used to get 1,200,000,000 per day from gas and by my calculations when the expansion is finished I will get at least 3,000,000,000 per day from gas. The pure profit will be much more than that.
And your method isn't profitable. I sell my gas in 24-26 hours cycle. Let me give you an example: if you set the price at 87 caps in order to sell the quantity (10,000,000 of gas, for instance) for 48 hours at the end of these 48 hours you will get 870,000,000 caps. With my method for the same quantity I will get twice as you get - 1,740,000,000 caps. :)
And again - these numbers are just for example. It's not necessary to be considered real.

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 09:07

Not in the gas industry but those figures in the IGM do not add up at all in your example you seem to be saying you both sell at 87 one of you over 24 hrs and one 48+hrs, obviously the price on the longer sales time would be higher and the profit from that gas would be higher, the only thing your achieving on the 24 hrs is less profit per unit and a faster sales time surely?

I know it says your figures aren't real but how are you proving anything sending a IGM with figures you couldn't even be bothered working out?

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 09:29

Some users in the Bulgarian server thought the same way as you do - that higher price and longer sales time brings more profit. But it took me 3 weeks to convinse them and prove they were wrong. Yes, you get less profit per unit but in the end you have much more total profit. Because with my method I pay 1 billion twice a month for producing and research and in the rest of the time I only sell. 28 times 3 000 000 000 (the profit I will have in about 4 months from now) is 84 000 000 000. With his method he will have 42 000 000 000 for a month. Which is why I will develop my company faster than he will. With my method I collected 32,353,337,573.78

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 09:59

Ok but if you are producing the gas also have you taken into consideration the other person producing and retailing over a longer period (say for example you both have same production/retail outlets) will still have the extra stock left to sell? They might not of earned profit as fast but they have the gas, also again you have just doubled the profit figure in the above post is this a genuine calculation?

Re: Important about Gas Prices!

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 10:13

rado84 wrote:Gas prices have never been so high so far. A month ago quality 29 was 63 caps in my stations, now quality 29 costs 80 caps in the same stations of mine.
True :)
I'm very lazy atm, and don't want to set all my buildings...
So I just set my gas stations, because They have a really high profit atm :)

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 10:43

NYK wrote:Ok but if you are producing the gas also have you taken into consideration the other person producing and retailing over a longer period (say for example you both have same production/retail outlets) will still have the extra stock left to sell? They might not of earned profit as fast but they have the gas, also again you have just doubled the profit figure in the above post is this a genuine calculation?
It's not a genuine calculation but I'll leave the facts to speak for themselves: I started playing on Realm 2 about 16 months ago (if we don't account the pause of ~ 8 months caused by the death of my previous computer) and now I'm on 18th place in stats by cash. I have approximately 5 times less fixed assets than gassy but I have more cash than him collected in about 3 weeks +/- 4 days.

P.S. I just "jumped" from quality 29 to quality 38 which is now being sold for 92 caps in my stations. Now tell me again that gas prices are too low... :lol:

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 10:57

Gas prices are too low...

Was that good enough for you or do you want me to say it with a French accent? :)

ze gas prices er tu leau

:lol:

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 11:10

ive been asked even offered good gas quality research .. my one answer was always NO thanks.. this is why .. if you think gas prices are getting higher, look at those ...

Ive realized that gas prices are way lower than any day given of those jackets and my tvs sales

all those buildings are situated in germany and are at similar size 24700
+/- 100 meters

my gas station sales about 10400 gas per hour of price 135= 1.404.000

my eshop sales 286 tvs price of 8000 = 2.288.000

textile shop sales 766 jackets at price of 6000 = 4.596.000
Last edited by Guest on 21.07.2010, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 11:11

rado84 wrote:
NYK wrote:Ok but if you are producing the gas also have you taken into consideration the other person producing and retailing over a longer period (say for example you both have same production/retail outlets) will still have the extra stock left to sell? They might not of earned profit as fast but they have the gas, also again you have just doubled the profit figure in the above post is this a genuine calculation?
It's not a genuine calculation but I'll leave the facts to speak for themselves: I started playing on Realm 2 about 16 months ago (if we don't account the pause of ~ 8 months caused by the death of my previous computer) and now I'm on 18th place in stats by cash. I have approximately 5 times less fixed assets than gassy but I have more cash than him collected in about 3 weeks +/- 4 days.

P.S. I just "jumped" from quality 29 to quality 38 which is now being sold for 92 caps in my stations. Now tell me again that gas prices are too low... :lol:
Without genuine calculations I fail to see what the facts actually are, I don't know how gassy spend his caps or what he invests in so the amount of caps someone had in comparison means nothing, so your posts haven't actually proven anything so far just gas priced lower than other companies sells faster which was already quite obvious, with retail I thought the idea was to improve the stats price to gain better prices for your products how does your method of sales improve the stats?

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 11:32

nnas wrote:ive been asked even offered good gas quality research .. my one answer was always NO thanks.. this is why .. if you think gas prices are getting higher, look at those ...

Ive realized that gas prices are way lower than any day given of those jackets and my tvs sales

all those buildings are situated in germany and are at similar size 24700
+/- 100 meters

my gas station sales about 10400 gas per hour of price 135= 1.404.000

my eshop sales 286 tvs price of 8000 = 2.288.000

textile shop sales 766 jackets at price of 6000 = 4.596.000
How much could you sell gas at if you were to sell on the same 27 day cycle that you sell your leather jackets ?

Post by Guest » 21.07.2010, 13:17

NYK wrote:Without genuine calculations I fail to see what the facts actually are, I don't know how gassy spend his caps or what he invests in so the amount of caps someone had in comparison means nothing, so your posts haven't actually proven anything so far just gas priced lower than other companies sells faster which was already quite obvious, with retail I thought the idea was to improve the stats price to gain better prices for your products how does your method of sales improve the stats?
Perhaps if you stop nagging at me and remove the lids from your eyes you will be able to see and understand what I'm talking about. Well, whatever - we'll talk about this again in 1 or 2 months from now when I go to the top 3 by cash and gassy's still in his current position.
I could explain it detailed to you how my method works better than his one but I don't like your attitude. I've helped by advicing a few gas companies in the Bulgarian server to reach my current stats much faster than it took me to do it. But the difference between them and you is that they take a note from the more experienced players and they don't nag at me when I contradict to their point of view what's good or bad for the profit.