NPCs should stop selling to big corps

What's going on in Kapilands?
This section is for all about the game itself.

Moderator: moderators

NPCs should stop selling to big corps

Post by Guest » 05.06.2010, 15:57

Does anyone else think it would be better for the game if larger corps (by certain rank) can no longer purchase from those NPC companies with fixed prices - for stuff like seeds, steel, wood, stones etc... ?

Inflation of prices rocks everything else except those goods. And those NPCs prices discourages players from producing those goods since they can make much bigger profit on something else that NPCs dont sell and thus can be sold with big profit margin no worry of some artificial pricing on market.

What do you think?

Post by Guest » 05.06.2010, 16:06

Well I am one of those so called big boys.

If the NPC goes away, there isnt enough wood for my daily work, so I need to make it all myself, which causes me to spend less, causes small players to earn less and grow slower, discouraging even more.

Post by Guest » 05.06.2010, 16:07

Also, prices will go skyhigh and no1 can afford it, so eventually it'll come to a standstill and the economy is ruined. It will take months to recover and in those months many players who pay for the game quit.

Post by Guest » 05.06.2010, 16:50

Yeah I suppose I didnt think it through too much.

I have a high rank now as well only because I recently sold a lot of coins and was just thinking how must it sucks for some of the guys who produce these raw materials how they cant really adjust their prices for the inflation going on.

Post by Guest » 05.06.2010, 17:22

vorius wrote:Yeah I suppose I didnt think it through too much.

I have a high rank now as well only because I recently sold a lot of coins and was just thinking how must it sucks for some of the guys who produce these raw materials how they cant really adjust their prices for the inflation going on.
However, raw materials have nice profits as well since they are cheap and easy to make and very fast at producing. :wink:

Post by Guest » 05.06.2010, 17:58

Small companies will buy from th NPC and then sell to the big corp, wouldn't work. make small companies nice money but will ruin the economy like jan said. been proposed several times.

Post by Guest » 05.06.2010, 20:16

I'd be in trouble if it wasn't for the NPC.

I deliver quite a few stones to the market at regular intervals (100 million stones and above each time),
but there's barely any steel suppliers that are on the market.
Steel Q0 isn't even profitable so corporations would be 'forced' to buy high quality steel for expansions, I wouldn't like that.

I personally always try to buy my items from players instead of the NPC,
but as the player supply is low for Q0 steel and wood, I end up buying most of my demand from the NPC later on.

[ This comment is mainly about the situation in Realm 2, I'm not sure if Realm 1 is similar. ]

Post by Guest » 05.06.2010, 20:30

VerConMat Industries BV wrote:
I personally always try to buy my items from players instead of the NPC,
but as the player supply is low for Q0 steel and wood, I end up buying most of my demand from the NPC later on.
Yeah exactly, because with the NPC selling steel at that rate it is unprofitable for players to produce so the supply will be negligible, which is why I thought of this idea but I realize now it is ill-conceived. I wasn't thinking through it all very well