so if some one wanted to write a program for this game

This is our board section for topics that are not related to Kapilands. Please keep in mind: Avoid links to non-Kapilands-websites.

Moderator: moderators

so if some one wanted to write a program for this game

Post by Guest » 01.11.2009, 02:18

I am workng on one that is going to calculate the cost to produce an item. by taking the cost to product it plus all the material costs. it even asks you if you buy the materials. i also have allowed people to have power plants in different areas. but it asks a lot of questions to prodcue one of the final products like cars :(

i am also thinking of trying to make one for productions output. like units per unit of time. and then people can put in all the inputs and see which item they will make the most profit per unit of time.

But in order to do that i will need to also have one that will allow people to sell in stores and that one will calculate the price that you should sell something for to make the max profit per time.

i like everything based on time. it the one thing we cannot change. we cannot make an hour only take half an hour :) if only i could.

but i would really appreciate any understandign peopel have. i know about the advertizments. 40k ads half sellign time.

but maybe this is all for me to figure out.

if anyone would like to see what i have done so far privite message me.

i have only three builds left to program and it will out put the cost of all the items.
ice factory, tv station, jewel factory,

Post by Guest » 01.11.2009, 09:19

kapitools

Post by Guest » 01.11.2009, 13:55

i am not very fond of the kapitools cost to produce an item. it assumes you get all the materials required to produce it at 0. whichj i hope we all know that we have to pay for the materials to produce things. and also if kapitools was so good people wouldn't need to do spreadsheets. to find the best selling price. and or all the other thigns they do spreadsheets for

Post by Guest » 01.11.2009, 15:05

Why don't you just use KapiTools and the Help section in Kapilands to write your spreadsheet? KapiTools as all the production numbers and costs while the Help section has all the materials needed. Just combine them together in a spreadsheet and add in the average market price for each item and all your work is done. :wink:

Post by Guest » 02.11.2009, 01:12

some of us don't have spreadsheet capabilities! well i guess i do but i just not very fond of it. but i guess i can just do it that way. and come up with a new set of data each time. instead of one equation that will automatically do it for me.