Any html creators in the house?

This is our board section for topics that are not related to Kapilands. Please keep in mind: Avoid links to non-Kapilands-websites.

Moderator: moderators

Any html creators in the house?

Post by Guest » 31.07.2010, 09:30

I'm looking at learning html. I have the basics all scrolled off to snoop at in my own pace... But I'm not finding anything to do with anything more advanced.
Is there anyone around who can direct me to a list of advanced commands, like using input from forms to decide outcomes... sort of adding 'if - then' etc.
Also how I'd use calculations to decide outcomes. for example 'if x=7 and y=9 then goto z'.
My goodness, I hope I make sense. :oops:

Post by Guest » 31.07.2010, 10:04

You will find a few good resources online just Google HTML.

Post by Guest » 31.07.2010, 10:17

I've been doing that for serveral days, and haven't found anything beyond they basics. any clues on what keywords I should use? Perhaps I'm just not exploring the sites properly.

Post by Guest » 31.07.2010, 11:00

intermediate html tutorial perhaps?
Or just read sourcecodes of websites :P

Post by Guest » 01.08.2010, 09:55

hey bogey bargains, you're back :)

Post by Guest » 01.08.2010, 10:03

Jan, I'm amazed that you remember me. It's amazing how much kapilands HASN'T changed in a year. It's great!
We have some new urm.... characters playing though, that's for sure.
It's a shame that we can't buy 'foundation cripplers' for some players and their buildings.

Post by Guest » 02.08.2010, 01:48

yeah it is..Goldeneye has done a good job tho, the spam is really alot less since the post count in off-topic is gone 8)

Ah well, welcome back and for html? Well i cant advertise other sites, but try ''the machine that finds sites and starts with a G and ends with OOGLE''

Post by Guest » 02.08.2010, 01:51

I used to play some game in which most people seemed able to program :D

Post by Guest » 02.08.2010, 20:40

Since you're trying to learn more about programming, I would say that googling for terms such as "programming tutorials", "html tutorials", "html intermediate tutorials", "programming language tutorials" etc might fit the bill. Try it out and see what end results you get. :D I'm not a genius when it comes to this, either, but have learned the basics myself. And that would do for me. After all, I'm not a programmer, just a guy trying to earn a buck online. ;)

Post by Guest » 03.08.2010, 06:45

Thanks for the tip, but I can't find anything that goes past a basic display page.
I think it's pointless asking for html... my understanding is that html doesn't have database usage commands and if/then capabilities...

But then what? Java? mysql? php? What's the difference? lolz... what do they even stand for... :S

I've tried searching for tutorials, and command lists etc for those too...
Doesn't seem to come back with much help.

Just a command list would be perfect. Tutorials take my time.
This hassle REALLY makes me miss the zx spectrum. lol

EDIT: Don't panic! I found exactly what I was looking for. java script command list took me to a site that had exactly that, along with operation command lists. :D thanks guys. :)[/b]

Post by Guest » 03.08.2010, 07:57

Have fun learning JavaScript then ;)

Post by Guest » 03.08.2010, 08:35

bogeyboy corp wrote:Thanks for the tip, but I can't find anything that goes past a basic display page.
I think it's pointless asking for html... my understanding is that html doesn't have database usage commands and if/then capabilities...

But then what? Java? mysql? php? What's the difference? lolz... what do they even stand for... :S

I've tried searching for tutorials, and command lists etc for those too...
Doesn't seem to come back with much help.

Just a command list would be perfect. Tutorials take my time.
This hassle REALLY makes me miss the zx spectrum. lol

EDIT: Don't panic! I found exactly what I was looking for. java script command list took me to a site that had exactly that, along with operation command lists. :D thanks guys. :)[/b]
You obviously learned basic as I did. Programing these days is a whole new ball game.
Good luck with it.

Post by Guest » 04.08.2010, 00:44

bogeyboy corp wrote:

uuuuh!
Can I have the link please? :o
been looking for it for ages!

Post by Guest » 05.08.2010, 15:48

But then what? Java? mysql? php? What's the difference?
Have you also tried finding out some info on Wikipedia, as well? If not, here are a couple of links that might interest you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MySQL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_%28pr ... anguage%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Server_Pages ( ASP )

Of course, these pages might be just something that barely "scratches" the surface, but nonetheless, it are a starting point. :)

Post by Guest » 05.08.2010, 16:15

it are?