A pissed off customer!!

What's going on in Kapilands?
This section is for all about the game itself.

Moderator: moderators

A pissed off customer!!

Post by Guest » 04.04.2008, 09:12

I am writing this in a pissed off mood right now, I would send it directly to Kapi but cannot find anywhere (in english anyways) to write to them.
My son and I having been playing Kapilands for a bit now, I went to log in today to find that my account has been cancelled, my son also tried to log in and his was also cancelled. I personally think this is unfair and stupid!
They accused us of cheating. Why? Because we help each other out? ummm I thought this was a business simulation game,,take a look at the world,,,how the hell do you think big business became big business!! By helping each other! I have had my messages spammed with guys wanting me to join this clan and that clan and offering me products at cheap prices so long as I returned the favour and gave up my products cheap,,is this not the same thing?
Yes we logged in on the same computer (although never at the same time) because I have 8 kids and can't afford 8 seperate internet connections! We used our own email address with our own names (although he is a junior, have a birth certificate to prove it!) So where is the cheating??? I have since read the rules and found the clause about only one account per household and thats the part I think is stupid!!! This is a great game that helps with math skills and gives a good representation of how the world works business wise and have recommended it to a bunch of my friends with kids but will now have to tell them to forget it and not waste their time. I think kapi should change this rule so that families can have some common ground with thier kids and help thier kids with math at the same time. I also think this game would be great in schools to helps kids learn and give them something fun at the same time.
My teenage son and I finally had something to talk about on a regular basis that was helping us grow closer together now he can't play and is so mad that he has no interest in it anymore, thanks Kapi for destroying a bonding experience with me and my son that was helping him in school to!! You should really be ashamed of yourselves!!
I will keep playing (starting all over again) because I have made some good friends on here (and am addicted) but I will not purchase a membership like i was going to because frankly I don't think they deserve my hard earned money!!! :evil:

Post by Guest » 04.04.2008, 09:32

If your account is not "unbanned" and you do start over, can you please igm me, or post here, your new company name?

I would like to help you get back to where you left off.

Argon

Post by Guest » 04.04.2008, 09:42

Thanks for your support Argon, I just igm'd you in Kapi.

Post by Guest » 04.04.2008, 12:22

i really do feel sorry for you and your son
i hope your son is not devastated with that

I will help you at all ways possible and help you and your son end up where u started before asap

BTW, what is your and your son's company name?

Post by Guest » 04.04.2008, 13:23

Unfortunatley, my son is to afraid (and mad) to start again for fear of being banned again. I am trying to convince him to start again (maybe with a school computer or library or even possibly a friends), but for now I think he is just to frustrated after putting all that work and effort in for nothing.
I however have started again because like i said I have a made a few good friends on here and don't really want to lose that.
My new company name is Microtek Solutions.
Now that I have the knowledge from the first time hopefully it won't take me as long to build back up. :)

Post by Guest » 04.04.2008, 13:36

jesus christ!!! how old is your son?

Post by Guest » 04.04.2008, 13:39

I stand by the rule. If you play on the same computer with a family member no trading is allowed between you AND you have to let an Admin know. Why is this rule here? To keep cheaters away. Most cheaters seem to make multiple accounts then trade between them to increase the "mains" cash flow. If we remove this rule it will open up a flood of new people cheating.

As to trade unions promising "cheat products", you have to keep in mind there is a rule against trading unfairly. You cannot sell someone stone at 2c when the average price is much higher. If you do, your account could be looked into and possible banned. However, you can sell your stone 18c when the average price is 24. :wink:

Edit: You can always send a message to the game Admins: Zbombe, pearlbay or GoldenEye. (Zbombe and pearlbay usually respond faster.)
Last edited by Guest on 04.04.2008, 13:40, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » 04.04.2008, 13:39

My son is almost 14.

Post by Guest » 04.04.2008, 13:53

Azer
I agree that it is wrong for a person to have multi accounts, however I must disagree with your concept of selling. I have a few points to make on this.
1. If it was so wrong, why do they give you the ability to send products for free after you reach a certain level? why not just keep it so that you have to charge money?
2. If I build a product for a certain amount (say .2c) then who cares what my profit margin is so long as they are being sold by contract and not on the market. should it not be my choice to decide my how much money i make?
3. refering to above, There are a lot of people selling products on the market for a lot less than what it costs to make them (eg 300 for adverts, when it cost almost 1000 to make them, or e-comps for 70 when they cost a 100 and up to make) but yet nothing is done about them.

