TV & Childern

This is our board section for topics that are not related to Kapilands. Please keep in mind: Avoid links to non-Kapilands-websites.

Moderator: moderators

TV & Childern

Post by Guest » 30.08.2009, 19:41

children & TV
there is no invention got criticized like TV , because it's negative affects on families , the way it changed our Social habits , reduce intimacy between family members .
it does not just stop there but it also has bad Psychological effects & emotional bad side.
so i will try to answer two questions :
1.does TV make children less sensitive ?
2.does TV make children stupid ?
does TV make children less sensitive ?
for answering that their was a research in the year 2004 .
it was started by a live watching for 7 years old child x
she was called during watching cartoons several time by here mother with out any response
after that as a play here mother sting her with a pin .
girl x didn't response for pain
the surprising thing the test made again with the same results.
so to make sure this time they get a group of 6 children boys and girls
age from 6 to 8
they usually watch TV for 3.4 hour per day.
a two hours cartoon movie CD were displayed.
and during the show they sting the children they did respond .
they do the test again but this time they were talking to the children ,the children respond to the sting .

now in another test they gave them hot glass cups of cocoa during watching the cartoon movie
Kids start to have a sip of the hot liquid and hold the cup in there hands .
but when they were talk to them and give them the hot glass they put it on the table and leave it to cool down .
so the result is that kid feeling of pain will reduce during watching cartoon
that due too TV deceive child mind and send it to stat of sleep
that make his brain send false signal to the body to send hormone that is active during sleep that reduce pain feeling.
and growth hormone
so child will get early growth
2.does TV make children stupid ?
so back to 7 years old girl x
her mother find that here studying level is decreased after watching TV
specially Cartoon movies .
in 2006 an experiment started with a group of 18 kid boys and girls
the first test was with shape toys (spatial testing)
and the second one was simple math test.
before watching the cartoon movie
they passed both of the tests
16 child get 89% rate for the shape test .
15 child get 83% rate for the math test .
test now after hour from the movie began :
shapes test zero
math test 11% for only 2 kids passed it
after the movie ends by half hour :
shapes test 30% for 6 kids only passed it
math test 44% for 2 kids only
this experiment proved that children intelligent declined due to watching TV.

also there were a study which took place in Canada
about comparing the development of the ability of reading for children
3 town for 4 years
first one with no TV
second one TV with only one channel
third town with TV and number of channels
the result was children in the first town got the highest grads
the the result continue decreasing after TV enter the first town
and become near the same grades like the two other towns.

a french study show that 40% from the families student of politic school
( school after high school graduate scientist and politicians )
don't have TV because their families live in social ares that reject TV.

Post by Guest » 30.08.2009, 21:11

wow out of these experiments tv is bad for kids.. but is this only for cartoons?

Post by Guest » 31.08.2009, 09:54

i <3 tv
house ftw!

Post by Guest » 31.08.2009, 10:30

Rickert wrote:wow out of these experiments tv is bad for kids.. but is this only for cartoons?
what else kids watch :)

Post by Guest » 31.08.2009, 12:28

well to start with, you draw wild conclusions - watching tv makes children grow faster? as you know we are complex organisms and there are a lot of factors which influence us, and since the study didnt focus on correlation between watching tv and growth i would say you miss too many variables there and make too much assumptions, and secondly, experiment on such a small group (8 kids) gives too much room for random errors (in statistics, dispersion(a measure for error) is 1/sqrt(n), sqrt(n) is square root of number of test subjects, so with 8 participants you have relative tolerance of 36%

but oh well, i guess im talking alien again :P

Post by Guest » 31.08.2009, 15:23

GREED inc. wrote:well to start with, you draw wild conclusions - watching tv makes children grow faster? as you know we are complex organisms and there are a lot of factors which influence us, and since the study didnt focus on correlation between watching tv and growth i would say you miss too many variables there and make too much assumptions, and secondly, experiment on such a small group (8 kids) gives too much room for random errors (in statistics, dispersion(a measure for error) is 1/sqrt(n), sqrt(n) is square root of number of test subjects, so with 8 participants you have relative tolerance of 36%

but oh well, i guess im talking alien again :P
Welcome to my world, you used to having people telll you to talk english even when you are? Like i get it when im talking french but realy....

Post by Guest » 31.08.2009, 15:43

All I see is children abuse with a needle there. and points that could fit many other things, including computers. :P

When I'm reading youtube comments, I realise that the internet makes people dumber as well.
studied on millions around the world. :roll:

---

As for a serious comment, that test group was way too small to make assumptions, in my opinion.

Post by Guest » 31.08.2009, 19:20

GREED inc. wrote:well to start with, you draw wild conclusions - watching tv makes children grow faster? as you know we are complex organisms and there are a lot of factors which influence us, and since the study didnt focus on correlation between watching tv and growth i would say you miss too many variables there and make too much assumptions, and secondly, experiment on such a small group (8 kids) gives too much room for random errors (in statistics, dispersion(a measure for error) is 1/sqrt(n), sqrt(n) is square root of number of test subjects, so with 8 participants you have relative tolerance of 36%
:P
I fully agree.

Post by Guest » 01.09.2009, 03:09

Judging by the small number of participants I tend to agree with Greed n this being an invalid test.
BUT...I believe there is some truth behind the results. I think too much cartoons turns the mind to mush...just look at that adult in the picture ..he is mesmerized by the image on the Boob Tube..His mommy and daady definitely let him watch to much TV when he was a kid..and has affected his reasoning power to such an extend that he thinks a study of 8 kids is scientific !!

:wink:
pk

Post by Guest » 01.09.2009, 03:37

You know I read Greeds post and I was totally lost after the first 6 words so I am going to agree with him it looks like a plausible answer and could or could not be an answer to your question my guess it is relevant but strays off into unknown wilderness.

I like watching TV, but during the summer when I cant get on the computer because I am shot when I get home and just want to sleep, I probably watch TV for only like maybe 2 hours for 3 months.

I havent posted a stupid post for a while so I figure I start here

Post by Guest » 01.09.2009, 10:44

Sorry but i will Try to clear some things here .
Do you now what is (Epilepsy Photo sensitive)?
it was proven by USA , France & Japan .
it is due to Stroboscopic ( from 10 to 30 Hertz mix of 15 Hertz ), due to direct Exposure to flashing fast light .
By watching TV .

for the first experiment the pain one. 6 kids
they made a brain drawing for the kids wail they are watching TV .
they found out that brain in stat of Alfa Rhythem power between 10 to 13 hertz .
that is the stat like sleep , attention in it's less state , connection with outer world is cut .

Growth hormone is active during sleeping and also kids how watch too much TV
they made them watch no TV for a week and the result was 30% higher Melatonen hormone been activated , that stop's the fast growing process.

In that fake sleep stat Andfoefen hormone is activated this hormone is responsible to weak the feeling of pain and stop it .
also Cerotononen hormone activated to it is job is to mange sleeping process and work at the same time like a calmative .
------------------------------------------------------------------
about the second experiment (18 Kid) we are talking about cartoons not only TV

in the Canadian study TV not only cartoons.
comparing the development of the ability of reading for children
3 town for 4 years
it was about TV and it was not just 18 kid it was 3 towns for 4 years .