Parkour

This is our board section for topics that are not related to Kapilands. Please keep in mind: Avoid links to non-Kapilands-websites.

Moderator: moderators

Parkour

Post by Guest » 26.04.2010, 21:29

anyone ever heard of it?
or better yet, is anyone a traceur?

Post by Guest » 27.04.2010, 07:22

Some time ago I wanted to try it out, but I found out that because of my back, which work made quite bent, I can't run anymore. So I gave the idea up.

Post by Guest » 27.04.2010, 10:42

my back is also a pain in the..back

arrghhh, the pain in the back is back!

nah..now for real, my back really is bad, like this ( only not the top part (so only a curve below)

Post by Guest » 27.04.2010, 15:29

What is parkour?

Post by Guest » 27.04.2010, 19:44

look for it on youtube. People running like mad in towns, on roofs, jumping and so. It's a warpath simulation derivative.

Post by Guest » 27.04.2010, 23:02

maybe^
but it's fun...but the cops don't like it for some reason

Post by Guest » 28.04.2010, 08:06

Well because someone running usually means someone who's done something wrong. Or maybe just because cops are dumb and don't understand a s**t.

Post by Guest » 28.04.2010, 15:32

No, I don't think those are the main reasons, especially not the eventually low "brain capacities" of the police. Maybe you want to avoid such comments in future.

In my opinion main reason is the risk of the traceurs injuring themselves or even others. There is also the risk of causing damages at the buildings, benches etc. they jump on/at.
And you must not forget that the police does not define themselves what to do, they get their directives from the legislator and also have to make sure they co-operate with the other police authorities. :) So it is not only about the cops but about everyone in the system. :D

Post by Guest » 28.04.2010, 15:48

In this case, I don't think law is a matter, it's like skateboarding and such. I don't practice them but I don't think that they're such a threat. For sure at least in my country they could use their duty time in better ways. But we're always there, I live in a country where the army patrols the street, so speaking about justice or higher deeds is quite... Useless? Dumb? Useless could be good for this time.

Anyway, sorry for the disrespectful comment, but I can't show much respect to the same guys that killed quite a lot of guys with no reason, in prison, in the streets, on the highway. Could give quite an amount of examples of this happenings in the past three years, and maybe you read a bit about them, don't know if any news arrived outside Italy.

P.S. Don't know you, but I don't know who gives the orders so I have to blame the hand before the head. It always goes like this. Don't think that I only blame them. I blame them TOO, because you have the freedom of choice, and you can say no to orders that you find unjust.

Post by Guest » 28.04.2010, 16:44

Hmm I was going to try it... but I need some other people to practise with me really. I'm quite a self-concious guy really :P Especially in public, I don't like making a tit of myself. So if I go for a run I walk round the corner first and I have to do it really early in the morning. And I won't like sprint race people in public unless I'm with quite a few others :P etc etc.

I've tried some basic parkour things in my garen, running, jumping, balancing... I have a reasonable sized garden but there is a limit really isn't there! :P Haha xD having some dirt, some paving slabs standing up leaning up each other 2 old cars and a van and a garage- very limiting, especially since the garage roof is made of weak asbestos so you can't stand on it :P

And regards the police, you can hurt yourself and others, cause public disturbances and... well you don't need much more do you really? They don't mind organized events and the such, I know a friend who lives on the other side of london to me who has friends who do it like professionally, and the police didn't mind that event- I saw the pictures and it was amazing :P

Post by Guest » 28.04.2010, 16:54

Yeah, in fact they stop the guys because they cause "public disturbance", I think. Even though I don't think people are so mad at them for running around with no purpose.

Post by Guest » 29.04.2010, 18:07

Well it does scare some people as people do hurt themselves in parkour xD

Post by Guest » 29.04.2010, 19:25

kingrewt wrote:What is parkour?
http://www.americanparkour.com/content/view/221/417/
there is a better way of explaining :)

Post by Guest » 30.04.2010, 07:33

felixbluindustries wrote:Well it does scare some people as people do hurt themselves in parkour xD
n00bs

XD