Zbombe

Post by Zbombe » 04.04.2008, 14:15

Hello.

Here you can find a possible reason why you was locked: LINK

Sincerely,
Zbombe
Company: Oil Productions (Realm1+2)
The rules of the game you can fine here: click
The general rules of the board you can find here: click <<- BRAND NEW

Post by Guest » 04.04.2008, 14:35

ChatWizard wrote:1. If it was so wrong, why do they give you the ability to send products for free after you reach a certain level? why not just keep it so that you have to charge money?
The reason you have the ability to send products for 0.00 is that there are "gift" status symbols that can ONLY be traded at 0.00.
ChatWizard wrote:2. If I build a product for a certain amount (say .2c) then who cares what my profit margin is so long as they are being sold by contract and not on the market. should it not be my choice to decide my how much money i make?
You should and can pick what your price is however, there comes a time when your price is MUCH to high or low to be fair to the rest of the game. That means EXTREME prices: stone for 2 when the average is 24, Wardrobes for 10,000 when the average is 3,000, etc.
ChatWizard wrote:3. refering to above, There are a lot of people selling products on the market for a lot less than what it costs to make them (eg 300 for adverts, when it cost almost 1000 to make them, or e-comps for 70 when they cost a 100 and up to make) but yet nothing is done about them.
Ads cost less than 300 when produced in green, where they are produced by most players. E-comps cost 27 to produce in green aswell. (Not all building should be placed in the red zone.)

Post by Guest » 04.04.2008, 16:07

Azer: I don't disagree with the logic behind what you are saying, it is frustrating when you put a product on the market for a fair price just to have someone come behind you and put theirs for a ridiculously low price, that makes yours just sit there. My question was simply this, if it is a mutual contract between two businesess where one is giving one product for a certain price and the other is sending another product back for a certain price and it doesn't affect anyone other than the two parties mentioned,, is this not just fair trade? you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours kinda thing? I am not trying to be ignorant i am simply trying to understand. I have only been playing for a few months so I am still kinda new to the whole thing. It was my understanding that this is a business simulation game and any business I have been a part of has worked in this way.
Zbombe: I read the post from your link and I think I understand but can you please clarify. So it is O.K. to have 2 accounts from the same IP, so long as they don't trade with each other? Does that mean that they can't send contracts to each other at all or can they if it is for a market price?

Post by Guest » 04.04.2008, 16:16

ChatWizard wrote:Azer: I don't disagree with the logic behind what you are saying, it is frustrating when you put a product on the market for a fair price just to have someone come behind you and put theirs for a ridiculously low price, that makes yours just sit there. My question was simply this, if it is a mutual contract between two businesess where one is giving one product for a certain price and the other is sending another product back for a certain price and it doesn't affect anyone other than the two parties mentioned,, is this not just fair trade? you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours kinda thing? I am not trying to be ignorant i am simply trying to understand. I have only been playing for a few months so I am still kinda new to the whole thing. It was my understanding that this is a business simulation game and any business I have been a part of has worked in this way.
It is a fair trade unless it the prices get too high or too low. Trading a little under or over to help another company out is quite alright. (I like helping out smaller companies in this way.)
ChatWizard wrote:Zbombe: I read the post from your link and I think I understand but can you please clarify. So it is O.K. to have 2 accounts from the same IP, so long as they don't trade with each other? Does that mean that they can't send contracts to each other at all or can they if it is for a market price?
You cannot trade AT ALL via contracts. (That goes back to what I said about cheaters trading between accounts.) You might not be able to trade between your kids but there are thousands of other players. :wink:

Post by Guest » 04.04.2008, 16:20

OK,, thanks for the clarification. :D

Post by Guest » 05.04.2008, 05:13

I just want to say thank you to everyone that helped me out. Your help was greatly appreciated and won't be forgotten once I am estabished and fully operational again.
I will say that I am in a position that no longer requires a large amount of help and I don't want to take advange of anyones generosity so please don't just send me contacts without working out a business contract with me first anymore.
I am always looking for for business partners though, so if we can help each other out then please feel free to message me and we can see what we can work out. :D
Once again thank you everyone your help was overwhelming!