coins abuse? or whatever...

This is our board section for topics that are not related to Kapilands. Please keep in mind: Avoid links to non-Kapilands-websites.

Moderator: moderators

coins abuse? or whatever...

Post by Guest » 15.07.2009, 18:01

I think it's unfair people sell coins and are much better then us...
people like [XXXX] who is ranked very good in cash, made 99.99% of his money from selling coins...
its unfair people spend 1 euro, sell the 10 coins, and now have much more money then most of the players...

i started playing 2 years ago, 1 year of serius playing, and got now few bill's and then comes someone who sells 10 coins and now has more money then i made over 2 years...
he didn't do the first and difficult stages of getting to manger stage and such...

unfair.

my point is it's unfair and no fun...

yea... ready for a ban.

[EDIT by GoldenEye: I removed the company name. Please make sure that you do not denunciate any companies, especially not by using their company names.]

Post by Guest » 15.07.2009, 18:22

Same here dude. I spent 1 year, runin my back off to get to a big industrialist level and now some small companies buy coins with some real money and become rich. I say bull****!!!!!Its unfair i tell you, unfair. The worst of it, is they rob it in your face by selling everything for a high price after they got rich.

Post by Guest » 15.07.2009, 18:42

they should do something like making the coin's max price low... this way players who want to get rich will spend more money on coins, and will get less.

Post by Guest » 15.07.2009, 18:56

It is a difficult situation. However please remember without the ability to buy coins then we would have no Kapilands....

Kapilands and the development team need real life money to pay bills, pay wages, and to further the development of Kapilands

The server suite that holds the programs and our data alone is quite an expense...

Personally i dont see how they do it all without charging some fee from everyone. So I am happy.

I like to be able to manage on a basic account and see how i am doing in comparison.

I do not see it as 'cheating' because it is part of the 'game'

But please dont flame an individual/company beacuse of the way they choose to play. I am sure Goldeneye will be along with his red pen shortly

Often in real life business, life is a struggle for the little shop, when along comes a venture capitalist and slaps opposition in right next door to you!

Regards
EX

Post by Guest » 15.07.2009, 19:13

low the coin's price, make some limit.
players who want to get rich will spend more money, less game money in return :D kapi happy.

Post by Guest » 15.07.2009, 19:26

I dont understand about lower coins price....

The price people will pay for coins is dependant on the market.

coins are removed from the system by either monthly account management fees or faxes.

If nobody wanted them then they would have no value ot the value would drop drastically. in R2 they appear to reamain around the 10 mill mark.

Regards
Ex

Post by Guest » 15.07.2009, 20:28

You only just realized? I've been saying this for 6months+ easily all over the forums.

I call them moral cheaters :) But Goldeneye tells me off for that :)

Post by Guest » 15.07.2009, 20:29

Just to make it clear: The Coins-prices are the result of supply and demand.

And people that buy Coins via real money do not cheat. They use an absolutely legal method to get some Caps and calling them cheaters or unfair does not show any respect for those who finance this game. So please watch your choice of words.

Regards
GoldenEye

Post by Guest » 15.07.2009, 22:32

I don't call em cheaters...
but I do say it's unfair they get so much money for the coins...
and the only player who can afford to buy the coins from them are the players who started in the first months of the game...

Post by Guest » 15.07.2009, 23:20

Well those players make it possible for you to play this game, no coins, no kapilands. QUIT COMPLAINING. If your so mad buy coins, if not stop complaining about the people who MAKE THE GAME POSSIBLE for us to play, because of this they should get something in return for financing the game. The coin price is based on supply and demand, people need coins for there premium accounts, as more people need coins for premium accounts the price goes up. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

P.S. in your first post you say this makes the game no fun, if you think the game isn't fun Don't Play the game, games are supposed to be fun.

Post by Guest » 16.07.2009, 00:53

ILIYYILI wrote:I don't call em cheaters...
but I do say it's unfair they get so much money for the coins...
and the only player who can afford to buy the coins from them are the players who started in the first months of the game...
Well, I just made this experience elsewhere (a friend started playing kapiland just a few weeks ago, bought some coins, sold them all and fell into nearly every trap connected to two level rises) and got taken over by far (I am still quite well closing up, though)... I am playing here (R2) for over a year (I think) without spending any real money, as in life how do companies grow? Luck, "right" decision at the right time, meet the "right" people, and do not ask me what else... It all happened to me here - same strategy on a different server (started at the same time) and my company wasn't even half as big there as here...

