Who uses coins for anything other than ads or premium?

What's going on in Kapilands?
This section is for all about the game itself.

Moderator: moderators

Who uses coins for anything other than ads or premium?

Post by Guest » 24.04.2010, 18:31

I buy coins for my premium acct... and have placed a few ads. I see there is a HUGE demand for coins. Who buys coins for just to sell them for cash? Do you feel like you are cheating your company by pumping it up with real currency?

I think its great that people buy coins... certainly helps keep Kapi around. Just wondered what everyone's thoughts are about them.

Post by Guest » 24.04.2010, 18:33

Some (stupid) people buy status symbols with them. :wink:

Even though this is not profitable any more technically. :P

And, well, lots of people want coins to update their premium. :D

So that is why there is always a demand. :wink:

Post by Guest » 24.04.2010, 18:50

In realm 2 coins are cheap, so many players can afford a premium (not like in realm one, one month's premium is 7bil!!)

Post by Guest » 24.04.2010, 18:52

I sell more coins than I buy, usually. Buying 10-50 pounds every now and again gives my company a real boost. I occasionally buy coins from other people but only when I am stuck for cash in real life. Lots of people buy coins, and many of the early company s have bought their fare share of coins. Supposedly back in the old days (2007) most people bought their owns coins for PA but more and more people now buy from others. I am not cheating my company, just supporting Upjers.

I am guessing you are on Realm2. Quinn-Group keeps the market going usually and supplies lots of people and I can name several others who buys coins regularly and sell them. There isn't much supply at the minute is because a while back so many coins were bought at one time, the market was nearly flooded. Now Quinn hasn't sold for a while and the others are waiting for better prices because the price is horrible compared to Realm1. Like I won't be buying any more coins on Realm2 till the price goes above 80million as it is so much better to get them on Realm1.

If the price goes up, supply will. A lot of people want a higher coins price on realm2 and so they won't sell till they get a good offer. So in my opinion, if you want coins up your price. There aren't really that many PA accounts but alot of people amassing them, mostly to avoid leveling and investing at the same time.

If you are on Realm1, the price is so high and at times hard to get coins, is because there is so many PA accounts.

felix, please don't tell us that buying coins is cheating again.

Post by Guest » 24.04.2010, 21:31

I use the coins that I buy for both premium and sales to get some extra money.

Post by Guest » 25.04.2010, 11:22

sergiurocks506 wrote:Some (stupid) people buy status symbols with them. :wink:

Wow wow,

i think you called me stupid. Well, i bought afghanistan with coins ( estimate one coin 340mill,) and sold it for around 350mill each coin.

You see the profit? Cant calculate now.

Also,

i buy coins, premium and sell...Nothing else.

Post by Guest » 25.04.2010, 11:46

thomisback wrote:

Wow wow,

i think you called me stupid. Well, i bought afghanistan with coins ( estimate one coin 340mill,) and sold it for around 350mill each coin.

Also,

You sold an Afghan for 43.75 billion? :shock:

Woah, who would buy that? :P

175 million caps per point, lol. :P

Post by Guest » 25.04.2010, 11:47

sergiurocks506 wrote:
thomisback wrote:

Wow wow,

Also,

You sold an Afghan for 43.75 billion? :shock:

Woah, who would buy that? :P

175 million caps per point, lol. :P
Close to that, 48bill or something

Post by Guest » 25.04.2010, 11:49

*faints of shock*

Post by Guest » 25.04.2010, 13:11

Don't really believe that. Though Winta UK. Claims he can sell status symbols for 25million a point on realm2.

Post by Guest » 25.04.2010, 13:43

kingrewt wrote:Don't really believe that. Though Winta UK. Claims he can sell status symbols for 25million a point on realm2.

I dont claim, i did.....
If kapilands would let me show record of my contracts then i could prove it

Post by Guest » 25.04.2010, 15:59

Then the person who bought it is an idiot. If people actually read nad interacted with the forum they would know what prices really are. Pff I have no sympathy.
Though I also struggle to believe a player got that much money without knowing rough prices of status symbols.

How could someone get that much money, but not know how to actually play.... oh yeah mass buying of coins.

I accept buying maybe 200-500coins a month for yourself and to sell on sure. That's perfectly fine by me. The people I don't appreciate though are those that buy 10,000+ coins as soon as they join and just sell them on for cash, then buy more coins and just sell them on, then more and sell them on, and more and sell them on. Everntually they will have lots of money... but they won't have actually played the game properly...

I have said it once and I will say it again these people ARE moral cheaters. They are boosting themselves to the top of the cash rankings etc without actually playing. I'm sure upjers loves these people, and I don't mind it under this single condition:
-They actually play the game.
If a person buys a load of coins to get a load of money, so that they can then set up a really good business to make them movre money. Or if they buy coins to expand their business. That's all fine and dandy for me. They're "speeding up" the money making process, if they're 3-4years behind then they deserve that. Those that get loads of coins and dont actually sell any products and end up with trils(hint hint), just to get to the top of the rankings, then after that they may consider playing the game properly. They aren't playing the game, so they shouldnt be ranked wwell i nthe game. They're playing the pockets of upjers to happy tunes.

Post by Guest » 25.04.2010, 16:31

kingrewt wrote:Don't really believe that. Though Winta UK. Claims he can sell status symbols for 25million a point on realm2.
He doesnt, he never got more than 11 mil per point and that was only once. :wink:

Post by Guest » 25.04.2010, 16:44

@felix
Yes, some buy lots of coins to gain a boost (or to get high ranked).
But they are the ones who make this game free and running, they are the ones paying for the servers.

I'm not competing with players that sell coins (because that's kinda pointless xD) but I do compete with everyone else. (ignoring the sellers)

I'm glad they support upjers and this awesome game, and I too buy coins from them monthly :)

btw, some of the coin sellers, bought coins early in the game, seeing there prices will go up, and sold them when the prices are high and now got loads of money.

Post by Guest » 25.04.2010, 16:53

sergiurocks506 wrote:
He doesnt, he never got more than 11 mil per point and that was only once. :wink:
How come he pays me 15million per point?