Spamming CLOSED TOPIC FULLY DISCUSSED

This is our board section for topics that are not related to Kapilands. Please keep in mind: Avoid links to non-Kapilands-websites.

Moderator: moderators

Spamming CLOSED TOPIC FULLY DISCUSSED

Post by Guest » 01.06.2010, 16:56

Will any of yous agree that recently we have been spamming exceptionally badly? most of us would agree that spamming is fun but, it has gone to far recently and many of our more sensible threads have been hijacked and then blocked. There have been exceptionally large numbers of random and un-related posts and that is useless spam. Not mentioning anyone in-particular but certain people have said useless things in multiple threads, which resulted in a mass locking of topics which for a while had good conversations. This person has been spamming at an epidemic rate and I just believe that, that person is jeprodising future spamming, this is not me complaining that over 3 weeks 1 person has posted close to 800 posts and nearly over-taken me but that soon there might be another major crackdown on us and resulting in a temporary forum death. This is getting long so I will cut it short. What I am trying to say is that spamming for the sake of spamming by ruining threads for personal benefit is not right for us, other people that have morals.

PS: This is not me complaining that I will soon lose highest post count on the forum and I know it will happen soon as I am in the middle of exams and can't post that often. Hope someone agrees with this :D
Last edited by Guest on 02.06.2010, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » 01.06.2010, 17:02

i agree. so we can spam here and leave the rest of the forum for what it is?

Post by Guest » 01.06.2010, 17:22

Stop spamming and that's it.

It's Off Topic (not game related things) and not spam section.

Re: Spamming (DON'T LOCK)

Post by Guest » 01.06.2010, 18:19

kingrewt wrote:spamming for the sake of spamming by ruining threads for personal benefit is not right for us, other people that have morals.

PS: This is not me complaining that I will soon lose highest post count on the forum and I know it will happen soon as I am in the middle of exams and can't post that often. Hope someone agrees with this :D
Whilst i agree with the spam getting stupid, i seem to remember going through the same amount of spam when someone else was also aiming for the highest number of posts. :roll:

How about people stop wasting time worrying about the quantity of posts they have and concentrate more on the quality, it's a shame post counts can't just be removed on the forum this would solve most of the mindless junk.

Post by Guest » 01.06.2010, 18:24

It can't be removed, but goldeneye can change it :D
I think that everyone that spams for the count should have his spam count reseted :wink:

Post by Guest » 01.06.2010, 18:42

NYK wrote:Whilst i agree with the spam getting stupid, i seem to remember going through the same amount of spam when someone else was also aiming for the highest number of posts
I refute that allegation :wink: my excessive spam had a meaning and I never posted the same thing in 20 different threads. Yet I have always listened to warnings (nearly always) and I remember having been told off by half the forum once (inatel as well but he had left) and since I have calmed down. I do agree that it should be quality but however sometimes serious threads are hijacked and it cannot be classed as quality posts after a certain person every time someone brings it back on topic at once deviates and forces and alternate topic upon the thread as well several others.

Post by Guest » 01.06.2010, 20:37

my excessive spam had a meaning
which is?

see guys, i havent had a warning yet. ok, sometimes my words are not really about whats going on in the topic, but its not a race for me or so. Im here to have a good time, to laugh and to be happy, unlike some of us (serg) who only wants to be the #1 poster...if the peugeot poster wasnt hanging there i'd hang you on my wall

Post by Guest » 02.06.2010, 00:00

jan1666 wrote:
which is?

see guys, i havent had a warning yet. ok, sometimes my words are not really about whats going on in the topic, but its not a race for me or so. Im here to have a good time, to laugh and to be happy, unlike some of us (serg) who only wants to be the #1 poster...if the peugeot poster wasnt hanging there i'd hang you on my wall
Was thinking pretty much the same thing as you. I have yet to receive a warning from the moderators, which means I have been behaving decently enough..so far. Plus, I'm not looking to win the "Spammer of the Month" contest. I post on this forum because I enjoy doing so, I like talking to people and be as sociable as possible. Spamming isn't actually my hobby, you know. :)

Post by Guest » 02.06.2010, 07:25

behaving decently enough..so far. Plus, I'm not looking to win the "Spammer of the Month" contest. I post on this forum because I enjoy doing so, I like talking to people and be as sociable as possible. Spamming isn't actually my hobby, you know.
same as me. GoldenEye must like me a lot :P

Post by Guest » 02.06.2010, 10:54

jan1666 wrote:
which is?

Not really, it is just I have loads of spare time since it is the holidays (half-term) so I have LOADS of spare time, therefore I talk with Walla and Jan on the forums... :wink:

Jan has also been posting like 100-150 times a day... :roll:

Post by Guest » 02.06.2010, 11:36

And then God created PM.

Post by Guest » 02.06.2010, 11:42

I use PM as well, but if everyone used PM not many people would post and the forum would die... :(

And I don't think you and kingrewt use PM all the time. :P

Post by Guest » 02.06.2010, 11:50

I don't use PM because I have stopped spamming some time ago :wink:

Post by Guest » 02.06.2010, 12:15

You still spam in the off-topics sometimes. :wink:

Post by Guest » 02.06.2010, 12:45

jan1666 wrote:
behaving decently enough..so far. Plus, I'm not looking to win the "Spammer of the Month" contest. I post on this forum because I enjoy doing so, I like talking to people and be as sociable as possible. Spamming isn't actually my hobby, you know.
same as me. GoldenEye must like me a lot :P
Well, as long as you don't go over the border of decency, I see no reason why GoldenEye - or any other moderator, for the matter - would want to give you a warning :P .