Like it was written before: Without people buying coins this game could not be offered for free.

But I do not think that it makes a big difference in a player's behaviour if he (or she) puts in real money into a game. Its the nature of people that shows in how they make business...

Everytime I see a huge pile of something on the market placed by a huge player dumping prices for small companies it annoys me. I do not bother HOW a company grew that big, but I do if they take the small ones the same chance to grow by selling their products at fair prices (or even higher ones during contests) which allows them to grow...

On R2 I have grown to a certain size plus I am in a field where I can do a little about certain things - but I cannot save the world... So I am doing my best passing on my profits to my suppliers knowing the more I grow the more I will need their supplies...

Just started with premium, bought coins of another player and I do not mind paying for them - I am only spending virtual money so it does not cost me naught, really...

Dopamin

Post by Guest » 16.07.2009, 03:10

I believe you should be writing thank you letters to those of us who buy coins for keeping Kapilands free to play. If we didn't buy coins you would either have to pay mandatory fees to play or the game wouldn't be available.

I agree with Dopamin, too. Money is only as useful as the person using it is.

Here is an example:
Company 1 starts off in Wardrobe retailing and doesn't spend any money buying coins.
Company 2 starts off buying 500 coins and uses all the money to buy and build Fruit Plantations, RCs and Grocery stores to produce and retail Pears.
Company 2 might have more Fixed Assets to start off with but Company 1 will pass Company 2 down the road as they know how to spend their money better.

Most coins are sold to other players for:
  • VIP Accounts
  • Faxes
  • Money for contests
  • Status Symbols
The first three things help more companies out than the two buying and selling the coins. VIP accounts give a company more space to build buildings and increase their needs for other suppliers. Faxes give many companies an easy way to find buyers or sellers offering good deals. Money for contests helps stead capital around the game from the large companies to the small companies. (Just think about this. The past few contests on Realm 1 have had over 150B spent on just the top 10 spots while Realm 2 has had over 20B spent on the same spots. That is a huge amount of capital being past around for companies to use.)

Post by Guest » 16.07.2009, 09:44

Maybe the rank system (stats) should have the cash status removed, it is clearly not an accomplishment to have a lot of cash if one can simply sell coins to obtain that status.

I am not against the buying /selling of coins, as many people point out it is what keeps this game going.
But the selling of coins to other players for loads of cash.. yes I do understand that some players would consider that as not fair.

For the game play it would be good to only be able to sell coins to other players a little above system price (you can sell 1 coin for 50 k to the system right now) so lets say you can sell to other players for max. 60 k.
That way, the chances for everybody to become succesfull in the game would be evened out more.

The result would however be that less people will be buying coins for real money as the benefit (sell to others for big cash) is no longer there.
This would obviously hurt the income of the people who need this to keep kapilands going.
So you see, every coin has 2 sides..(as we say in my country). :D
It is something that I think will not be resolved.

Post by Guest » 17.07.2009, 15:03

its a sign of the times
people do not want to work their way up the ladder they want the good things in life..NOW!!!
They read in the forum about company ABC buying Wardrobes/Leather Jackets for BIG kapis and want in on the action without the slow and tedious work involved. Its the same reason that cheat codes exist to skip all of the lower levels of a Game and go right to the top levels.

:roll:

pk

Post by Guest » 17.07.2009, 19:29

pk121 wrote:...

Its the same reason that cheat codes exist to skip all of the lower levels of a Game and go right to the top levels.

:roll:

pk
Unfortunately you are right, but following this strategy has one big trap (in this game, but think also in real life)... Its dead obvious "next door" where I am also playing: Companies with big money but no idea about the game, why whats happening and the shown actions, make me giggle sometimes (like tons of candy Q11 or bottled cocoa Q dontaskmeplease on the market at a price I would not believe, if I had not seen it with my own eyes)...

Experience cannot be bought (no matter if an economy is virtual or not), some either take good advice or not. If they don't... Well not my thing to worry about... I did not take ALL advice given and had to learn. Some I did others I didn't.

Sally, we have this saying with two sides of a coin as well, thats the way life is...

Dopamin