Blank screen on failed expansion.

Always add your player ID, your company name and the Realm you play in to your description. Describe the problem as detailed as possible!

Moderator: moderators

Blank screen on failed expansion.

Post by Guest » 30.01.2011, 01:59

You don't have enough material for this expansion.
You'll need the following material:

back
That's what I'm looking at when I try to expand my buildings.
I was expanding 20+ buildings at the same time (admin building) and I did not have enough materials for all of them.
Those that had the materials started to expand, and I bought the needed materials and then tried to expand my remaining buildings, but now that message keeps popping up.

I have all the materials needed now, but for some reason it tells me that I don't.
relogging did not fix this.

Name: VerConMat Industries BV
ID: 316018
Realm: 2
Bug reproducable: Yes, 3 times before relogging, 1 time after relogging, then I stopped attempting to expand.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 31.01.2011, 09:43

Hmm, can you tell me which buildings you want expanded? Of just give me one to test with? I don't want to click accidentally expand a building you did not want to enlarge, when testing this. ;-)

Cheers,

pearlbay
In case of urgent problems or questions, please use our support form!

Post by Guest » 01.02.2011, 22:23

I want every single remaining 1500m2 Mine to expand to 3000m2.

so these buildings need to be expanded by 1500m2:
Saudi Arabia:500509 Mine E:150 1500 m

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 02.02.2011, 08:49

Hi again,

I have now tested and verified the problem; Will pass it on to our programmer to look at as soon as he can!

Just in case you are wondering, why mine 500509 is currently being expanded to 1800 m2 ... tested this one manually but managed to enter an entirely wrong number. Sorry about that! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I will get back to you as soon as I receive a response, at any rate!

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » 02.02.2011, 17:37

pearlbay wrote: Just in case you are wondering, why mine 500509 is currently being expanded to 1800 m2 ... tested this one manually but managed to enter an entirely wrong number. Sorry about that! :oops: :oops: :oops:
You sound just like my Kapilands-secretary! :P

It's okay, I'll expand it on to 3000 as soon as it's done.
Hopefully the expanding bug is resolved by that time, and the rest will be able to expand as well.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 03.02.2011, 09:11

VerConMat Industries BV wrote: You sound just like my Kapilands-secretary! :P
Working on it. ;-) Watch me: Oops, sorry for spilling that mug of freshly brewed maccafrappocina extra hot with almond syrup all over your new contract! :P

But kidding aside: Sorry again! :)
VerConMat Industries BV wrote: Hopefully the expanding bug is resolved by that time, and the rest will be able to expand as well.
Well, according to our programmer the problem is that you really don't have enough steel right now. According to his calculations you need:

166.500 steel, and you currently only have 131.361. Granted, this was after the expansion I executed, but I would say you might have simply miscalculated the first time.

Still does not solve the problem why the system does not tell you how many items (and which ones) are missing, so I have asked him to keep looking into this.

Until then make sure to check again if you see this message - chances are, you are short of at least one item.

Best regards,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » 03.02.2011, 18:51

All my buildings are in expansion now.

I retried to expand (bought 1 million steel) and it gave me a different "failed to expand all buildings" message this time.
This time, it told me what materials it had used to expand the buildings it did expand,
but there's still no "you need xxxx materials to expand the rest of your buildings" type of message below it.

So I bought another 5 million steel and now they're all expanding to 3000m2, except for Mine #500509. :P

---

I think it miscalculated the needed steel around the time of my bugreport.
it told me I needed a certain amount of steel, which I then bought. (even bought more than it told me to)
At that point I had more than enough according to the calculation of the server, however in reality it still wasn't enough. :P

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 04.02.2011, 07:35

I will get back to you here as soon as I have heard from our programmers. Glad to hear, though, that it is working now and you are able to expand!

Best wishes,

pearlbay

Post by Guest » 13.08.2011, 22:36

Bumping this back up as it's now happening on Realm 1.

once again, it's not telling me which materials I'm lacking.
Just like the last time, this is happening on my mines.

Realm: 1
Company: VerConMat Industries BV
User-ID: 136356
Reproducable: Yep

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 16.08.2011, 08:47

Which buildings are affected this time? The mines again?

Post by Guest » 17.08.2011, 19:03

Yep.
All of my mines on the realm 1 account.

pearlbay

Post by pearlbay » 18.08.2011, 07:08

OK, thanks, I've passed this on! If I don't get a response by today, Duffhead will keep you posted on our programmers' findings!

Best regards,

pearlbay