Social Justice in Kapiland

This is our board section for topics that are not related to Kapilands. Please keep in mind: Avoid links to non-Kapilands-websites.

Moderator: moderators

Social Justice in Kapiland

Post by Guest » 30.12.2007, 14:54

or Penguins with virtual jobs

And in Club Penguin, a popular online game club for the elementary school set, more than 2.5 million kids gave their virtual earnings to charities in a contest this month. In response, the site's founders are giving $1 million to charities based on the children's preferences.

At Club Penguin, children's penguins have virtual jobs, earn virtual coins and can buy things for their virtual igloo homes. The site held a 10-day "Coins for Change" campaign ending on Christmas Eve in which 2.5 million users donated in some cases as many as 1,500 coins

Post by Guest » 01.01.2008, 00:18

I think this site was made by just some German guy, not a multi billion dollar multi nation mega corporation.

Plus charities suck, they are all scams.
Most of they money goes to paying the salaries of the people who run those charities. If they get more donations that year they also give themselves a raise.

I Know it is a big time problem in some churches even and save the children foundation, where you give money to poor starving homeless orphans in some South American country, while some of these people are real they have never received a nickel of that money that was sent to them.

The founder of Mothers Against Drunk Driving was fired from her own charity, after she made the mistake of hiring some of these corporate types to help her run it.

It's all a scam, I think that is exactly the wrong message to send to kids.
HEY, YEah, the world has problems, but don't worry about it, just give us some of your money and Micky Mouse will take care of it for you.

I think they should be taught to solve the world problems themselves personally with their own hands and not just drop a couple dollars in a collection box and hope everything works out alright.

Post by Guest » 06.05.2008, 09:13

lol joind this site when i heard about this
i wasnt a member so we couldnt do up our igloo
i spent over 10000coins on all the references you could send them to. :oops: lol
but it was for a good cause

Post by Guest » 06.05.2008, 12:24

another sad thing about that kind of charity, is that even if you give
to a reliable organisation, the money will never get back on those
who need them

I've lived several years in kenya, my country was giving millions
each years, and neraly everything goes to the so-called 'president'
of the country. The rest was dispatched among people highly ranked
in the governement.

But the people who need the money, didn't even get a bit of water.

So if you really wan to help them, go on holliday, and do something
locally.

Post by Guest » 20.08.2008, 08:05

well, keep in mind that you are comparing the Disney Company with the Kapilands. To the Disney company, 1mil is like a drop in the bucket for them.

if cash money brothers gives away 200mil to some new players, dont expect a beginner manager will do the same